1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 03:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't care in the slightest if you are referring to me or not. I am more interested in the fatuousness of what you sometimes say, and that in your apparent efforts to be 'decent' and all-things-to-all-people that you run the risk of representing nothing and inadvertently strengthening the hand of indecency.
    I dont want to be all things to all people and I dont mind being seen as silly. As for my "decency" ,mine is the only demon I have to face. not god or you.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 03:50
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont want to be all things to all people and I dont mind being seen as silly. As for my "decency" ,mine is the only demon I have to face. not god or you.
    You are what you post, karoly. What your demons are is a matter for you.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are what you post, karoly. What your demons are is a matter for you.
    I am what I post to a degree. But it's not my fault if people cant get into the spirit of what I post at times, or fail to identify a smiley symbol, for example.
    Sometimes I am not quite certain about my own "facts",and will happily admit it, but I AM certain about my conviction to my beliefs , (which are subject to fine-tuning ,still), and my honesty to myself and others. No problems there.

"Facing your demons" , it's a figure of speech,real simple. Dont read too much into it.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:05
    Dasa has said mean things to me. I dont mind. Really.
    Page 2 and you still haven't addressed Dasa directly or confronted him about the content of his OP. Interesting.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Page 2 and you still haven't addressed Dasa directly or confronted him about the content of his OP. Interesting.
    Yes I have, in a post to you, admittedly, but it was addressing Dasa directly.

Hang on, I'll do it again, just for you, bub🙂
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:091 edit
    Hey Dasa, stop making silly posts. There may have been a point at thet start, but repeating yourself,introducing new topics or ignoring posters questions is not the way to go about it.
    Please dont labour points and move on. Simplify your posts and address the topics openly and honeslty. Please refrain from insulting other posters. Thank you.

Edit: is that good enough for now,FMF? It's just off the top of my head and I'm sure you may want me to include some other points there too, but lets meet eachother halfway,shall we?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:15
    is that good enough for now,FMF? It's just off the top of my head and I'm sure you may want me to include some other points there too, but lets meet eachother halfway,shall we?
    No. I admire nothing whatsoever about you. I wouldn't want to meet you half way. I wouldn't want to move towards you in terms of mind map or demeanour or sense of humour or anything. It's revealing - about your approach to spirituality, perhaps - that you did not or could not confront Dasa directly about his OP and that it took someone else to point out the vacuousness of your 'fence sitting'.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:241 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I admire nothing whatsoever about you. I wouldn't want to meet you half way. I wouldn't want to move towards you in terms of mind map or demeanour or sense of humour or anything. It's revealing - about your approach to spirituality, perhaps - that you did not or could not confront Dasa directly about his OP and that it took someone else to point out the vacuousness of your 'fence sitting'.
    Give me a break man.
    You got to be kidding!

Did I say anyting about "admiring" me? I said 'is that good enough?' off the top of my head.
    Origonally I had called into question the silly comments made by both sides of the fence.
    You have turned that generalization into asking me to adress Dasa directly (which I had already done), but proceeded to do again anyway, and when I asked if it was good enough for now you said" No.I admire nothing about you whatsoever."

It is common practice in (my)spiritual circles to meet each other halfway when trying to discuss esoteric ideas.This leads to interesting discussions for both parties as both points of view get shared and it is not just one way traffic, hence I think meeting eachother halfway is a good thing. (There are some things that you shouldn't meet people halfway with ever, but I am not talking of these things).

Edit: you are a bully.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:32
    It is common practice in (my)spiritual circles to meet each other halfway when trying to discuss esoteric ideas.
    We are not discussing "esoteric ideas". I have many good friends here at RHP. You presumably feel you have friends too. It is a community after all. However, when faced by a Dasa OP that casts just about everyone here as 'silly, ignorant, insincere, false, dishonest and foolish' etc., your priority isn't to question the validity of the OP, or to confront its gratuitous nastiness, or to defend the diversity of beliefs in this community, or defend the spiritual people around you, no. Your priority is to try to draw attention to how you "see both sides of that fence"; your priority is to try to draw attention to yourself and how reasonable you think you are, whereas all you're doing is drawing a shockingly off colour 'equivalency' between grinding raw abuse by an interpersonally dysfunctional poster's thousands and thousands of 'tyrannical' posts and a few impish posts by a very occasional poster. You are what you post. No. These are not "esoteric ideas".
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:35
    Give me a break man.
    You got to be kidding!

Did I say anyting about "admiring" me? I said 'is that good enough?' off the top of my head.
    Origonally I had called into question the silly comments made by both sides of the fence.
    You have turned that generalization into asking me to adress Dasa directly (which I had already done), but proceeded to d ...[text shortened]... ple halfway with ever, but I am not talking of these things).

Edit: you are a bully.
    Why not write a post then - a response - to the OP that "meets [Dasa] halfway"? Why not read the OP again and write something that "meets it halfway" rather than preening yourself about how you "see both sides of the fence"?
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:39
    Vegetables are what FOOD eats! AWAAAAWAAAWAAA!
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    We are not discussing "esoteric ideas". I have many good friends here at RHP. You presumably feel you have friends too. It is a community after all. However, when faced by a Dasa OP that casts just about everyone here as 'silly, ignorant, insincere, false, dishonest and foolish' etc., your priority isn't to question the validity of the OP, or to confront its gra ...[text shortened]... ery occasional poster. You are what you post. No. These are not "esoteric ideas".
    Perhaps "esoteric ideas" was the wrong term. Meeting eachother halfway is useful in many circles.

Whether I have friends or not isnot an issue

No , my priority isn't what you think it should be! Why try to bully me into thinking your way on the subject. Why not answer my question? This is not the first time you have failed to answer me , or just give me a wishy washy, indirect answer.
    I believe I answer all your questions.

You may think I am what I post, but do you think that all readers interpret my posts the same as you? No , they dont. So it is not even clear what it is I am trying to say to everyone ,(hence my failed attempt at a pm to you trying to clarify a dispute between just us) , so I really dont see how you are trying to paint me here, but I think you are counting too much on popular opinion to back up your constant nagging of my posting style rather than just using your own knowledge to refute me.

Your constant reference to being in a community has no bearing on me.( other than to know the terms of posting properly (more or less) ).
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why not write a post then - a response - to the OP that "meets [Dasa] halfway"? Why not read the OP again and write something that "meets it halfway" rather than preening yourself about how you "see both sides of the fence"?
    I have already made a post after your suggestion. What have you done for me? Asnwered one measily question directly? No. So why should I be bullied into doing anything else for you?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 04:57
    I have already made a post after your suggestion. What have you done for me? Asnwered one measily question directly? No. So why should I be bullied into doing anything else for you?
    Why not post a response to Dasa's OP that "meets him halfway"? I am curious to see what you think is "halfway" between normal diverse common decency on one hand and his OP. Why not show us what you mean?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 05:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why not post a response to Dasa's OP that "meets him halfway"? I am curious to see what you think is "halfway" between normal diverse common decency on one hand and his OP. Why not show us what you mean?
    In the words of Green Paladin, GFY , FMF.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree