1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 12:33
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Pascal said there are only three kinds of people in the world: those who have sought God and found him, those who are seeking Him and have not found Him, and those who neither seek Him nor find Him. Pascal called the first class "reasonable (wise) and happy" -- reasonable because they seek and happy because they find. He calls the second class "reasonabl ...[text shortened]... nd unhappy" -- unreasonable because they do not seek and unhappy because they do not find.
    But he was wrong.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 15:22
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Pascal said there are only three kinds of people in the world: those who have sought God and found him, those who are seeking Him and have not found Him, and those who neither seek Him nor find Him. Pascal called the first class "reasonable (wise) and happy" -- reasonable because they seek and happy because they find. He calls the second class "reasonabl ...[text shortened]... nd unhappy" -- unreasonable because they do not seek and unhappy because they do not find.
    Pascal also formulated Pascal's Wager. Do you think Pascal's Wager is sound?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 15:51
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    well i have discovered that debating the EXISTENCE of god only gets me going in circles. if there was a way to disprove god, then there wouldnt be believers today. also, it is very hard to win a debate of god's existence because for an atheist to win, he only has to fight for a draw. he can simply say "prove it"; it is much like a country invading anot ...[text shortened]... g country fights to a draw and wins. when a problem comes to mind i will post another thread.
    if there was a way to disprove god, then there wouldnt be believers today.

Not true. We've disproved that the Earth is flat, but there are still believers.
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 15:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]if there was a way to disprove god, then there wouldnt be believers today.

Not true. We've disproved that the Earth is flat, but there are still believers.[/b]
    As another example, many children believe in Santa Claus, even though it is trivial to demonstrate that no toy factory exists at the North Pole.
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 17:11
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    now i am stuck in a position where i believe in god(s) but idk who he/she/them/it is.
    Go to Church,get a bible,look God up on the internet and it will all become clear to you... how wonderful that you are now saved,praise the Lord,may you enlighten others on your journey with God....may he bless you richly!!!
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 17:13
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Go to Church,get a bible,look God up on the internet and it will all become clear to you... how wonderful that you are now saved,praise the Lord,may you enlighten others on your journey with God....may he bless you richly!!!
    Yes, EV, you too can become someone else's interpretation of god! Rejoice!
  7. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 17:17
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Yes, EV, you too can become someone else's interpretation of god! Rejoice!
    all i have said are ways to enlighten yourself about God...he then can have his own interpretation.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 17:18
    all i have said are ways to enlighten yourself about God...he then can have his own interpretation.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
    Why should he need to do any of the things you suggested to get his own interpretation?
  9. The sky
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 17:20
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Why should he need to do any of the things you suggested to get his own interpretation?
    And why only church, bible, God? He didn't say he believes in the Christian God, he said he believes in god(s).
  10. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 17:25
    Just trying to help him...give him some ideas...more than you guys have done to help mmmm?
  11. The sky
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 17:28
    Just trying to help him...give him some ideas...more than you guys have done to help mmmm?
    Sometimes letting people find their own way instead of leading them in the direction you want is the best help you can give.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 17:50
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Sometimes letting people find their own way instead of leading them in the direction you want is the best help you can give.
    You can lead a horse to holy water, but you can't make him drink.
  13. Gangster Land
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 20:29
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You can lead a horse to holy water, but you can't make him drink.
    Perhaps, but if you have ever met a horse you will know that he/she is pretty damn likely to take a dump in it. 😉
  14. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 08:40
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    He asked,i responded....simple as that my friend!
  15. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 08:41
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Perhaps, but if you have ever met a horse you will know that he/she is pretty damn likely to take a dump in it. 😉
    But not a holy horse!!! 😉😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree