1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 15:51
    Originally posted by scherzo
    The cycle of "hate" will end when the Zionists [b]get off my land![/b]
    So if they're on your land, whose land are you on right now?
  2. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 15:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, yes it is a rather Londonish drink, to be consumed while watching a test match at Lords or something, your reference to raspberries reminded me of summertime. you must please forgive my ignorance, but what is 'Brose', for this is unkown to me. my own father built a still once from copper tubing, in which he distilled fortified wine, however th ...[text shortened]... inded of those two sweet old ladies in the Waltons who used to make the judges old 'recipe'!
    Brose is a traditional Scots drink which was made daily (until the advent of refrigerators) using ingredients readily available on the crofts - whisky, oatmeal, cream, sometimes honey, sometimes fruit.

see http://scottish-liqueur-centre.blogspot.com/2008/05/columba-cream.html
  3. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 15:55
    Originally posted by darvlay
    So if they're on your land, whose land are you on right now?
    It isn't his land and never was. He was born a Jordanian and that's what he is --

The Cherokee used to be in control of much of the American South from Kentucky to Georgia to Alabama.

They got beaten in war, swindled by Andrew Jackson and moved out to Oklahoma -- there's no going back, raw deal or no.

So until they "get over it," sit down and make a deal, they'll continue to live in the miserable conditions they've brought on themselves.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 15:571 edit
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    It isn't his land and never was. He was born a Jordanian and that's what he is --

The Cherokee used to be in control of much of the American South from Kentucky to Georgia to Alabama.

They got beaten in war, swindled by Andrew Jackson and moved out to Oklahoma -- there's no going back, raw deal or no.

So until they "get over it," sit down and make ...[text shortened]... deal, they'll continue to live in the miserable conditions they've brought on themselves.
    The most of the Israelis at the year of 1948 wasn't born in the land they call Israel either.
    Israel is an invention, nothing more. Israel hasn't been there for centuries, even millennias.
    But people have lived there. Why are they told to move?
  5. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 16:08
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Scherzo is right here.
    One people is occupying another people's land.
    The easy way to stop the hatred is to stop the occupation.
    Palestinians cannot do this. Israelis can.
    You are incorrect. You forget that the Israelis, young people for the most part, now hate the Arabs with a passion equal to or greater than the hate of the Arabs for the Jews.

Nice job all around.

The status of the land in question will be resolved only when both sides sit down and negotiate a deal. Now, neither side wants to do that.

So long as both sides fail to bargain in good faith because they'd rather the situation remain as it is, then so shall it be.

Fascinating to see how the Arab side has managed to create an entire new generation of young Israelis whose hatred of the Arabs is as virulent and unmanageable as is the Arab hatred of the Jews.

As for you Swedes -- you don't have a dog in this fight, so why not butt out. All your foolish posturing makes things worse, not better.

You've got closer neighbors with serious problems you could be spending your time and lip service on.

There is no going back -- deal with things as they are and make the best of it.

One side has overwhelmingly superior force of arms. Things can only get significantly worse.

Makes no sense at all to call on the superior force to surrender to those who cannot enforce their will by military means -- doesn't happen, won't happen. Not how humans ever do things.

So all this posturing by psychopaths and Scandinavian hypocrites is ludicrous and actually shameful for all the harm it does to Arab people who are too poor and uneducated to know better.

There is no easy way out of this.
  6. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 16:12
    The most of the Israelis at the year of 1948 wasn't born in the land they call Israel either.
    Israel is an invention, nothing more. Israel hasn't been there for centuries, even millennias.
    But people have lived there. Why are they told to move?
    Pure idiocy. Don't know which planet you are from, but on this one, land has been conquered for tens of thousands of years.

It is the way it is done -- if you cannot hold your land by force of law, then you hold it by force of arms.

In Israel's case, they've got both.

Your arguments and opinions have no force, effect or even much relevance.

In fact, you do actual harm by failing to suggest a proper compromise.

What kind of idiot talks about a nuclear power simply abdicating its nationhood, decamping, or submitting to the tender mercies of the implacable enemies the people of that nuclear power hate as much as they are hated?

Let me know when you want to make sense -- you are making no sense at all now.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 16:20
    Scherzo is right here.
    One people is occupying another people's land.
    The easy way to stop the hatred is to stop the occupation.
    Palestinians cannot do this. Israelis can.
    Palestinians can and will stop the Israeli invasion, because the Israelis sure as hell won't.
  8. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 16:21

So until they "get over it," sit down and make ...[text shortened]... deal, they'll continue to live in the miserable conditions they've brought on themselves.
    I was born in Jordan as a Palestinian refugee, I identify as Palestinian, I don't care which white imperialist says otherwise. Even if he is in the US government.
  9. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 16:25
    I was born in Jordan as a Palestinian refugee, I identify as Palestinian, I don't care which white imperialist says otherwise. Even if he is in the US government.
    psychopath --

worse: fool
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 16:28
    I suppose everyone needs a hobby.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 17:26
    The cycle of "hate" will end when the Zionists [b]get off my land![/b]
    correct me if i am wrong, what happens in Israel is this, the Israelis come in and under the illusion that God has given them this land, set up illegal settlements, which naturally the Palestinians resent, for they have lived there for thousands of years. the Israeli government also recognize that this is illegal but cannot always prevent it, so what happens, the illegal settlers get targeted, cry to the government for help, the army is called in to protect them and the violence escalates. is this not the case, for i heard it from a friend who spent some time doing construction in Israel, because it was a Christian building, some people threw stones at them during construction!
  12. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 18:12
    psychopath --

worse: fool
    Thank you for your completely spontaneous hatred of my identity.
  13. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 18:22
    correct me if i am wrong, what happens in Israel is this, the Israelis come in and under the illusion that God has given them this land, set up illegal settlements, which naturally the Palestinians resent, for they have lived there for thousands of years. the Israeli government also recognize that this is illegal but cannot always prevent it, so wha ...[text shortened]... rael, because it was a Christian building, some people threw stones at them during construction!
    correct me if i am wrong, what happens in Israel is this, the Israelis come in and under the illusion that God has given them this land ...

yes ...

... set up illegal settlements, which naturally the Palestinians resent, for they have lived there for thousands of years.

You skipped the whole situation between the 1880s and 1968 (when the first settlement was established).

the Israeli government also recognize that this is illegal but cannot always prevent it

Wrong. The Israeli government funds the settlements. The government helps in their construction.

the illegal settlers get targeted, cry to the government for help, the army is called in to protect them and the violence escalates.

From here it's partially true. Settlements are just one part of it though.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 19:02
    [b]correct me if i am wrong, what happens in Israel is this, the Israelis come in and under the illusion that God has given them this land ...

yes ...

... set up illegal settlements, which naturally the Palestinians resent, for they have lived there for thousands of years.

You skipped the whole situation between the 1880s and 1968 (when t ...[text shortened]... e escalates. [/b]

From here it's partially true. Settlements are just one part of it though.[/b]
    and the other part?
  15. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Mar '09 20:39
    and the other part?
    The torture, the prisons, the siege, the house demolitions, the misuse of weapons, the apartheid, the corrupt government, hell the entire army, the complete disregard for international law, the massacres, and the fact that we still don't have a state yet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree