1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 13:55
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    How do you think that you can be born of the Spirit if you do not have faith in the salvation of Christ and have not faith in the working of the Holy Spirit?
    Why do you put limits on the illimitable?
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 13:55
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    So,

25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we
    thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came untothee? 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto ...[text shortened]...
    heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the
    heart his mouth speaketh.
    I completely agree with you. I was just quoting/mentioning another angle where/how Christ says one receives eternal life. I'm not saying the one is more important than the other. I think it's a combination of the two.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:02
    Originally posted by Halitose
    I completely agree with you. I was just quoting/mentioning another angle where/how Christ says one receives eternal life. I'm not saying the one is more important than the other. I think it's a combination of the two.
    I don't really think we are in complete agreement, faith isn't the key to the Kingdom , being worthy of entry is.
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:11
    I don't really think we are in complete agreement, faith isn't the key to the Kingdom , being worthy of entry is.
    I think, with the verses I quoted, that being worthy of entry includes an element of faith.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:17
    Remember Frogstomp, the Bible does not only consist of Matthew 25. Try to look at things from more than one angle.
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:23
    I think, with the verses I quoted, that [b]being worthy of entry includes an element of faith.[/b]
    Think for a second, what do you think that says about God?
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:32
    Remember Frogstomp, the Bible does not only consist of Matthew 25. Try to look at things from more than one angle.
    strain at gnats and swallow camels as you will dj, the word is still the word and it's clear you can't hear it.lIf you could you wouldn't be looking for angles.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:33
    Matthew 8:26 - And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:33
    strain at gnats and swallow camels as you will dj, the word is still the word and it's clear you can't hear it.lIf you could you wouldn't be looking for angles.
    Matthew 6:30 - Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:35
    That He is merciful enough to accept somebody who believes in Him?

Deeds are still part of the equation here...
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:38
    reply to both of you

when are you going to realize the "faith" he talked about isn't faith as you perceive it. I really have said enough , go back and put His words in the context He meant.
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:41
    That He is merciful enough to accept somebody who believes in Him?

Deeds are still part of the equation here...
    think again and this time include somebody that doesnt believe in him.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:421 edit
    reply to both of you

when are you going to realize the "faith" he talked about isn't faith as you perceive it. I really have said enough , go back and put His words in the context He meant.
    Mark 5:36 - As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

So what do you think Christ meant with these words? C'mon Froggy, cough it up...

How do you believe without faith?
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:47
    reply to both of you

How sure are you I'm percieving faith in the same way as dj2?
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 14:50
    Mark 5:36 - As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

So what do you think Christ meant with these words? C'mon Froggy, cough it up...

How do you believe without faith?
    Look at the times Christ uses the word "faith" and what he's talking about.
    and in some cases He's talking to people that clearly "believe" in the sense you mean it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree