1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 13:32
    i think i would be laughing at us for the silly ideas we come up with.
  2. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 14:15
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    God does't because he loves us
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    Are you saying that he does not have a sense of humor? Can you not laugh at those you love? Granted, when we see others laugh at us our first instinct is to get defensive and ASSUME that such laughter is done in a negative context, however, that is not always the case. I say that sense we laugh so must our Creator.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 14:33
    If god existed (and I were he) I would come down to earth to prove my own existence beyond any shadow of doubt. Faith would then become irrelevant. Admittance to heaven would be based solely on works.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 14:361 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If god existed (and I were he) I would come down to earth to prove my own existence beyond any shadow of doubt. Faith would then become irrelevant. Admittance to heaven would be based solely on works.
    Then all other religions EXCEPT Christianity is for you. That is if God proved himself to you. So, would you win the good work contest or loose? Just how good of a person are you? If you won, I would assume you are all that and a bag of chips. I can hear them now. Hail, hail oh righteous ringwett. Praise be unto thee!!!
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 14:58
    Originally posted by LivingForJesus
    What do you mean by 'love'.

Surely the meaning is not the same as in normal usage. Is it ?
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 15:03
    he tried that, and he got himself killed
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 16:31
    I wouldn't delegate the task to some bumbler who gets himself crucified. I'd do it myself. More of that Old Testament interaction. But instead of smiting people right and left, I'd do some good things for a change. I would lead by example.
  9. London
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 16:34
    I wouldn't delegate the task to some bumbler who gets himself crucified. I'd do it myself. More of that Old Testament interaction. But instead of smiting people right and left, I'd do some good things for a change. I would lead by example.
    The Scandal of the Cross.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 16:502 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Then all other religions EXCEPT Christianity is for you. That is if God proved himself to you. So, would you win the good work contest or loose? Just how good of a person are you? If you won, I would assume you are all that and a bag of chips. I can hear them now. Hail, hail oh righteous ringwett. Praise be unto thee!!!
    So you want to say work is not important in Christianity, and if you do good or bad it doesn't matter,

You are right Christianity wins here, you are free to do what you want as long as you born again. Easy job !!!
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 17:001 edit
    Do you think if GOD came to you and tell you I'm GOD you believe him.

The other important Questions , He already sent you many messages but you ignored them and request the he himself come to you and beg you to believe in him. Do you think GOD needs you to believe in him?

GOD sent many messages to humans. Telling them I'm your GOD, your creator, Worship me. Isn't that enough?
  12. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 17:04
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Do you think if GOD came to you and tell you I'm GOD you believe him.

The other important Questions , He already sent you many messages but you ignored them and request the he himself come to you and beg you to believe in him. Do you think GOD needs you to believe in him?
    I think if PERSON come to me and tell me Q'URAN is perfect and without error, I not believe him.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 17:082 edits
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    I think if PERSON come to me and tell me Q'URAN is perfect and without error, I not believe him.
    Yes , you are right. Every body will do that, I will do that. I do that with the Bible.

what I did with the Bible for example is that I read it. And I found many questionable locations and tried to understand them and found them not making sense.

Of course I read Quran all the time, and I found many people talking about errors. When I found someone talks about Quran I go read. There are many books written by Muslims dealing with the interpretations of Quran. I refere to them seeking answers.

Did you do that with Quran?

My be you did and my be not, But did I talk about Quran in my post
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 17:21
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    So you want to say work is not important in Christianity, and if you do good or bad it doesn't matter,

You are right Christianity wins here, you are free to do what you want as long as you born again. Easy job !!!
    I did not say good works were not important did I? I merely am saying that they do not save you. There is a difference. Works should give God the glory not man and ONLY God should recieve such glory. Therefore, why do we enable others to take such glory for themselves?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 17:23
    Req'd.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree