1. The sky
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 23:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    Don't worry about it. If you really want to know God he will reveal Himself to you. Have no doubt about it.
    And if he doesn't, then josephw will just conclude that you didn't really want to know him.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 23:19
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I think he wants a God who will "put out." Who doesn't?
    Wouldn't that be a "goddess" that "puts out"?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 23:24
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    And if he doesn't, then josephw will just conclude that you didn't really want to know him.
    Do you want to know God?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 23:26
    Originally posted by rwingett
    That is the lamest analogy I have ever heard.

So god is like a teenager with a crush? The cute girl wouldn't give him the time of day. Maybe that's why he drowned almost everyone in the great flood.
    You're not a teenager are you? Even adults have feelings. And so does God.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 23:40
    You're not a teenager are you? Even adults have feelings. And so does God.
    Yeah, right. Is that what caused the great flood? God was crying his eyes out for 40 days and 40 nights because he got jilted?
  6. The sky
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 23:43
    Do you want to know God?
    I certainly did when I was a Christian. Now the question doesn't make much sense to me anymore, as I don't believe in his existence. However, in the extremely unlikely case that the Christian God exists, of course I would want to know him.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Dec '07 23:55
    Yeah, right. Is that what caused the great flood? God was crying his eyes out for 40 days and 40 nights because he got jilted?
    No. God destroyed all life in the flood because, Ge 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

But you were only being facetious right?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 00:01
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I certainly did when I was a Christian. Now the question doesn't make much sense to me anymore, as I don't believe in his existence. However, in the extremely unlikely case that the Christian God exists, of course I would want to know him.
    You could have only been a Christian if you had in fact placed your trust in Christ and had been baptised into the body of Christ.
    At that point it would make little difference whether you continued to believe or not. You would be saved forever.

Once one has received the gift of ETERNAL life one cannot lose it or give it back.

So if you did, too bad, your going to heaven. 😉
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 00:29

So if you did, too bad, your going to heaven. 😉
    If God takes some people to heaven against their will, why doesn't he take all people to heaven?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 00:45
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    If God takes some people to heaven against their will, why doesn't he take all people to heaven?
    I'm not sure how to answer that to your satisfaction, but I'll try.

Without going into the doctrine of salvation in detail; that would only raise more questions and arguments, salvation, once one has it, is permanent because of the very nature of what salvation is.

Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him,..

2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

It's a done deal!

I have never met a Christian that ever said they didn't want eternal life anymore. It doesn't make any sense.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 01:24
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That's the best explanation I've seen anyone put forth on this forum for what "the beginning of time" means.
    Thanks. 😵
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 01:27
    Once again you reveal your complete ignorance. There is overwhelming physical evidence to support evolution.
    if there was overwhelming evidence, it would be fact, not theory. look, there is proof of natural selection and micro evolution, but there is no proof of macro evolution. you gotta love how the atheists in this forum come in here w/ their cocky attitudes like they are better than the theists when in the real world, theists outnumber atheists greatly. i would like to debate w/ somebody who did not think he/she was better than me.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 01:29
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Yes it is akin to believing in Santa Claus, it's just that for you the belief is stronger. Maybe that's why it's so hard to get across.
    You don't see people going around worshiping Santa Clause now do you? You don't see a holy book pointing to him that has ancient roots do you? You don't see people going around saying that he exists other than for the benefit for children do you? I guess you could argue that like Christ he did walk the earth at one time. In that regard he is historically a fact of life as Christ was. Having said that, he never claimed to be the Son of God did he?
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 01:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    You don't see people going around worshiping Santa Clause now do you? You don't see a holy book pointing to him that has ancient roots do you? You don't see people going around saying that he exists other than for the benefit for children do you? I guess you could argue that like Christ he did walk the earth at one time. In that regard he is historically ...[text shortened]... fact of life as Christ was. Having said that, he never claimed to be the Son of God did he?
    A bigger lie for bigger people needs bigger "evidence". That is all.
  15. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 01:38
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    if there was overwhelming evidence, it would be fact, not theory. look, there is proof of natural selection and micro evolution, but there is no proof of macro evolution. you gotta love how the atheists in this forum come in here w/ their cocky attitudes like they are better than the theists when in the real world, theists outnumber atheists greatly. i would like to debate w/ somebody who did not think he/she was better than me.
    Whether atheists are cocky or not has nothing to do with the argument per se. That having been said you appear to have no idea what you're talking about. Scientists recognize that they have been proven wrong before, so things like gravity are still called theory because THEORETICALLY they could be wrong.

If you want to jump off a building and try to prove how unreliable "theory" is go ahead. I'd wager that's a theory you'd sort of want to trust though.

As for theists outnumbering atheists: A) that is to be expected (nobody gets brainwashed from the first day their born to disbelieve in God, only the opposite B) what does that have to do with whether theism or atheism is right?

I bet Britney Spears outsold JS Bach last year: does that tell me that Britney is a better musician/composer or that more people choose to listen to her? There was only one person who believed the Earth revolved around the sun at a time when everyone else on the planet believed otherwise. Do you still believe the sun revolves around the earth?

If you can't tell by the attitude in my post I'll be explicit: I am better than you and I know it 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree