1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '18 21:04
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Clearly you underestimate the importance of following the commandments and overestimate the importance of faith.

Its not you are supposed to follow the commandments.

It is more like YOU MUST FOLLOW THE COMMANDMENTS ... MUST

Matt 25 & Rev 20.. those who follow the commandments enter the Kingdom of God
    Those who do not are cast out..Atheists are c ...[text shortened]... p. Goats are full of talk and do nothing. Talkers are cast out Doers enter the Kingdom of God
    I believe Jesus says what means, and means what He says, you are denying His Words.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 10:01
    Clearly you underestimate the importance of following the commandments and overestimate the importance of faith.

Its not you are supposed to follow the commandments.

It is more like YOU MUST FOLLOW THE COMMANDMENTS ... MUST

Matt 25 & Rev 20.. those who follow the commandments enter the Kingdom of God
    Those who do not are cast out..Atheists are c ...[text shortened]... p. Goats are full of talk and do nothing. Talkers are cast out Doers enter the Kingdom of God
    Actually, you are the one that is changing scripture by overestimating the importance of
    works over faith. I'm taking both scriptures as truth, not putting one above another, that is
    what you are doing! We will be judged on our works, not denying that it is clear; however,
    works does not cleans us from sin, nor do they make void the words of Jesus who said
    that if we deny Him, He will deny us. If you are not looking at all scripture in light of all
    scripture you are putting greater importance on some pet scriptures to justify your own
    desires not the Word of God as it is written.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 11:421 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Actually, you are the one that is changing scripture by overestimating the importance of
    works over faith. I'm taking both scriptures as truth, not putting one above another, that is
    what you are doing! We will be judged on our works, not denying that it is clear; however,
    works does not cleans us from sin, nor do they make void the words of Jesus who s ...[text shortened]... rtance on some pet scriptures to justify your own
    desires not the Word of God as it is written.
    Here is my position and I have said this thousands of times over the last 14 years.

The ideal is both faith and works. Those who fall in this category are the elect of God, a chosen people, saints who will rule with Christ, the sheep of Christ who are have eternal assurance of salvation.

God knows that if he destroys everyone who fails to have both faith and works, then the Kingdom of God would be very small indeed. In fact Jesus had a parable about the changing requirements to enter the marriage feast.

So Jesus will accept those who have good works as well. The idea that people cannot do good works without professing Christ is just plain nonsense.

Works trumps faith all the time. How?
    - James said faith without works is dead, not the other way around
    - Paul said that the greatest of faith hope and charity is charity
    - Paul said love is the fulfilment of the law [not faith]
    - John said that if you follow the commandments God abides in you [not if you have faith]
    - Every time when Jesus speaks of who enters the Kingdom of God its all about works and righteousness and following the commandments. [never faith]

The reason for that is simple. Faith is supposed to get the Christian to do good works.
    Faith alone is worthless and means that the faith is vain and dead.
    Works alone is not dead
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:14
    Here is my position and I have said this thousands of times over the last 14 years.

The ideal is both faith and works. Those who fall in this category are the elect of God, a chosen people, saints who will rule with Christ, the sheep of Christ who are have eternal assurance of salvation.

God knows that if he destroys everyone who fails to have both fa ...[text shortened]... s.
    Works alone is not dead
    Faith doesn’t get us to do that! That’s the Holy Spirit!
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 13:29
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Faith doesn’t get us to do that! That’s the Holy Spirit!
    So? The Holy Spirit is a guide. It does not GET YOU TO DO ANYTHING. The Comforter will guide you to all righteousness. The Comforter will remind you what Jesus preached.

If the professed Christian does not follow the commandments then the Holy Spirit was of no use to them. They ignored the guidance. There is no excuse in the end. There is one requirement for entry into the Kingdom of God .. and its all in Matt 25.... the sheep did it and they entered. The goats did not do it and they were cast out.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 16:38
    So? The Holy Spirit is a guide. It does not GET YOU TO DO ANYTHING. The Comforter will guide you to all righteousness. The Comforter will remind you what Jesus preached.

If the professed Christian does not follow the commandments then the Holy Spirit was of no use to them. They ignored the guidance. There is no excuse in the end. There is one requireme ...[text shortened]... n Matt 25.... the sheep did it and they entered. The goats did not do it and they were cast out.
    The Holy Spirit does exactly what Jesus said He would do! Following Him keeps us from walking out our lives in the flesh, among other things!
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 17:001 edit

God knows that if he destroys everyone who fails to have both fa ...[text shortened]... s.
    Works alone is not dead
    It is going to be small indeed, Jesus said as much! We can not change the standards, there are going to be a great deal of lost there, some will be saying Lord, Lord! Some are going to wonder why, they were relying on themselves being better than some making it in. Others who were so sure they had nothing to worry about by their own standards, they were good people!

The issue is going to be Jesus Christ is the standard not any of us! He came to save sinners those who find themselves outside looking in will hear depart from me I never knew you.

You can not rely on your good works, it must be our savior! Anything short of Him, is short of Him! If He says if you deny me before men, He will deny you, He is not kidding!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree