1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 09:38
    Originally posted by Starrman
    For starters, the first cause argument is baloney and Acquinas' version of the philosophy thereof begs so many questions he could have reduced it to 'God is first cause because he's god, he's god because he is the first cause'.

Secondly, why could they not fulfil all the requirements? The first cause argument can be diminished if we postulate a circu ...[text shortened]... illions of years ago, only to be born into that universe billions of years into our future.
    and where did the aliens come from?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 13:41
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I exist. The more i think about it, the more ridiculous it is. What is my purpose other than procreation and what is the point in that anyway?

Recently i have been finding this terrifying. As i think about my existence and how improbable it is, i imagine what it is not to exist also. I find this is having the effect that my consciousness splutters an ...[text shortened]... thing! Do other people feel the same way? Is this normal? It's driving me to distraction.
    Are you willing to trust God?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 14:54
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I exist. The more i think about it, the more ridiculous it is. What is my purpose other than procreation and what is the point in that anyway?

Recently i have been finding this terrifying. As i think about my existence and how improbable it is, i imagine what it is not to exist also. I find this is having the effect that my consciousness splutters an ...[text shortened]... thing! Do other people feel the same way? Is this normal? It's driving me to distraction.
    I know the feeling. Too much introspection can lead to terrible mental frustration.

I am a Christian. And since the days of those hurricane like introspections about the existence of my own mind, I have learned to stretch out comfortable and be thankful for eternity.

I look out at the endless universe and feel at home in the infinite because I know that God loves me. I am thankful that I cannot squeeze all the universe into my brain. I am thankful for the comfortableness of infinity. It feels right.

It feels comfortable to rest in the love of the Father in the infinity of time and space and the mystery of my being. The love of Christ makes the mystery comfortable, pleasant, sweet, hospitable, and just right.

The love of God makes the creation and my own being fully at rest.

The Apostle Paul wrote these words which touched me very much:

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor principalities nor things present nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creature will be able to seperate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38,39)

Don't let excessive introspection drive you crazy. Fall back in the trust of the love of the Savior Jesus Christ.

[b]
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 07:091 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I know the feeling. Too much introspection can lead to terrible mental frustration.

I am a Christian. And since the days of those hurricane like introspections about the existence of my own mind, I have learned to stretch out comfortable and be thankful for eternity.

I look out at the endless universe and feel at home in the infinite because I know t ion drive you crazy. Fall back in the trust of the love of the Savior Jesus Christ.

That's right. Stop thinking about it. Hypnotize yourself into feeling that Superdaddy loves you and will make it all better.

That is, unless you need to suffer horribly for some obscure reason. Then Superdaddy will make it all better...but you will pay for it.
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 09:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That's right. Stop thinking about it. Hypnotize yourself into feeling that Superdaddy loves you and will make it all better.

That is, unless you need to suffer horribly for some obscure reason. Then Superdaddy will make it all better...but you will pay for it.
    Hypnotize yourself into feeling that Superdaddy loves you THOUSAND

And when you do "hypnotise" yourself , as you put it , you end up experiencing a resilient , totally accepting , unbelievably intimate and compassionate love that fills you with energy and love for the world. Funny thing this "hypnotism" , when you get into it it's almost as if God really does love you. 😀
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 09:57
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Hypnotize yourself into feeling that Superdaddy loves you THOUSAND

And when you do "hypnotise" yourself , as you put it , you end up experiencing a resilient , totally accepting , unbelievably intimate and compassionate love that fills you with energy and love for the world. Funny thing this "hypnotism" , when you get into it it's almost as if God really does love you. 😀
    Must be quite pleasant.
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 10:11
    when you get into it ["hypnotism"] it's almost as if God really does love you.
    Well, it's better than taking drugs to achieve the same illusion, I suppose. 😕
  8. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 20:01
    Must be quite pleasant.
    It is its almost as if God is really there. This hallucination really feels as if you are valued and precious and unbelievably loved. So much so you end up having this wierd thing called faith and actually start believing it's real and that what you thought was real before was actually a clever illusion. Mind you it's just as often painful and challenging as it is pleasant. I would say pleasant would be the wrong word , I'd go for life changing as a better word.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 20:09
    Originally posted by stocken
    Well, it's better than taking drugs to achieve the same illusion, I suppose. 😕
    Oh it's much better than drugs (in my limited experience) . Drugs just leave you with a warm pleasant feeling that fades and doesn't satisfy. This illusion is far , far more convincing. My , it even feels sometimes like God is actually present with you in the form of the Holy Spirit! Those NT writers certainly knew their psychology!!! How could they have known that this "Jesus living in you" hallucination could last so long and sustain communities of believers? We must all be potty , of course! LOL
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 20:521 edit

There is no self hynotism involved in receiving Christ. No amount of self hynotism could cause Christ to fulfill the historical prophecies uttered about Him centries beforehand.

I didn't say I stopped thinking. I think my meditation upon the mysteries of the universe I would not trade for your thoughts for a moment. I see that you have nothing superior to Christ. And I haven't been terribly impressed with your musings on any of these matters.

So why should I give up the superior for the inferior? What do you offer that surpasses Jesus Christ? What do you offer that exceeds the Eternal Father?
  11. Joined
    17 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 21:08
    i promise that i felt the same way i never thought that anyone could actually discribe it so well. i use to debate religion so much it will make you head spin i thought that is was not posible to prove any group right or wrong. but to my final pleasure threw much research christianity is not only right but very provable and if you want i can go over it with you i will show you scientificly, secularly, and biblicaly why you can put full confidence in the bible in god and his son. and the wonderful promise god has in store for you.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 21:57
    It is its almost as if God is really there. This hallucination really feels as if you are valued and precious and unbelievably loved. So much so you end up having this wierd thing called faith and actually start believing it's real and that what you thought was real before was actually a clever illusion. Mind you it's just as often painful and chal ...[text shortened]... nt. I would say pleasant would be the wrong word , I'd go for life changing as a better word.
    Reminds me of the several schitzophrenics I've unfortunately been close to.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 23:58
    I asked you what do you have to offer that is superior to Jesus Christ?

I asked you what do you offer me that surpasses the Eternal Father?

What will your philosophy (whatever it is) offer man that surpasses eternal life and redemptive love through Jesus Christ the Lord?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 00:17
    Why do you describe your association with schitzophrenics as unfortunate? My son suffers from this plight and he is one of the kindest and gentlest persons I know.
    That's OK thousand, I'm not offended.
  15. Cosmos
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 05:36
    Originally posted by whodey
    These are very normal questions to ask and everyone who has the mental capacity has attempted to tackle these questions at some point in their lives.

From the Chrsitian perspective our bodies die because we sin. Sin is what seperates us from our Creator. Therefore, finding our way back first involves dealing with the sin in our lives. This is why Chri ...[text shortened]... uld are very existence not demand a purpose and does death seem not to be a natural outcome?
    "These are very normal questions to ask and everyone who has the mental capacity has attempted to tackle these questions at some point in their lives."

Therefore, you can never have asked them!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree