San Francisco? Or uptown Manhattan?
    REVELATION 21:5-8 22:15
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:03
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    The WORD that I am speaking about is THE WORD OF GOD.
    Yes there is someone speaking to me. THE WORD OF GOD is speaking through me. JESUS CHRIST my SAVIORis speaking to me. THE HOLY SPIRIT is speaking through me.
    I do not know how to paste but when I do learn I will paste exactly what THE WORD OF GOD says.
    Romans 2:24-29
    ACTS 10:34,35
    MATTHEW 3:7-9
    Try learning how to read em first.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:03
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    You can read the following two documents:

The encyclical "Veritatis Splendor" ["The Splendor of the Truth"]
    http://www.vatican.va/edocs/ENG0222/_INDEX.HTM

and:

"Dominus Iesus"
    http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20000806_dominus-iesus_en.html
    Although it doesn't exactly answer the question we are discussing in this thread, http://www.vatican.va/edocs/ENG0222/__P3.HTM is a pretty elegant statement of the Catholic faith using has its starting point the story of the rich man who asks Jesus what he must do to enter eternal life. I'll say this; comparing these Catholic writings to the cut and paste jobs from the Fundamentalist websites is like looking at a Van Gogh compared to my three year old grandson's coloring books.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:07
    REVELATION 21:5-8 22:15
    The Holy Spirit should inform you what a joke is.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:10
    The WORD that I am speaking about is THE WORD OF GOD.
    Yes there is someone speaking to me. THE WORD OF GOD is speaking through me. JESUS CHRIST my SAVIORis speaking to me. THE HOLY SPIRIT is speaking through me.
    I do not know how to paste but when I do learn I will paste exactly what THE WORD OF GOD says.
    Romans 2:24-29
    ACTS 10:34,35
    MATTHEW 3:7-9
    Matthew 3:7-9 says this in its entirety:

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said unto them, Ye offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruit worthy of repentance:

9 and think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

What does this passage have ANYTHING to do with either A) There's a two-tiered approach on Judgment Day to resolving the question of who gets saved and who doesn't AND/OR B) Your claims that the HOLY SPIRIT speaks through YOU personally?

6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Jesus commanded Peter not to tell anybody that in Luke 9:21; how come you think that you can go around saying things that St. Peter wasn't allowed to?
    MATTHEW 17:9-13
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:13
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Try learning how to read em first.
    That would be a wise thing to do. Reading THE WORD OF GOD,will show you there is forgiveness to all men, for all sins.
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:15
    Matthew 3:7-9 says this in its entirety:

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said unto them, Ye offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruit worthy of repentance:

9 and think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our f ...[text shortened]... d and who doesn't AND/OR B) Your claims that the HOLY SPIRIT speaks through YOU personally?

It's up to you to accept or reject THE WORD OF GOD.
  9. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:16
    The Holy Spirit should inform you what a joke is.
    I hope you do not find out that THE WORD OF GOD is a joke
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:221 edit
    I hope you do not find out that THE WORD OF GOD is a joke
    Actually I was referring to my "San Francisco? Or uptown Manhattan?" crack which seems to have flown above you and your Holy Spirit's head. And is there some reason why you always capitalize the entire phrase "Word of God"? We get that you think it's pretty important but isn't it overkill to capitalize the whole thing? Is your version of the Bible written completely in capital letters?
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:261 edit
    That would be a wise thing to do. Reading THE WORD OF GOD,will show you there is forgiveness to all men, for all sins.
    You just posted a reference to Christ saying the exact opposite of what you just said

actually it wasnt ,,,just about something totally different than what you set out to say
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 20:39
    MATTHEW 17:9-13
    Again you should read these passages, not merely cite them willy-nilly.

Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen from the dead.

The vision is referring to the specific vision with Elijah and Moses which was just described, not the "Christ Of God" comment of Peter's which would hardly rate as a vision.
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 21:26
    Actually I was referring to my "San Francisco? Or uptown Manhattan?" crack which seems to have flown above you and your Holy Spirit's head. And is there some reason why you always capitalize the entire phrase "Word of God"? We get that you think it's pretty important but isn't it overkill to capitalize the whole thing? Is your version of the Bible written completely in capital letters?
    There is nothing over THE HOLY SPIRIT'S head but more HOLY SPIRIT. If you are or ever get saved. You know or will know that you can not kill or over kill THE WORD OF GOD. If you are, or ever get saved. You will find out that in any way you can, you will Praise, Glorify, and Worship in any and all ways THE LORD GOD that you can. If you are not Saved you cannot understand the goodness and the greatness, in Praising, Worshipping, Glorifyiing THE MOST HIGH GOD thruogh HIS SON JESUS CHRIST and through the Power of THE HOLY SPIRIT. With the full knowledge that GOD is real.
  14. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 21:28
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    You just posted a reference to Christ saying the exact opposite of what you just said

actually it wasnt ,,,just about something totally different than what you set out to say
    Whenever you say, then what you say, is what you said
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 21:28
    There is nothing over THE HOLY SPIRIT'S head but more HOLY SPIRIT. If you are or ever get saved. You know or will know that you can not kill or over kill THE WORD OF GOD. If you are, or ever get saved. You will find out that in any way you can, you will Praise, Glorify, and Worship in any and all ways THE LORD GOD that you can. If you are not Saved yo ...[text shortened]... JESUS CHRIST and through the Power of THE HOLY SPIRIT. With the full knowledge that GOD is real.
    Good post.🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree