So in not reaching the Lord what?
    what?
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    04 May '07 15:10
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    I think what would have happened was that we would have descended into darkness with no hope of salvation....cut off from God so to speak....Jesus is the bridge between God and us...
    Where do you and Josephw think that Elijah, Enoch and Abraham resided after their time on earth?

Nemesio
  3. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 May '07 15:11
    ?
    yeah pretty much ! 🙄
  4. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 May '07 15:12
    "Jesus said"The only way to the father is through me" or words to that effect....so if you are nice but dont believe that Jesus died for our sins then there is no way for you to reach the Lord"
    So if I dont reach the lord, what happens?
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    04 May '07 15:13
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    yeah pretty much ! 🙄
    Maybe im dim....what did you mean....
  6. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    04 May '07 15:13
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Where do you and Josephw think that Elijah, Enoch and Abraham resided after their time on earth?

Nemesio
    You tell us....
  7. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 May '07 15:14
    Maybe im dim....what did you mean....
    I didnt follow it either
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 May '07 15:14
    ?
    ???
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 May '07 15:15
    I didnt follow it either
    Jesus didn't die for our sin...............
  10. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 May '07 15:18
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Jesus didn't die for our sin...............
    didnt really answer my question then did it!
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    04 May '07 15:33
    didnt really answer my question then did it!
    you said , you don't understand the sacrifice. And I tell there is not sacrifice to understand. So did I answer your uestion?
  12. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    04 May '07 16:06
    You tell us....
    You don't know? The Bible is pretty clear, and all of these people finished their earthly time before
    Jesus.

How do you reconcile this?

Nemesio
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 May '07 00:41
    ok, if I may, can I just ask about this nature of god, he is quite happy to forgive a murderer of children (just an example of the top of my head) and indeed sacrificed his son to give this person the chance to ask forgiveness for his sins. He then says ok I will not send you to "the lake of fire" (I guess that’s hell) because you have asked forgiveness ...[text shortened]... trong atheist gets to go to the lake of fire because he doesn’t believe or have faith in god??
    Think objectively for a minute. What's wrong with you? Do you have problems? Do you look for answers but can't find any? Do you get into arguments with people over misunderstandings? Does your back hurt when you get out of bed in the morning?

You get my drift. You're not perfect. We're all in the same boat together.

God is perfect. He has no problems. He has the solution to our problem. We call it sin. People hate that word. Admitting that we are a sinner is humiliating. But not for me, because I know that God has taken care of that problem.

God says the penalty for sin is death. People don't like to hear that either. It makes them uncomfortable. Christ paid the price for sins debt. For me it's a done deal. I'm saved. I now have eternal life by grace through faith. Am I perfect now? I'm not crazy. I'm far from perfect. But I'm alot better than I used to be.

Quit being confused about it. I just told you how it is. Believe it or not! 😉
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 May '07 01:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    Think objectively for a minute. What's wrong with you? Do you have problems? Do you look for answers but can't find any? Do you get into arguments with people over misunderstandings? Does your back hurt when you get out of bed in the morning?

God is perfect. He has no problems. ...[text shortened]... be.

But Jesus says that one must repent one's sins to enter heaven. How can it be 'a done deal' for you? By your own admission, you aren't yet free of sin.

Luke 13:3
    I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all perish in the same way.

Matthew 7:21-23
    Not everyone who says to me,'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will tell me in that day,'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?' Then I will tell them,'I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.'
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 May '07 01:20
    Originally posted by josephw

God is perfect. He has no problems. ...[text shortened]... be.

God says the penalty for sin is death.

Where did GOD say that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree