1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 23:08
    Humans telling me about god, what a joke.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 23:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So who would you find acceptable to tell you about God?
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 23:36
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    God
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Nov '13 23:382 edits
    Kelly
    I thought I made that clear. If a god comes down and like moves an island or something with a wave of the hypothetical hand and makes me 50 years younger, that would get my attention. A human waving his or her hands at the sky telling me all about god, forget it. The simple truth is there is nobody on Earth that knows jack about real spirituality, for the simple reason, we don't exist anywhere else but inside our bodies. All that falderah about heavens and hell and being saved is one thing and one thing only:

Wishful thinking.

Sure, it helps those with weak minds go about their daily scary lives, made fearful by the very religion they rely upon to lift themselves up.

That is not a god talking, that is MEN making up boogie man stories to control people, pure and simple. "I am a jealous god', what a pile of crap. If that doesn't SCREAM human I don't know the meaning of Jealous.

Humans wishing about god is like Dolphins wishing they could make fire.
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 00:28
    A joke that many insist playing upon themselves. 🙄🙄
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 02:13
    I thought I made that clear. If a god comes down and like moves an island or something with a wave of the hypothetical hand and makes me 50 years younger, that would get my attention. A human waving his or her hands at the sky telling me all about god, forget it. The simple truth is there is nobody on Earth that knows jack about real spirituality, for the s ...[text shortened]... e meaning of Jealous.

Articulate, forceful....
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 02:57
    Amen to that!!!!!!
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 04:49
    I thought I made that clear. If a god comes down and like moves an island or something with a wave of the hypothetical hand and makes me 50 years younger, that would get my attention. A human waving his or her hands at the sky telling me all about god, forget it. The simple truth is there is nobody on Earth that knows jack about real spirituality, for the s ...[text shortened]... e meaning of Jealous.

Since you believe nobody knows anything about spirituality, why do you waste your time on the Spirituality Forum? Why don't you just go to some forum where you believe there is someone that knows something about something?

The Instructor
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 22:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Since you believe nobody knows anything about spirituality, why do you waste your time on the Spirituality Forum? Why don't you just go to some forum where you believe there is someone that knows something about something?

The Instructor
    Since you have no interest in science why do you troll the science forum?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 23:19
    If humans tell you about God you STILL have to have your own subjective and intimate experience with God. Humans telling you that they have had such an experience does in no way rob you of having your own personalized encounter with your heavenly Father.

Besides the vertical relationship with God should automatically result in a horizontal relationship in love with other humans, especially those of the household of faith.

No humans can meet God for you. Humans telling your the good news about the resurrected and available Jesus in no way deprives you of you very own, tailor made, intimate, one on one, specialized, individualized, custom designed encounter with the heavenly Father.

How do you not know that in your own joy you will want to tell others as well ?

Neither does it mean that you have to take everything the human messenger tells you. Like a geiger counter that clicks louder and louder as it gets closer to the uranium, so is something deep within you being. As you take items that a human tells you and you pray to God about them, the ones that are honing in on reality will begin to resonate more than other things.

It is better to take a humble attitude as Jesus taught His disciples right here:

In that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying, Who then is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens?

And He called a little child to Him and stood him in their midst and said, Truly I say you you. Unless you turn and become like little children, you shall by no means enter into the kingdom of the heavens.

He therefore who will humble himself like this little child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of the heavens. And whoever receives one such little child because of My name, receives Me ..." (Matthew 18:1-5)

Our attitude should be that we are so single in motive that even if God sent to us a little child, less educated and experienced than us, and told us about the good news of Jesus Christ, we would be pure enough to receive the good news.

Whoever is sent to us, our contact and touch is still with God Himself when we open our heart and receive Him.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 04:44
    Since you have no interest in science why do you troll the science forum?
    I point out things that some claim to be scientific facts, like billions of years and evilution, as being fiction and not science at all. I am for the truth regardless if it concerns science or philosophy or religion.

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 07:03

What is common to man is all you'll get. There are many that have found
    God did so with much less than your asking for, they will stand before you
    and God and condemn you.

I actually think you are not serious about finding God, if you were you'd
    seek him out and a honest search would find Him.
    Kelly
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 09:121 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    If humans tell you about God you STILL have to have your own subjective and intimate experience with God. Humans telling you that they have had such an experience does in no way rob you of having your own personalized encounter with your heavenly Father.

Besides the [b]vertical
    relationship with God should automatically result in a horizontal ...[text shortened]... t to us, our contact and touch is still with God Himself when we open our heart and receive Him.[/b]
    Bravo, this is exactly right.

But no, man in all his arrogance, insists that God come down here personally and 'prove' Himself. That is just lazy.

The fact is, God did come down here and proceeded to tell us the Good News Himself, person to person, showing us the way it should be, but arrogant man reacted by killing Him, just because 'proof' was not forthcoming.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 09:20
    What is common to man is all you'll get. There are many that have found
    God did so with much less than your asking for, they will stand before you
    and God and condemn you.

I actually think you are not serious about finding God, if you were you'd
    seek him out and a honest search would find Him.
    Kelly
    Exactly.

Although I'm not sure if he's not being serious about finding God, or just lazy.

Faith is hard work, sometimes.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 09:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I point out things that some claim to be scientific facts, like billions of years and evilution, as being fiction and not science at all. I am for the truth regardless if it concerns science or philosophy or religion.

The Instructor
    Then why do you continue to reject science?

Science is truth, when will your small brain figure that one out? Science doesn't have to be false so that God can be true!

Science is true and God is true. Why must both sides insist theirs is the only truth? Neither side has a monopoly on truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree