1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 13:48
    Originally posted by duecer
    what part of the word "catholic" are you not understanding? the word means universal, and applies to all who call themselves christian
    Err, dude, just because you call something universal doesn't mean it actually is.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 22:45
    what part of the word "catholic" are you not understanding? the word means universal, and applies to all who call themselves christian
    Are you a Christian? Do you Believe in The Eucharist? If you can find ANY other Christians that Believe in It other than Catholics, I'll Believe you.
  3. weedhopper
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 01:28
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Are you a Christian? Do you Believe in The Eucharist? If you can find ANY other Christians that Believe in It other than Catholics, I'll Believe you.
    Lutherans believe very strongly in the Eucharist. I got in a world of "trrouble" when I mentioned my belief that the communion items were "symbols".
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 13:16
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Lutherans believe very strongly in the Eucharist. I got in a world of "trrouble" when I mentioned my belief that the communion items were "symbols".
    By who?
  5. Wisconsin
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 00:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What advice can the panel give please?
    Here is a good web site that will help you understand about spirituality and religion. http://www.prayerchaininternational.org. They have a very good section about what is spirituality.
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 17:11
    Originally posted by daniel58
    By who?
    by the Lutherans. they look at the elements of Communion similarly to Catholics--they aren't symbols but supernatural entities--actual blood/body of christ.
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 17:53
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    by the Lutherans. they look at the elements of Communion similarly to Catholics--they aren't symbols but supernatural entities--actual blood/body of christ.
    that means they are cannibals
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 17:531 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Err, dude, just because you call something universal doesn't mean it actually is.
    in this case it does. The meaning of Catholic in reference to Christianity was/is meant to mean universal. It is entirely something else to say that one is Roman Catholic
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    08 Sep '09 23:58
    that means they are cannibals
    The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. "The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him." He was speaking in spiritual terms. If we do not partake of Jesus spiritually and believe in him, you will not have everlasting life. Of course this means that it is a spiritual union, although it is still His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity, He told us to do it not as some people grossly think in a cannibalistic fashion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree