1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 01:492 edits
    One of the ingredients of the Spirit is the death of Christ.
    That is why Paul could say "by the Spirit, put to death ..."

In the Holy Spirit is the killing off power of Christ's death.
    That is why Paul could say "we have been baptized into His death".

The life impartation is in the Spirit. But also the terminating death of Christ is an ingredient of the Spirit. That is why Paul could say "we have been buried with Him through baptism into His death." .

The slaying power of Jesus dying is an ingredient of the Holy Spirit ready to be utilized by faith. That is what Paul can say - "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts."

If you put two dead people in a room and lock the door, guaranteed you will hear no disturbance in that room.

Because the terminating power of His cross death is an ingredient of the Holy Spirit Paul can say that he has died to the world and the world has died to him.

"Far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has bas been crucified to me and I to the world." (Gal. 6:14)

The world is composed of its philosophical elements. Because the power of the death of Jesus is also in the Holy Spirit, Paul can say we Christians have died to the elements of the world.

"If you died with Christ from the elements of the world, why, as living in the world, do you subject yourselves to ordinances: Do not handle, nor taste, nor touch ...?" (Col. 2:20,21a)

We are freed in Christ by employing the death of Christ in matter after matter, utilizing by faith His terminating power.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 01:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 02:022 edits
    Paul boasted. But he did not boast in what he could do. He boasted in the power of the terminating ability of Christ's death. This terminating power he calls "the cross of Christ".

He was so confident in the power for Jesus to terminated negative things in him. He could boast. He could brag at what the power of Christ's death could do in him.

He would only boast in this and not in his accomplishments by his own power.

"Far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been crucified to me and I to the world." (Gal. 6:14)
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 02:35
    @sonship said
    Don't kill yourself with a gun or by jumping off a bridge.
    Back in May this year, you said:

sonship: FMF, I think I'd rather die then be stuck with a mind like yours.

Does this mean that if you realized you had a mind like mine, you'd consider killing yourself?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 05:40
    @sonship said
    I said the thread in not about the subject you wish to change all my subjects to.
    My question is on topic and pertinent.

Will those who do kill themselves be tortured forever by your version of Jesus?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 05:42
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I hope nobody reading this is in a suicidal frame of mind.
    Sonship’s version of Christianity is depressing.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 06:18
    @divegeester said
    For the believer or non believer?
  8. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 06:21
    @divegeester said
    I agree, and if anyone in the UK is contemplating suicide then they should ring The Samaritans. As we know they do not pass by on the other side and thus come with the highest recommendation!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 06:31
    @divegeester said
    sonship's version of Christianity is of the orange, plastic bag, and leather belt variety.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 08:04
    @dj2becker said
    For the believer or non believer?
    Answered: For both.

Perhaps you can reciprocate and answer the question he is too scared to:

Will someone who commits suicide be tortured in hell forever?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 08:523 edits
    More on the killing power in the Spirit. Because for Paul to allow Christ's death to benefit him, he said that he died DAILY.

" I protest by the boasting in you, brothers, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily." (1 Cor. 15:31)

How can Paul die daily? He means he is in the custom of every day allowing this terminating power in the Holy Spirit to work in him.

He relished its benefit. He knew that perplexing problems in his soul could be every day terminated through the terminating power of the Spirit of Jesus.

Each death increased his strength in the resurrection life.
    There was no instance of dying with Christ that was not immediately followed by grace increasing in him as resurrection life.

Because Paul himself learned to die with Christ and saw to it that his companions in ministry learned this skill also, he said death worked in them to the result that they were able to minister life to the churches.

" So then death operates in us but life in you. " (2 Cor. 4:12)
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 09:122 edits
    Many Christians know that Justification by faith is a major theme in the New Testament. This thread explores the benefit of dying with Christ.

Did you know that there is also a justification by dying with Christ? Here the Apostle speaks not specifically about justification by faith but justification through dying with Christ to sin.

" For he who has died is justified from sin." (Rom. 6:7)

I wrote a song for this verse for memorization and praise. It has helped me in learning to trust that I have died with Christ like Paul.

Here is the link and the song is:
    to my album Weapons of Righteousness. Find the specific song to Rom. 6:6-7.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/sets/weapons-of-righteousness

Our Old Man Has Been Crucified

Here are the lyrics
    Our old man has been crucified, crucified with Him,
    In order that the body of sin
    Might be annulled, might be annulled.

That we should no longer serve sin as slaves.
    That we should no longer serve sin as slaves.

He who has died is justified, justified from sin.
    He who has died is justified, justified from sin.
    Our old man has been crucified, crucified with Him
    That we should no longer serve sin as slaves."
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 09:38
    You really should start a blog sonship.

No one other than a couple of us is bothering to engage you because you have preach mode switched on.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 09:401 edit
    @sonship said
    Now that those who have never or would never consider solving their problems by suicide have left, any others I want to tell something to.

Don't kill yourself with a gun or by jumping off a bridge.

Believe in the TERMINATING death of Christ on your behalf and put it to work.

I said believe in the TERMINATING death of Jesus on your behalf and puts its mighty powe ...[text shortened]... lore the TERMINATING power of the death of Christ (this time over the REDEEMING power of His death).
    Your bizaro way of presenting the gospel of dying in Christ as somehow committing suicide is neither clever, interesting nor edifying.

“The TERMINATING death of Christ” good grief.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '18 14:31
    @sonship said
    If you never contemplate suicide then this thread is not for you. You may go. Goodbye.
    Been trying for years, just cant seem to get the mixture right litre scotch & 16 paracetamols woke the next morning...no hangover.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree