1. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    23414
    02 Sep '05 19:48
    I was always taught that when you died God would forgive you all your sins, regardless of what they were. Is this correct? Because if so, all the burglers, rapists, robbers, thugs in general are all going to be allowed to sit on Gods knee and be given forgiveness.

    Sounds a bit fishy to me........
  2. Joined
    04 Nov '03
    Moves
    6803
    02 Sep '05 19:56
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    I was always taught that when you died God would forgive you all your sins, regardless of what they were. Is this correct? Because if so, all the burglers, rapists, robbers, thugs in general are all going to be allowed to sit on Gods knee and be given forgiveness.

    Sounds a bit fishy to me........
    Which god are you talking about?
  3. Earth Prime
    Joined
    16 Mar '05
    Moves
    21936
    02 Sep '05 20:10
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    I was always taught that when you died God would forgive you all your sins, regardless of what they were. Is this correct? Because if so, all the burglers, rapists, robbers, thugs in general are all going to be allowed to sit on Gods knee and be given forgiveness.

    Sounds a bit fishy to me........
    Not automatically, no. We are all sinners. Nobody deserves to be in the presense of the Lord. That is why he sent his free gift of his son, and can offer us grace by accepting the gift. In God's eyes, you are no better than the sinners you mentioned in your post.

    God does say that the works we do on earth can be counted toward crowns in heaven, but actually getting there in the first place is an act of accepting the gift.

    *starts stopwatch to see how long it takes Darv to get in here and flame*
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    02 Sep '05 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Not automatically, no. We are all sinners. Nobody deserves to be in the presense of the Lord. That is why he sent his free gift of his son, and can offer us grace by accepting the gift. In God's eyes, you are no better than the sinners you mentioned in your post.

    God does say that the works we do on earth can be counted toward crowns in heaven, but actua ...[text shortened]... accepting the gift.

    *starts stopwatch to see how long it takes Darv to get in here and flame*
    And what happens to those who are never offered that gift?
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Joined
    14 Jul '05
    Moves
    4464
    02 Sep '05 20:15
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Not automatically, no. We are all sinners. Nobody deserves to be in the presense of the Lord. That is why he sent his free gift of his son, and can offer us grace by accepting the gift. In God's eyes, you are no better than the sinners you mentioned in your post.

    God does say that the works we do on earth can be counted toward crowns in heaven, but actua ...[text shortened]... accepting the gift.

    *starts stopwatch to see how long it takes Darv to get in here and flame*
    *starts stopwatch to see how long it takes Darv to get in here and flame*

    2 minutes! That must be a new record! πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    02 Sep '05 20:17
    Originally posted by Halitose


    2 minutes! That must be a new record!
    I do believe brother Coconut has the prophetic gift.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    02 Sep '05 20:182 edits
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]*starts stopwatch to see how long it takes Darv to get in here and flame*

    2 minutes! That must be a new record! πŸ˜›πŸ˜›[/b]
    I asked a question, I didn't flame.

    This is a flame: I understand you're stupid enough to let a dead man who proclaimed to be the son of God run your life but are you so stupid that you can't tell the difference between a flame and a simple question?

    Do you see the difference now?

    EDIT - You can stop your watch now.
  8. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    13395
    02 Sep '05 20:22
    Originally posted by kingdanwa
    Which god are you talking about?
    And which heaven ?
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Joined
    14 Jul '05
    Moves
    4464
    02 Sep '05 20:25
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I asked a question, I didn't flame.

    This is a flame: I understand you're stupid enough to let a dead man who proclaimed to be the son of God run your life but are you so stupid that you can't tell the difference between a flame and a simple question?

    Do you see the difference now?

    EDIT - You can stop your watch now.
    Sorry. All meant in good fun.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    02 Sep '05 20:27
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Sorry. All meant in good fun.
    This is the Spirituality forum. No fun allowed! πŸ˜‰
  11. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    23414
    02 Sep '05 20:29
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Not automatically, no. We are all sinners. Nobody deserves to be in the presense of the Lord. That is why he sent his free gift of his son, and can offer us grace by accepting the gift. In God's eyes, you are no better than the sinners you mentioned in your post.

    God does say that the works we do on earth can be counted toward crowns in heaven, but actua ...[text shortened]... accepting the gift.

    *starts stopwatch to see how long it takes Darv to get in here and flame*
    But at the end of the day he IS going to forgive us all so sending his free gift down was a bit like locking a child in a sweet shop for a month and telling him he must'nt eat any sweets!


    And I don't recall getting a free gift inside my corn flakes packet. Tut. Going to have to write to them again. Or do I write to HIM upstairs.


    ps Anyone got his address?
  12. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Joined
    14 Jul '05
    Moves
    4464
    02 Sep '05 20:31
    Originally posted by darvlay
    This is the Spirituality forum. No fun allowed! πŸ˜‰
    I'm sure I won't be excommunicated after reciting 10 hail-Spasky's. πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
  13. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Joined
    14 Jul '05
    Moves
    4464
    02 Sep '05 20:33
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    But at the end of the day he IS going to forgive us all so sending his free gift down was a bit like locking a child in a sweet shop for a month and telling him he must'nt eat any sweets!


    And I don't recall getting a free gift inside my corn flakes packet. Tut. Going to have to write to them again. Or do I write to HIM upstairs.


    ps Anyone got his address?
    The technicallity here is that one has to accept the free gift for it to be valid.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    3061
    02 Sep '05 20:392 edits
    Originally posted by Halitose
    The technicallity here is that one has to accept the free gift for it to be valid.
    another larger technicality is that it is no free gift at all. a free gift can be declined without facing eternal torture.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    02 Sep '05 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    The technicallity here is that one has to accept the free gift for it to be valid.
    I don't understand why all you Christians think that every person on this Earth somehow has access to this "gift". And it frustrates me further when you claim a "just" God would cast these unlucky souls into hell for rejecting an offer which they may have never received or would not consider accepting at a passing glance.

    If a devout Buddhist came to you and told you that you could receive a gift which would grant you complete spiritual enlightenment, would you readily accept it?
Back to Top