1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 May '15 16:05
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Obstreperous?

Googlefudge; definition if you please.
    noisy and difficult to control.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&complete=0&site=webhp&q=Obstreperous&oq=Obstreperous&gs_l=serp.12...103651.103651.0.105676.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.msedr...0...1c.2.64.serp..0.0.0.cU-ZPMVtUnQ
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 May '15 16:13
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    [b]noisy and difficult to control.
    Thank you kindly.

i notice that 'obstreperous' is a synonym of 'Robbie Carrobie'.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '15 00:27
    Originally posted by moonbus
    There should also be only secular holidays in America (Presidents' Day, Labor Day, Armistice Day etc.). America doesn't officially celebrate Easter, but does Christmas. So America is hypocritical. What's new?
    Christmas has become a secular holiday. It's all about the gift giving, and of course, the gift buying. It has very little to do with the birth of Jesus, unless you count the Christmas carols you hear in the stores as you shop. It's all Santa this and Santa that, with nary a peep about Jesus.

I guess Easter isn't celebrated as heavily because it's a bit harder to commercialize Easter. Sure, there's the Easter Bunny, but there's no real gift giving, and of course gift buying, involved.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 May '15 01:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Christmas has become a secular holiday. It's all about the gift giving, and of course, the gift buying. It has very little to do with the birth of Jesus, unless you count the Christmas carols you hear in the stores as you shop. It's all Santa this and Santa that, with nary a peep about Jesus.

I guess Easter isn't celebrated as heavily because it's a b ...[text shortened]... there's the Easter Bunny, but there's no real gift giving, and of course gift buying, involved.
    However, there seems to be some candy that seems to be sold in stores only around Easter, like the Cadbury egg and the chocolate Easter bunny.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '15 04:33
    Everything is about control and authority with you.

You never give a strait answer to anything, and seldom answer anything at all.

Thus there is little point in talking to you.
    Surprised that you too, googlefudge, prefer to coddle rather than eradicate the blind spot hovering like a grey cloud within your otherwise highly intelligent frontal lobes. It's my hope that you'll come home to your senses by changing your mind about the grace gift option of salvation and eternal life Christ purchased with His own substitutionary spiritual death with you and the rest of mankind in mind. -Bob
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 May '15 05:15
    Everything is about control and authority with you.

You never give a strait answer to anything, and seldom answer anything at all.

Thus there is little point in talking to you.
    My gripe also.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '15 09:413 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    My gripe also.
    Does receiving an answer different from the one hoped for constitute reason for dismissing it as a non-answer? If so, best to give the Word of God and its applications a wide berth near the shoreline of your soul lest the at times acid authoritative truths anchor there.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 May '15 10:34
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Does receiving an answer different from the one hoped for constitute reason for dismissing it as a non-answer? If so, best to give the Word of God and its applications a wide berth near the shoreline of your soul lest the at times acid authoritative truths anchor there.
    Are you saying that if you gave an answer, I/we should consider its veracity on a par with the Word of God?
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 May '15 10:39
    It's not that we don't like your answers.

It's that you never actually answer the questions you have been asked, or do so in riddles or gibberish.

Thinking otherwise is a mistake on your part.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '15 13:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you saying that if you gave an answer, I/we should consider its veracity on a par with the Word of God?
    Only if and when and to the extent that it is informed by the truth revealed in God's Word,
    same gold standard by which anyone "should consider the veracity" of yours.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 May '15 13:15
    It's not that we don't like your answers.

It's that you never actually answer the questions you have been asked, or do so in riddles or gibberish.

Thinking otherwise is a mistake on your part.
    Okay. I appreciate your succinct calm reply. Let's begin again for the first time.
    Please ask any spirituality related topic; I'll answer directly later today.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 May '15 13:23
    Okay. I appreciate your succinct calm reply. Let's begin again for the first time.
    Please ask any spirituality related topic; I'll answer directly later today.
    Ok. Do you think that the things a person believes effect how they think and influences their actions and choices?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 May '15 04:252 edits
    Ok. Do you think that the things a person believes effect how they think and influences their actions and choices?
    Yes. Our material beings [our bodies] are comprised of what we eat and drink; our immaterial beings [minds, vocabulary, knowledge, memories] are comprised of what we think and believe which influences and informs our conscience, moral standards, priorities, volitional choices and actions. Sometimes there are a narrow range of choices and other times a wide range of choices whether in a chess game, at a restaurant, in a library, in romance, as parents, in choosing a career path or hobbies or vacation destinations, etc., none of which would be possible as infants with tabula rasa 'minds, vocabulary, knowledge and memories'. Hypothetical illustration: If I believed the population of Sweden should be eradicated from the face of the earth, I might be motivated to organize an international terrorist group to wreak havoc and destruction on the inhabitants of my own ancestral home,
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '15 00:24
    Yes. Our material beings [our bodies] are comprised of what we eat and drink; our immaterial beings [minds, vocabulary, knowledge, memories] are comprised of what we think and believe which influences and informs our conscience, moral standards, priorities, volitional choices and actions. Sometimes there are a narrow range of choices and other times a w ...[text shortened]... onal terrorist group to wreak havoc and destruction on the inhabitants of my own ancestral home,
    If you think you came from a monkey, then you are going to believe you have the right to act like a monkey. 😏
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '15 10:55
    Yes. Our material beings [our bodies] are comprised of what we eat and drink; our immaterial beings [minds, vocabulary, knowledge, memories] are comprised of what we think and believe which influences and informs our conscience, moral standards, priorities, volitional choices and actions. Sometimes there are a narrow range of choices and other times a wide ...[text shortened]... national terrorist group to wreak havoc and destruction on the inhabitants of my own ancestral home,
    Reset for googlefudge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree