I Shall Remember

I Shall Remember

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 09

Originally posted by scherzo
The torture, the prisons, the siege, the house demolitions, the misuse of weapons, the apartheid, the corrupt government, hell the entire army, the complete disregard for international law, the massacres, and the fact that we still don't have a state yet.
Wait a tic. The "misuse of weapons?" Exactly how should those employing weapons in response to the non-stop attacks on their citizenry use the same? Cook, perhaps?

The Palestinian does have a state. It's called The Countries Which Make up the Arab World. Pick any one of them: I'm told there's plenty of room.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
31 Mar 09

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Wait a tic. The "misuse of weapons?" Exactly how should those employing weapons in response to the non-stop attacks on their citizenry use the same? Cook, perhaps?

The Palestinian does have a state. It's called The Countries Which Make up the Arab World. Pick any one of them: I'm told there's plenty of room.
Actually, he cannot pick any of them. None of them are his save one: Jordan.

But since he isn't of the tribe of the ruling monarch there, it doesn't count.

The original Palestine Mandate included Jordan -- then that relatively vast area was reserved for the Arabs.

The territory to the West was further divided up into Arab and Jewish areas under the UN partition plan.

but the Arabs refused to go along with any sort of division and invaded to drive the Jews into the sea.

Not that this was a surprise -- the Jews in that part of the world had prepared for years for that moment, knowing what the Arabs would do.

Now, our psychopathic schizoid, err, scherzo, would have you believe he has been denied his home -- but he was born in Jordan.

that was land given to him and his. So, in fact, he is Jordanian.

but he has a strong case of economic envy and wants what others have built and made into a greater success than he and his folks have apparently been able to do, notwithstanding the billions of dollars of aid over the years. Somehow all that money seems to wind up in Swiss banks ...

No, the weapons haven't been misused -- I'm afraid they will be used even more widely and with much more effect should there arise any further provocations. If folks don't like the fact that Netanyahu and Lieberman are in power, the Arabs have only themselves to blame for it.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
31 Mar 09

Thank you for your completely spontaneous hatred of my identity.
you are schizophrenic and a psychopathological liar. You are a Jordanian by birth and a Jordanian you remain.

If I pick my identity as a citizen of Krypton, like my President, that doesn't make it so.

I don't "hate" your identity: I recognize it as a delusion and you as a public nuisance.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
31 Mar 09

White phosphorus, rubber bullets, tear gas, and bulldozers.

Palestinians have no state. Why do you think there would be conflict if they did? Is there an internationally recognized State of Palestine yet?

s

At the Revolution

Moves
31 Mar 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
you are schizophrenic and a psychopathological liar. You are a Jordanian by birth and a Jordanian you remain.

If I pick my identity as a citizen of Krypton, like my President, that doesn't make it so.

I don't "hate" your identity: I recognize it as a delusion and you as a public nuisance.
I was born a PALESTINIAN REFUGEE IN JORDAN.

Can I make that clearer?

PALESTINIAN REFUGEE IN JORDAN

s

At the Revolution

Moves
31 Mar 09

Actually, he cannot pick any of them. None of them are his save one: Jordan.

But since he isn't of the tribe of the ruling monarch there, it doesn't count.

The original Palestine Mandate included Jordan -- then that relatively vast area was reserved for the Arabs.

The territory to the West was further divided up into Arab and Jewish areas under t ...[text shortened]... that Netanyahu and Lieberman are in power, the Arabs have only themselves to blame for it.
If you're born in America, does that make you Native American?

According to the nativists, it did. But I hope that you are not nativist.

That said, over a third of Jordan's population is Palestinian. I was one of them.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
01 Apr 09
1 edit

I was born a PALESTINIAN REFUGEE IN JORDAN.

Can I make that clearer?

[b]PALESTINIAN REFUGEE IN JORDAN
[/b]
it is perfectly clear that you were born in Jordan.

You are a Jordanian -- a large proportion of the population of Jordan is "Palestinian."

You are not a refugee, you are a Jordanian nutcase and I'm not going to waste any more time here while you spread your insane drivel all over the boards.

It was entertaining for awhile, but now that it is CLEAR that you are a paranoid schizophrenic suffering from psychopathological problems, it would be unseemly to toy with you further.

You should get professional mental health care.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Apr 09

I am amazed that someone can say that while simultaneously claim to hold Christian values. But then maybe my parents idea of Christian values were quite different from yours.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
01 Apr 09

it is perfectly clear that you were born in Jordan.

You are a Jordanian -- a large proportion of the population of Jordan is "Palestinian."

You are not a refugee, you are a Jordanian nutcase and I'm not going to waste any more time here while you spread your insane drivel all over the boards.

It was entertaining for awhile, but now that it is CLEA ...[text shortened]... would be unseemly to toy with you further.

You should get professional mental health care.
My parents were displaced by the 1967 war. They had lived in the West Bank (Palestinian territory occupied by the Jordanian royalty, but Palestine nonetheless), but were forced to near as-Salt. They identify as Palestinian. I am their child, and I am no more Jordanian than they. The white residents of South Africa cannot identify as "African." They're not. They are British, Dutch, and German, or maybe a combination thereof. But they are not "African" in the same sense that Nelson Mandela is African.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
I am amazed that someone can say that while simultaneously claim to hold Christian values. But then maybe my parents idea of Christian values were quite different from yours.
Perhaps you can point out what so-called Christian value is in conflict with my refusal to swallow the propoganda that is occuring in, around and about the Middle East.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
01 Apr 09

The white residents of South Africa cannot identify as "African." They're not. They are British, Dutch, and German, or maybe a combination thereof. But they are not "African" in the same sense that Nelson Mandela is African.
Oh yes they can.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Apr 09

Perhaps you can point out what so-called Christian value is in conflict with my refusal to swallow the propoganda that is occuring in, around and about the Middle East.
I was not responding to your refusal to swallow propaganda, I was responding to your rudeness in telling someone to go to another country that has nothing to do with him other than possibly a shared religion and some heritage such as culture and race.
I am not sure what country you come from but I will assume you are of European descent. If you were discussing a conflict in your country and I told you to just shut up and get lost to some east European nation because thats where all you whities come from, would I be displaying Christian values?

Cape Town

Moves
01 Apr 09

The white residents of South Africa cannot identify as "African." They're not. They are British, Dutch, and German, or maybe a combination thereof. But they are not "African" in the same sense that Nelson Mandela is African.
I am Zambian. My skin is white and my parents were born in the UK, but they have lived in Zambia for as long as Zambia has existed and I was born there. We are as Zambian as any other Zambian. All of us require visas to travel to the UK. The labels you have used are used more as cultural or racial terms rather than national or continental identities. I would not object to being called 'European' instead of 'African', but I am not from Europe nor do I have rights in Europe nor can anyone in Africa claim to have more right to be in Africa than I do.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Apr 09

My parents were displaced by the 1967 war. They had lived in the West Bank (Palestinian territory occupied by the Jordanian royalty, but Palestine nonetheless), but were forced to near as-Salt. They identify as Palestinian. I am their child, and I am no more Jordanian than they.
But are you willing to go back a few more generations and trace where they came from? How long back? Where do you draw the line?
Several of the tribes of Zambia arrived in Zambia because they were chased out of South Africa by Shaka. This happened after Europeans had colonized the cape. So the white skinned decedents of those early settlers are more South African than the decedents of the tribes I mentioned are Zambian. But how many generations does it take?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
01 Apr 09

My parents were displaced by the 1967 war. They had lived in the West Bank (Palestinian territory occupied by the Jordanian royalty, but Palestine nonetheless), but were forced to near as-Salt. They identify as Palestinian. I am their child, and I am no more Jordanian than they. The white residents of South Africa cannot identify as "African." They're not. T ...[text shortened]... ation thereof. But they are not "African" in the same sense that Nelson Mandela is African.
A racist mental case as well -- keep talking, you should know, to be fair, that the usual rule for sane people is once they find themselves in a hole they should first stop digging.

Not you, though, my goodness, no, not you.