1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 19:27
    @sonship said
    Not peculiar, 'profoundly naive.'

Here's some folks who might not agree with you on that.

Cut and pasted from table of contents at
    http://www.precious-testimonies.com/TestimonyCategories/Suicide/SuicideIndex.htm

DO I REALLY WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE?

God's Liquid Love Engulfed Me - My Baptism In The Spirit Experience

FROM SPIRITUAL ...[text shortened]... SUICIDE
    WAS I BORN TO BE ABUSED? NO! AND YOU WEREN'T EITHER!
    GOD'S STORY - MY CHAPTER
    Do you accept sonship that people of faith (including Christians) 'have' taken their own lives when enduring a terminal disease, such as Alzheimer's, where there is absolutely no hope or positive prognosis, where all that lies ahead is progressive mental deterioration and loss of dignity? (And there are worse conditions I could have referenced of horrific suffering and misery).

If so, on what grounds can you claim Jesus has made suicide obsolete?!

Talk sense man!
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 19:337 edits
    Do you accept sonship that people of faith (including Christians)

Yes.

And I am not sure of the statistics today, but years ago it seemed that psychologist was the profession with the highest number of suicides.

But I don't intend to get into a cheerleader mode about who commits suicide less or more.

This thread is about the benefit many have experienced in appropriating by faith that Jesus Christ truly does an intimately inside healing. And this healing involves His death for us in freeing us to walk in newness of life.

And, talk sense man ?
    Talk sense man, you say ??

Visa versa. You don't know with final absolute boasting certainty that God does not exist. You may hope so.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 19:39
    @sonship said
    Do you accept sonship that people of faith (including Christians)

Yes.

And I am not sure of the statistics today, but years ago it seemed that psychologist was the profession with the highest number of suicides.

But I don't intend to get into a cheerleader mode about who commits suicide more.

This thread is about the beneifit many have experience ...[text shortened]... sa. You don't know with final absolute boasting certainty that God does not exist. You may hope so.
    I think perhaps you are muddling 'psychologists' for 'farmers.'

Is nothing you say credible?

Go back to the OP of this thread and see the large number of thumbs down you received (there aren't that many atheists on the site) and ponder perhaps if your flippant approach to suicide needs to be reviewed.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 20:273 edits
    I think perhaps you are muddling 'psychologists' for 'farmers.'

Nope. The data I am familiar with is not current. But I think in the late 70s and into the 80s I recall that psychologist therapists had the highest number of suicides.

Not farmers.

Is nothing you say credible?

"Jesus is Lord."
    You can take that to the bank of Eternity.
    You can trust that.

Go back to the OP of this thread and see the large number of thumbs down you received (there aren't that many atheists on the site) and ponder perhaps if your flippant approach to suicide needs to be reviewed.

I saw that, and chuckled.

Ad Populum argument now ?

if your flippant approach to suicide needs to be reviewed.

Um, how many times?
    Flippancy ?

Visa versa to you Ghost.

Pretty sure God exists ... in spite of you having no celery in your fridge.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 20:384 edits
    Here is suppose to be some more recent stats on professions and suicide rates. Farmers is listed 8th among the highest 10.

https://www.therichest.com/rich-list/the-biggest/the-10-professions-with-the-highest-suicide-rates/

This website weigns in too.

Rate Highest of Any Profession
    By Pauline Anderson
    May 8, 2018 -- One doctor commits suicide in the U.S. every day -- the highest suicide rate of any profession. And the number of doctor suicides -- 28 to 40 per 100,000 -- is more than twice that of the general population, new research shows. The rate in the general population is 12.3 per 100,000.

Doctors who die by suicide often have untreated or undertreated depression or other mental illnesses, a fact that underscores the need for early diagnosis

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20180508/doctors-suicide-rate-highest-of-any-profession#1

Looking at the site, I consider it a little racy. I'm looking for a completely serious study.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 07:25
    In the UK, Prime Minister May announced today the appointment of a Minister for Suicide Prevention, due to an average of 4,500 people in this country committing suicide each year (a number of course that includes people of faith).

Perhaps Sonship should write to Mrs May post haste and let her know that such an appointment is unnecessary due to Jesus having already made suicide obsolete.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 07:46
    @sonship said

I saw that, and chuckled.
    I don’t believe you chuckled, you are far too vain.

Tell me again, before Christ, that you chuckled and I will believe you.

Willing???
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 07:48
    Theological/doctrinal question for sonship.

Sonship, if a Christian commits suicide do they lose their salvation?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '18 08:26

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 19:21
    @divegeester said

Has he evaporated?!
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 23:561 edit
    Do you know that the Apostle Paul said that he and his companions "despaired of life" ?

Some versions say "We despaired of living".

The significant thing is that the word life there is the word for divine and eternal ZOE life. If I didn't see it myself I would have never thought he would have written that.

"We despaired of life" ... meaning that he and his apostolic team were at one time SO pressed and SO perplexed that they despaired of the spiritual way they were living.

Second Corinthians 1:8

English Standard Version
    For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself.

Berean Study Bible
    We do not want you to be unaware, brothers, of the hardships we encountered in the province of Asia. We were under a burden far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life.

Berean Literal Bible
    For we do not want you to be ignorant brothers, as to our affliction having happened in Asia, that we were weighed against excessively, beyond our power, so as for us to despair even to live.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 04:26
    @divegeester said

Question dodged.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 04:26
    @divegeester said
    I don’t believe you chuckled, you are far too vain.

Tell me again, before Christ, that you chuckled and I will believe you.

Willing???
    No reply as expected.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 05:111 edit
    @divegeester

Remember this following your post that you get tired of me ?

If you get tired of me then stop chasing me around to urge me to "Talk about it with me again! Talk about it with me again!"
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 05:17
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Has he evaporated?!
    Nope, just dodging.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree