1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 19:42
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Wrong. it is possible for someone who knows no God to do good works that please God.
    I don't care if they do good works, Jesus did not say, deny me and I will deny you, UNLESS
    you do some good works. You are adding the Word of God things that are not there if you
    say or suggest that!
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 19:43
    Wrong. it is possible for someone who knows no God to do good works that please God.
    Romans 8:8
    Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 19:48
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Yes, it does seem that God is looking for some kind of faith and belief in HIM....AND good works.

They work in tandem.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:12
    Nonsense. God is pleased with good works and righteousness regardless of who does it. Rahab the harlot. Cornelius's good works pleased God. Cyrus King of Persia was considered to be a good King.

Christians do not have a monopoly on righteousness. The light of Christ is in all men. All people are capable of being good and doing good regardless of their religious belief.

Your interpretation of that passage is way off the mark. I know what it means. You take the trouble to fix your false doctrine.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:26
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Yes, it does seem that God is looking for some kind of faith and belief in HIM....AND good works.

They work in tandem.
    God wants us to abide in Him, and He in us. Jesus again didn't say He was a way to God,
    and He did not say He was going to tell us how to get to God, He said, He is the way to
    God. We will do good works when we encounter God, reason being God is good and He
    wants us to be like Him. He takes no delight in anyone losing out and dying in their sins,
    no joy in the destruction of the wicked, He is Love.

He is also Holy and Just, so He has to charge those to do evil with the crimes they do,
    justice demands that, so does His goodness. He saw that we were dead in our sins, we
    could do nothing to fix that on our own, yet He loved us. It isn't that we loved Him, it is
    that He first loved us, that the Father sent Jesus into the world to save sinners! Save
    sinners, not reward the righteous, save sinners, so Jesus who knew no sin became sin
    so that we could be saved! In this it is important to see we still have to rely on God not our
    efforts, if were get saved then we have to live a sinless life on our own we would not last
    a day, we would sin and that would be the end of it.

In Christ, walking in the Spirit that God wants to give us, we can be free of all of that! As
    we walk out our lives following God abiding in Him we will not sin as we follow His Spirit,
    but if we do anything sinful repenting of it we can go to God for grace. This is not a sin for
    free card, if anyone's intent is to live in sin while excepting God to over look the sin that
    they don't want to give up will find out that God is not mocked. If He starts a good work in
    us He will complete it, we just need to obey Him, confess, repent. Our righteousness will
    always depend on Him, so in no way do we want to mock Him, unlike everyone who can
    kill our bodies, God can not only do that but cast us into Hell too.

The greatest take away from this isn't that we are striving to prove to God we belong to
    Him, He knows where are hearts are, it is our trusting that He wants us and has done all
    that is required for us to be able to abide in Christ and Christ in us. So as He calls us we
    answer Him, then His joy is our strength.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:27
    Nonsense. God is pleased with good works and righteousness regardless of who does it. Rahab the harlot. Cornelius's good works pleased God. Cyrus King of Persia was considered to be a good King.

Christians do not have a monopoly on righteousness. The light of Christ is in all men. All people are capable of being good and doing good regardless of their re ...[text shortened]... sage is way off the mark. I know what it means. You take the trouble to fix your false doctrine.
    Well let me see, believe God's Word or rajk999's word, hmm, I'm going to go with God's
    Word over yours.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:30

Christians do not have a monopoly on righteousness. The light of Christ is in all men. All people are capable of being good and doing good regardless of their re ...[text shortened]... sage is way off the mark. I know what it means. You take the trouble to fix your false doctrine.
    Romans 8:7-9 English Standard Version (ESV)
    7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
    9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:30
    Well let me see, believe God's Word or rajk999's word, hmm, I'm going to go with God's
    Word over yours.
    You are not reading Gods word. You are reading the church manual.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:31
    Romans 8:7-9 English Standard Version (ESV)
    7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. 8 Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
    9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
    Why do you assume that nonChristians mind is set on the flesh?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:32
    God wants us to abide in Him, and He in us. Jesus again didn't say He was a way to God,
    and He did not say He was going to tell us how to get to God, He said, He is the way to
    God. We will do good works when we encounter God, reason being God is good and He
    wants us to be like Him. He takes no delight in anyone losing out and dying in their sins,
    no jo ...[text shortened]... bide in Christ and Christ in us. So as He calls us we
    answer Him, then His joy is our strength.
    You abide in God by following his commandments.
    You are a Christian and atheists have to tell you what are some of those commandments
    Therefore there are atheists who abide in God and you do not.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:34
    You are not reading Gods word. You are reading the church manual.
    What manual would that be?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:34
    Why do you assume that nonChristians mind is set on the flesh?
    Did you read the passage of scripture?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:362 edits
    You abide in God by following his commandments.
    You are a Christian and atheists have to tell you what are some of those commandments
    Therefore there are atheists who abide in God and you do not.
    We are to follow His commandments, agreed. You are in error on everything else you said.
    I still have not seen the verse that said Atheist were going to be accepted, and I don't recall your
    response to my reminding you that if they deny Jesus, there was no exception from Jesus on
    denying Him was okay as long as good works were done.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:451 edit
    We are to follow His commandments, agreed. You are in error on everything else you said.
    I still have not seen the verse that said Atheist were going to be accepted, and I don't recall your
    response to my reminding you that if they deny Jesus, there was no exception from Jesus on
    denying Him was okay as long as good works were done.
    Clearly you underestimate the importance of following the commandments and overestimate the importance of faith.

Its not you are supposed to follow the commandments.

It is more like YOU MUST FOLLOW THE COMMANDMENTS ... MUST

Matt 25 & Rev 20.. those who follow the commandments enter the Kingdom of God
    Those who do not are cast out..Atheists are capable of picking up Christ and feeding him and helping and visiting and doing charitable works. They are the sheep. Goats are full of talk and do nothing. Talkers are cast out Doers enter the Kingdom of God
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 20:48
    Did you read the passage of scripture?
    OK .. Im tired. I will have to leave you in your church doctrine.

Christ is interested in righteousness and good works.

If you cannot please Christ you are cast out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree