I am ready when you are.

I am ready when you are.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
16 Oct 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
This post is for sumydid.

This is probably one of the main reasons RJH felt I was a demon masquerading as a Christian.
I see.

Well, as I have never seen a satisfactory, bona fide link between apes and man, I will go on believing that man is not borne from apes. However I don't believe the Earth is about 7,000 years old. So I guess I'm somewhere in between you and RJH.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
16 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
So I guess I'm somewhere in between you and RJH.
You wish! 😛

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Oct 11

Originally posted by mikelom
You wish! 😛
As much as I try to corral you when you get out of hand, you still manage to make me laugh. Few of the other atheists here have that talent. Too many of them are bound by hate, which squeezes out their humor like juice from a lemon.

w

Moves
16 Oct 11
2 edits

This post is for sumydid.

This is probably one of the main reasons RJH felt I was a demon masquerading as a Christian.
I think you will find that there are many out there who would feel the same way. For example, anytime you mention the word "evolution", walls instantly go up as they target you as an enemy and are then free to discount anything you say. Of course, the opposite can be said of atheists anytime you utter the word, "creation".

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in the entire theory of evolution but to completely discount it's observations is absurd. That is why you have things like the Creation museum being built. The only reason it was built was because many interpret Genesis to say that the universe was created in a literal 6 day period. As I have said before, this is largely ignorance based upon interpreting the Hebrew Torah. The 6 day interpretation really means morning/evening, or disorder/order, not a 24 hour period. In short, it is a failure to not take scripture literally enough, not the other way around.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Oct 11

As much as I try to corral you when you get out of hand, you still manage to make me laugh. Few of the other atheists here have that talent. Too many of them are bound by hate, which squeezes out their humor like juice from a lemon.
Too many of them are bound by hate

LOL!!!!! How exactly have you come to this rather bizarre conclusion?