1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 01:59
    You cannot debate and argue falsity.

People want me to get involved with debating their silly beliefs - and I cannot.

And how can I enquire from someone who will not admit that animal cruelty is wrong - and when they actually also defends this - even after I have demolished any argument that they have put forward in defence of animal cruelty.

They are not the persons to make enquiry from. (they are ignorant and insincere)

They complain all the time about ....why I don't get involved and debate with their ideas - but their ideas are mostly false and only time wasting and are only posted to bait me into an endless go nowhere discussion.

I have given many posts that would allow a lively discussion about spirituality - but no one is interested to acknowledge the post - to discuss.

They are simply interested in arguing their silly and false beliefs.

This is their insincerity and foolishness and I will not be part of it.
  2. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 02:04
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You cannot debate and argue falsity.

People want me to get involved with debating their silly beliefs - and I cannot.

And how can I enquire from someone who will not admit that animal cruelty is wrong - and when they actually also defends this - even after I have demolished any argument that they have put forward in defence of animal cruelty.

They are ...[text shortened]... y and false beliefs.

This is their insincerity and foolishness and I will not be part of it.
    Anata wa totemo bakayaro
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 02:22
    I see both sides of that fence that should be a bit less silly with thier posting.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 02:411 edit

I have given many posts that would allow a lively discussion about spirituality - but no one is interested to acknowledge the post - to discuss.

now you know why.

i must admit, you have given one or two topics worthy of discussion, but you run away from them as soon as a discussion begins and valid points are brought up that require you to reassess your original assertions.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 02:54
    I am unaware of anybody in this community who supports animal cruelty as it is conventionally defined. If you cannot accept that non-vegetarians can be spiritual people and that they simply do not accept your subjective assertions about there being a "spirituality" based prohibition on eating meat, I am not really sure what it is you want to achieve here. This is a community made up of people with diverse beliefs and spiritual paths. Trying to homogenize or browbeat people into conformity or submission to your own chosen beliefs and your spiritual path is surely a hiding to nothing.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 02:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am unaware of anybody in this community who supports animal cruelty as it is conventionally defined. If you cannot accept that non-vegetarians can be spiritual people and that they simply do not accept your subjective assertions about there being a "spirituality" based prohibition on eating meat, I am not really sure what it is you want to achieve here. This i ...[text shortened]... r submission to your own chosen beliefs and your spiritual path is surely a hiding to nothing.
    Yes, this point has been laboured to the point of absurdity. Just accept that people eat meat ,Dasa, and lets move on.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 02:591 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I see both sides of that fence that should be a bit less silly with thier posting.
    Do you ever worry that a preposterous and self-regarding OP like this inspiring such a wishy-washy response from you might make you look like one of the more "silly" persons in this community? Does it ever cross your mind, even if you discount it? 😀
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 03:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you ever worry that a preposterous and self-regarding OP like this can inspire such a wishy-washy response from you might make you look a like one of the more "silly" persons in this community? Does it ever cross your mind, even if you discount it? 😀
    It crossed my mind. It was a general comment and I stand by it.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 03:02
    It crossed my mind. It was a general comment and I stand by it.
    On another topic, did you ask Jo about letting me hear her songs?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 03:041 edit
    Yes, this point has been laboured to the point of absurdity. Just accept that people eat meat ,Dasa, and lets move on.
    Why not say it to him rather than tucking it away in a comment addressed to me? It sometimes seems like you are somehow afraid Dasa might say mean things to you.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 03:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why not say it to him rather than tucking it away in a comment addressed to me? It sometimes seems like you are somehow afraid Dasa might say mean things to you.
    Oops, sorry. Just a habit of trying to asnwer 2 posts with one. Maybe unapt this time.

Dasa has said mean things to me. I dont mind. Really.

You said something a bit mean inferring I may be "silly" , but I took no offence. I thought about it. Well it could be interpretted as a bit mean, but maybe you differ?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 03:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you ever worry that a preposterous and self-regarding OP like this inspiring such a wishy-washy response from you might make you look like one of the more "silly" persons in this community? Does it ever cross your mind, even if you discount it? 😀
    I dont discount that I may be seen as one of the more silly posters on this site.
    I'm not out there to look good. I just am what I am and I try to be honest and have made corrections where I saw they were needed.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 03:231 edit
    You said something a bit mean inferring I may be "silly" , but I took no offence. I thought about it. Well it could be interpretted as a bit mean, but maybe you differ?
    Dasa's OP basically says that he is right and that people who disagree with what he says are silly, ignorant, insincere, false, dishonest and foolish etc. You then say you can see both sides of the fence? Who - out of those who stand up to Dasa's abusive persona - does anything remotely equivalent to calling virtually everybody silly, ignorant, insincere, false, dishonest and foolish etc? How is there any equivalency at all in terms of decency? How is there any equivalency at all in terms of "silliness"? Or were you just being silly about this with your comment about "both sides of that fence"? 😀
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 03:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Dasa's OP basically says that he is right and that people who disagree with what he says are silly, ignorant, insincere, false, dishonest and foolish etc. You then say you can see both sides of the fence? Who - out of those who stand up to Dasa's abusive persona - does anything remotely equivalent to calling virtually everybody silly, ignorant, insincere, false, ...[text shortened]... ere you just being silly about this with your comment about "both sides of that fence"? 😀
    I said "SOME silly comments from both sides". Off the top of my head I was thinking of amolv06 and not you at all.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 03:32
    I said "SOME silly comments from both sides". Off the top of my head I was thinking of amolv06 and not you at all.
    I don't care in the slightest if you are referring to me or not. I am more interested in the fatuousness of what you sometimes say, and that in your apparent efforts to be 'decent' and all-things-to-all-people that you run the risk of representing nothing and inadvertently strengthening the hand of indecency.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree