If anyone is contemplating suicide.

If anyone is contemplating suicide.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Nov 18

@thinkofone said
You are not that important, so A you don’t get to tell me what I am
"supposed” to write about...

I've only been trying to get you to actually respond to what we've been discussing.

Yet clearly you believe that you're so "important" that YOU get to tell me what I am "supposed" to write by hounding me to answer all questions asked by trolls, all questions that ...[text shortened]... the most dishonest posters on this forum and that's saying a lot.

You're a real piece of work KJ.
What "we" have been discussing, I think not.
What you have been demanding.
For someone who doesn't think this place has trolls you use that word a lot.
Being asked where you stand about Jesus Christ is not an attack.

The rest is just more of you acting as you normally do, belittle and insult.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Nov 18

@thinkofone said
What I am suppose to be addressing...

I've already twice repeated what you're supposed to be addressing. In my previous post I even went so far as to put it in context for you.

Do you need me to walk you through it line by line? Word by word?
And you have been asked multiple times by multiple posters if you believe Jesus was sent by God.

Instead of simply answering this question you chose instead to call it 'a red herring,' which in itself speaks volumes about your actual relationship with Christianity.

For a Christian, the question of Jesus being sent by God is not a red herring, it's an opportunity to answer positively about the most important facet of their faith. (Which clearly you lack).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Nov 18
1 edit

@thinkofone said
Your post seemed to be just another in the long line of your accusing me of "accusing Christians" when you seemed to be doing the same.

So I was trying to understand exactly what your position is regarding them.

With John 10:26-28 in mind:
1) Do you agree that the Holy Spirit does not dwell in them at all since they do not hear and follow the voice of Jesus?
2) Do ...[text shortened]... answer the questions and clear that up first?

Then I'll address your ill-considered accusations.
First of all, my accusations are not "ill-considered". Your remarkable ego demands that you act as if you are the only one in this forum with a brain, but I assure you that this is not the case.

Yes, you accuse Christians. Yes, recently I have been accusing Christians. There is, however, a crucial difference. (hahhhh, see what I did there? Bah, nevermind...)

The difference is this. I accuse Christians when I see them spouting hypocrisy. They say they love God and love their fellow man, and yet they vote Republican, or they support officials who say that we need more laws clamping down on the homeless population, or laws treating gays or transgenders as sub-human, or they claim that women are not to be trusted with sovereignty over their own bodies. They think they know Jesus, and yet they support those who would treat their fellow humans as trash to be swept away, or they have no mercy towards people who are only trying to provide a better life for their children. Or they treat people badly because they are poor, telling a panhandler to "Get a job", or stepping over the homeless on the street instead of offering them a hand to help them up out of the gutter. These people are supposed to be Christian; one who should aspire to be like the Christ. As in Matthew 25, when they spit on these poor downtrodden, they spit on Jesus. They make a mockery of what it actually means to be Christian. I do what I do because I AM a Christian. I love God, and I try to love my neighbor as I love myself, and I usually succeed, unless I am met with someone claiming to be like Jesus and yet they spit on Jesus; it's very hard to love these types of Christians. My accusations have been towards people who know better, and yet still cannot be bothered to do what they know is right.

You, on the other hand, are not a Christian. In fact, you apparently "have no skin in the game". You just accuse Christians of not following the Christ, and yet you yourself do not even actually believe in the Christ as the Son of the Living God. You accuse them just because you seem to hate them, no other reason. You accuse ALL Christians of being like this. You claim that Christianity itself is tainted with these ne'er-do-wells. This is not true. I know many Christians who would give people the shirt off their own back to help someone in need, Christians who have brought people who were destitute into their own homes, feeding them and clothing them and housing them until they found a job and could stand on their own two feet. They do this as a result of their love for God and their love for their neighbor. Not all Christians follow Christ, this much is true; but not ALL Christians do NOT follow Christ, that much is untrue, and yet you still claim it is true. In fact, you go so far as to claim that Christianity has become tainted by those who are hypocrites. This is untrue. But your accusations are hollow, you do not know what it is like to believe in the Son of God, in fact you claim belief is not even necessary.

So while we both may claim some things about some Christians, my accusations are from the viewpoint of the Christ, that SOME of these who cry "Lord, Lord" Jesus does not know because they are the hypocrites. This hypocrisy is NOT the core of MY faith... far from it. Your accusations appear to be borne from simple hate, you attack ALL Christians as having a hollow faith, while you yourself do not even believe.

This is talking the talk, without ever walking the walk. You simply do not walk with the Lamb of God, and thus you misrepresent Christianity. SOME "Christians" DO taint Christianity, but their creed is not what Christianity is. Christianity is alive and well, as is our God and our Lord, Jesus, the Christ.

Moves
11 Nov 18
1 edit

@suzianne said
I accuse Christians when I see them spouting hypocrisy. They say they love God and love their fellow man, and yet they vote Republican,
So no “Rebulican” voters can “love god”?

You really are twisted piece of work. The ONLY Christians you “call out” are Rebulicans because it fits with your silly partisan mindset. You never call out any other Christian here (apart from me) on anything at all. You never call out sonship on his utter rubbish, KellyJay on his dishonesty and literlist approach to everything in the bible, or any of the other Christians here.

Except Whodey. Why? Because he’s a Republican.

Sad.

Moves
11 Nov 18
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
And you have been asked multiple times by multiple posters if you believe Jesus was sent by God.

Instead of simply answering this question you chose instead to call it 'a red herring,' which in itself speaks volumes about your actual relationship with Christianity.

For a Christian, the question of Jesus being sent by God is not a red herring, it's an opportunity to answer positively about the most important facet of their faith. (Which clearly you lack).
I never read any of ToO’s posts. The guy is a no-balls fake Christian who uses his pretence to accuse Christians of not living up to his carefully selected “words of Jesus while he was on earth” pinhole. He’s a joke. Not interested in him.

I’ve asked him maybe 60 times if Jesus was correct when he says he was sent by God. No reply, obfuscation, deflection, accusations BS about blah blah blah.

Who cares.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Nov 18

@divegeester said
I never read any of ToO’s posts. The guy is a no-balls fake Christian who uses his pretence to accuse Christians of not living up to his carefully selected “words of Jesus while he was on earth” pinhole. He’s a joke. Not interested in him.

I’ve asked his maybe 60 times if Jesus was correct when he says he was sent by God. No rely, obfuscation, deflection, accusations BS about blah blah blah.

Who cares.
He complains about been asked repeatedly that same question, but doesn't seem to have the intellectual capacity to realize that this could have been avoided if he had just answered it the first time it was put to him.

He is, of course, fearful of the following conversation:

"Was Jesus sent by God?"
"Er,....no."
"But during his ministry, Jesus said he 'was' sent by God."
"Errr..............."

Moves
11 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He complains about been asked repeatedly that same question, but doesn't seem to have the intellectual capacity to realize that this could have been avoided if he had just answered it the first time it was put to him.

He is, of course, fearful of the following conversation:

"Was Jesus sent by God?"
"Er,....no."
"But during his ministry, Jesus said he 'was' sent by God."
"Errr..............."
Yes, it’s another example of what I call a “checkmate question”.

The answer is there, but it won’t be forthcoming for exactly the reason you have demonstrated.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Nov 18

@divegeester said
Yes, it’s another example of what I call a “checkmate question”.

The answer is there, but it won’t be forthcoming for exactly the reason you have demonstrated.
I believe, if he was ever pushed to answer, he would say Jesus 'wasn't' sent by God, although Jesus himself believed faithfully that he had been.

Even with ToO's diminished intellectual capacity, he knows this would lead to follow up questions he simply would be unable to handle.

Moves
11 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I believe, if he was ever pushed to answer, he would say Jesus 'wasn't' sent by God, although Jesus himself believed faithfully that he had been.

Even with ToO's diminished intellectual capacity, he knows this would lead to follow up questions he simply would be unable to handle.
Likewise with sonship on: reject trinity/lose salvation?

Same with KellyJay and sonship on: is the entire book of Revelation meant to be taken literally?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Nov 18
2 edits

@divegeester

Same with KellyJay and sonship on: is the entire book of Revelation meant to be taken literally?

Same with Divegeester. Watch.

Divegeester, are you a logical child or an illogical adult ? Which one ??

Moves
11 Nov 18

@sonship said
@divegeester

Same with Divegeester. Watch.

Divegeester, are you a logical child or an illogical adult ? Which one ??
Logical child.

Game over.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Nov 18
2 edits

@divegeester

Logical child.

Game over.

You are a logical child ?
Well, you've been one for far too long.
Grow up.

If you should turn out to be wrong and God does condemn His enemies to eternal torment,
will you stay with the unrighteous God or ask Him to allow you to spend eternity with Satan in his "wrong" and "unrighteous" torment ?

I don't think you've ever given me a straight answer.

Moves
11 Nov 18

@sonship said
I don't think you've ever given me a straight answer.
I just gave you and straight unequivocal bang on rely.

What are you on about.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Nov 18
1 edit

@divegeester

If you should turn out to be wrong and God does condemn His enemies to eternal torment,
will you stay with the unrighteous God or ask Him to allow you to spend eternity with Satan in his "wrong" and "unrighteous" torment ?

I await your answer.

And another:

If God is a final decider of ultimate destinies involving either eternal life or eternal punishment, is He less competent then you to do so?

Yes or No ?

Moves
11 Nov 18
2 edits

@sonship said
@divegeester

I await your answer.

And another:

If God is a final decider of ultimate destinies involving either eternal life or eternal punishment, is He less competent then you to do so?

Yes or No ?
So you’ve asked one question to which I’ve replied, but you dont want to follow up on that, instead you now want to fire a further salvo?