1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I see a lot of posts in this forum saying something to the effect of: "Sorry, but if Christians can't even agree on their own silly dogma, then how on earth do they expect me to take them seriously?"

And now we have two atheists arguing. One chastising the other that his non-belief isn't strong enough.

No, don't stop, do go on. It's quite amusing, in a hypocritical sort of way.
    Actually, karoly is not an atheist. Keep posting in ignorance though... it tickles my mind.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 21:26
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Actually, karoly is not an atheist. Keep posting in ignorance though... it tickles my mind.
    He is buddhist, yes?

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." -- Matthew 7:20, KJV
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 21:30
    He is buddhist, yes?

I have read the bible, thanks. Read that in context and it tells you what "their fruits" are. It is surely not their religion.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 21:381 edit
    I have read the bible, thanks. Read that in context and it tells you what "their fruits" are. It is surely not their religion.
    Go back and read it again, then, for you obviously did not understand it the first time.

I meant it in context.

EDIT: I almost wrote "Six of one, half dozen of another." But then I realized it was said better long before me.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:081 edit
    He is buddhist, yes?

You can just think of me as a "non-dualist", if you must label me.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:14
    Go back and read it again, then, for you obviously did not understand it the first time.

I meant it in context.

EDIT: I almost wrote "Six of one, half dozen of another." But then I realized it was said better long before me.
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what ajudgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the bmote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the cbeam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; cseek, and ye shall find; dknock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the elaw and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall aknow them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth devil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy bname have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a crock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that ahouse; and it bfell: and great was the fall of it.

28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were bastonished at his doctrine:

29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Have you read it in context now?

Quoted from myself from another thread. So you are saying that if they don't believe in the Bible their fruits are bad? Buddhism and Hinduism are two of the only religions that haven't caused mass death in the last few thousand years.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:33
    And now we have two atheists arguing. One chastising the other that his non-belief isn't strong enough.
    Two atheists? To whom are your referring?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:45
    [quote]1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what ajudgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the bmote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the cbeam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the m ...[text shortened]... m are two of the only religions that haven't caused mass death in the last few thousand years.
    What I was saying is that they do not believe in God, or a Creator. Their ultimate goal is Nirvana, which is not even akin to the idea of Godhead, as espoused by the Hindus, and in fact, they consider the belief in a Supreme God an impediment to attaining Nirvana.

Therefore I called him an atheist. (They are certainly non-deist. I would call this non-theist, as well, or atheist.) You claim he is not an atheist. I respond that I can only know him by his fruit, which is his unbelief. Which is bad, yes. For the unbeliever, I mean. Look up at Matthew 7:26-27 for what I mean by that.

Thanks for the context. I told you I used the passage totally in context. I hope you learned something from reading it again, although I find it hard to believe you read it again. Posting is too rarely reading.

Now, as for your comment about mass death at the hands of "Christians", just go read Matthew 7:21-23 again. It's amazing that one chapter can hold so many answers, isn't it?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Two atheists? To whom are your referring?
    Try to follow along, please, I'm not answering to more than one atheist at a time, k?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:48
    Try to follow along, please, I'm not answering to more than one atheist at a time, k?
    I am not an atheist.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You can just think of me as a "non-dualist", if you must label me.
    Well, then humor me, please.

Do you believe in God, or not?

And thank you for posting, allowing me to go to the source.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not an atheist.
    Many of your postings here belie that statement.

Agnostic then?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:51
    Many of your postings here belie that statement.

Agnostic then?
    Theist. Accusing me of being an atheist for having a different belief system is what Dasa does.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Theist. Accusing me of being an atheist for having a different belief system is what Dasa does.
    I've probalby asked you this before (sorry);

Theist: so who or what is your god?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 22:56
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Theist: so who or what is your god?
    It's not something I can express in religionist terms. Suffice to say, I am not an atheist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree