And i gave her a thumbs down !
    I'm sure she will be devastated.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 May '15 09:452 edits
    Originally posted by moonbus
    It is not the beliefs of A or B, but the attempt to proselytize, which C to Z find off-putting. If it just stayed at "I'm saved" C to Z would not take umbrage, but "I'm saved" all too often comes across as "You gotta get saved too or you're going to hell".
    God's sovereignty and human free will coexist in time. Decisions to accept or reject the person and work of Christ are mutually exclusive [no tertium quid or comfort zones in 50 shades of grey]; and this choice has consequences in both time and eternity. Anyone who mouths: "You gotta get saved too or you're going to hell". in an attempt to coerce your decision is at best uninformed and at worst an enemy of the cause of Christ, whose substitutionary spiritual death propitiated God the Father's Justice making reconciliation of man to God a reality. moonbus, it's a grace gift none of us can ever earn or deserve; all we can do is decide to accept or reject it. I for one respect you and your free will. -Bob
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 May '15 09:521 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't understand your footnotes.
    Are you saying that you are only asking about people who are threatened and match your 'footnotes' criteria? If so, why restrict it so? Surely the most likely to feel threatened do not match all those criteria or are threatened by A and B's that do not match those criteria.
    Or are you only interested in replys from th ...[text shortened]... n't match but wish to ignore them? Again, I am not certain why you would wish to restrict it so.
    "I don't understand your footnotes." twhitehead, please isolate the specific footnote items which require clarification. Thank you.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 May '15 11:01
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "I don't understand your footnotes." twhitehead, please isolate the specific footnote items which require clarification. Thank you.
    I already did. Which part of my post did you not understand?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 May '15 12:591 edit
    I already did. Which part of my post did you not understand?
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    "If Person A..."

If Person A believes that God exists and Person B believes in the person and work of Jesus Christ
    for his or her salvation and eternal life, why are some members of the population from Person C to Person Z
    threatened to the point of covert or overt hostility by the beliefs of Person A and/or Person B?"

"The very first time I came to this forum was because I posted something in debates regarding the teaching of creationism in US schools under the guise of science. I was told to bring it here. I don't think I have felt strongly threatened by anyone's beliefs here.
    So, when do I feel threatened by other peoples beliefs?
    When their beliefs appear to be a threat to me, my friends/loved ones, my society, and yes, in some cases I do feel that threat although not from people in this forum.
    I may still criticize beliefs for other reasons even when I do not feel threatened by them."

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 1)
    OP Footnotes:

1) The "population" in focus literally encompasses both "real world" and "online message board" communities of equal peers;
    2) It observes ground rules of civility with a spectrum ranging from 'live and let live' tolerance to polite discourse to lively discussion;
    3) All members of this population respect the volitional free will of all others irrespective of their honestly held beliefs or lack thereof;
    4) None seeks to willfully impose their beliefs on or to harm others, though are willing to articulate their own personal convictions;
    5) The relevant line quoted by googlefudge is attributed to FreakyKBH as noted verbatim in the text of my site profile.
    Thanks to each of you for your topic interest and thoughtful replies. Kind regards, Bob"

"I don't understand your footnotes.
    Are you saying that you are only asking about people who are threatened and match your 'footnotes' criteria? If so, why restrict it so? Surely the most likely to feel threatened do not match all those criteria or are threatened by A and B's that do not match those criteria.
    Or are you only interested in replys from those that match those criteria while recognising those who don't match but wish to ignore them? Again, I am not certain why you would wish to restrict it so."

"I don't understand your footnotes." twhitehead, please isolate the specific footnote items which require clarification. Thank you."

"I already did. Which part of my post did you not understand?"

Please indicate which specific footnote items you "don't understand". Thanks,

1)?
    2)?
    3)?
    4)?
    5)?
    or all five?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '15 17:47
    Reset for moonbus and twhitehead: Please do the three of us a solid by responding with a thoughtful reply. Thanks,
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '15 18:27
    Please indicate which specific footnote items you "don't understand". Thanks,

1)?
    2)?
    3)?
    4)?
    5)?
    or all five?
    I understand all five in isolation. I do not understand why you posted them ie what your subtext was. And I have asked several follow up questions so you can clarify, but you seem to have ignored those. Try answering my questions then maybe you will see what it is I did not understand.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 May '15 02:24
    I understand all five in isolation. I do not understand why you posted them ie what your subtext was. And I have asked several follow up questions so you can clarify, but you seem to have ignored those. Try answering my questions then maybe you will see what it is I did not understand.
    Then reply to all five in isolation. 😏
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '15 09:201 edit
    "I understand all five in isolation. I do not understand why you posted them..."
    Simply to clarify issues raised by FMF and googlefudge on page 1.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 May '15 11:271 edit
    "I understand all five in isolation. I do not understand why you posted them..."
    Simply to clarify issues raised by FMF and googlefudge on page 1.
    I think I will just have to give up trying to communicate with you. You appear to be more than capable of understanding English but do not wish to communicate with it most of the time.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '15 13:57
    I think I will just have to give up trying to communicate with you. You appear to be more than capable of understanding English but do not wish to communicate with it most of the time.
    Please ask the most significant question on your mind regarding any spirituality related topic; I'll answer it later today. Thanks.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 May '15 14:17
    Please ask the most significant question on your mind regarding any spirituality related topic; I'll answer it later today. Thanks.
    All I wanted was an answer to the question I asked in this thread. You would not give it, instead you feigned ignorance of what was being asked.
    Why would I ask you the most significant question on my mind regarding any spirituality related topic? Would you be more honest just because the question was more significant? Or will you just enjoy playing me for the fool if the question is more significant?
    Either way, I won't be asking.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 May '15 15:09
    All I wanted was an answer to the question I asked in this thread. You would not give it, instead you feigned ignorance of what was being asked.
    Why would I ask you the most significant question on my mind regarding any spirituality related topic? Would you be more honest just because the question was more significant? Or will you just enjoy playing me for the fool if the question is more significant?
    Either way, I won't be asking.
    twhitehead, there's no benefit for you or me in being obstreperous; you've asked several questions already: please pick one.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 May '15 15:53
    twhitehead, there's no benefit for you or me in being obstreperous; you've asked several questions already: please pick one.
    Everything is about control and authority with you.

You never give a strait answer to anything, and seldom answer anything at all.

Thus there is little point in talking to you.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 May '15 16:01
    Obstreperous?

Googlefudge; definition if you please.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree