If the flood happened, why are the oceans salty?

If the flood happened, why are the oceans salty?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
31 May 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its simply a matter of time
Yes, an infinite amount of time.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 12

Originally posted by humy
Yes, an infinite amount of time.
Evolution will not work even if you were able to give it an infinite amount of time. 😏 HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

h

Moves
31 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Evolution will not work even if you were able to give it an infinite amount of time. 😏 HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
You have obviously completely lost the thread of the conversation.
He said “Its simply a matter of time” in the context of him showing me evidence for his claim.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 12

You have obviously completely lost the thread of the conversation.
He said “Its simply a matter of time” in the context of him showing me evidence for his claim.
😴

t

Moves
31 May 12

with all this water if you two guys ever need an ark i noah guy 😵

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
31 May 12

check this out,

Second, their data also includes some interesting discrepancies that point to a strong
biological influence on the chemistry of the water coming out of the lower-temperature
vents. The concentrations of hydrogen gas were 50 percent to 80 percent lower than
chemically predicted, indicating that something must be using it up. ...[text shortened]... roduct of
design, but nah, it just must of happened. Is that rational? logical? reasonable?
That's lovely, but where's the 'empirical data' to back up your claim that airborne pollutants are filtered by ocean vents?

rc

Moves
31 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's lovely, but where's the 'empirical data' to back up your claim that airborne pollutants are filtered by ocean vents?
I am trying to source them and when i do, Humy will be sowy. Actually dear PK as I
have stated i read it in a book given to me by a geologist, obviously he wanted his
book back so i do not have that publication and its rather difficult to find a site which
details the specific process, lots of sites about hydrothermal vents but none linking what
happens to pollutants in water as they pass through these vents, never the less I will
continue to try and once I am vindicated i will pile up Humys doubts of my great theory
up and crow upon the seething mass like a cockerel in the morning.

h

Moves
31 May 12

I am trying to source them and when i do, Humy will be sowy. Actually dear PK as I
have stated i read it in a book given to me by a geologist, obviously he wanted his
book back so i do not have that publication and its rather difficult to find a site which
details the specific process, lots of sites about hydrothermal vents but none linking wh ...[text shortened]... s doubts of my great theory
up and crow upon the seething mass like a cockerel in the morning.
I am trying to source them and when i do, Humy will be soWy (my emphasis)

LOL. Yes, I would be “sowy “.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
31 May 12

Don't be ridiculous ... given an infinite amount of time a roomful of blindfilded RJHinds could recreate the bible .. Hallelujah

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Don't be ridiculous ... given an infinite amount of time a roomful of blindfilded RJHinds could recreate the bible .. Hallelujah
You have to be the biggest idiot of all to believe that. The Holy Bible is so unique even you (not blindfolded) could not match it in eons of time. It is considered to have within its pages the greatest story ever told. The following websites gives a professors description of how unique it is:

http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/myredeemer/Evidencep3.html

Professor M. Montiero-Williams, former Boden professor of Sanskrit, spent 42 years studying Eastern books and said in comparing them with the Bible:

"Pile them, if you will, on the left side of your study table; but place your own Holy Bible on the right side - all by itself, all alone - and with a wide gap between them. For,...there is a gulf between it and the so-called sacred books of the East which severs the one from the other utterly, hopelessly, and forever...a veritable gulf which cannot be bridged over by any science of religious thought."

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 May 12

You have to be the biggest idiot of all to believe that. The Holy Bible is so unique even you (not blindfolded) could not match it in eons of time. It is considered to have within its pages the greatest story ever told. The following websites gives a professors description of how unique it is:

http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/myredeemer/Evidencep3.html

...[text shortened]... ever...a veritable gulf which cannot be bridged over by any science of religious thought."
[/b]
It might be the best book ever written but all that proves is the writers were very creative, does not prove divine inspiration.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
It might be the best book ever written but all that proves is the writers were very creative, does not prove divine inspiration.
It says that all scripture is inspired of God. You can either believe it or not.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

h

Moves
01 Jun 12

It says that all scripture is inspired of God. You can either believe it or not.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
Why should we believe that it is inspired by a God just because it says so?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12

Why should we believe that it is inspired by a God just because it says so?
I said, "You can either believe it or not."

h

Moves
01 Jun 12
3 edits

I said, "You can either believe it or not."
-which doesn't answer my question.
"You can either believe it or not" logically applies to ALL beliefs if one was to exclude the “don't know / not sure” options so you are not explaining a lot here!