1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '12 21:27
    If it rained 40 days and nights, one thing is it would have been raining 6 inches a minute. If it went past the top of the tallest mountain, Mt. Everest, say it rained 30,000 feet, then why are the oceans still salty?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 May '12 21:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If it rained 40 days and nights, one thing is it would have been raining 6 inches a minute. If it went past the top of the tallest mountain, Mt. Everest, say it rained 30,000 feet, then why are the oceans still salty?
    God zapped some people into pillars of salt to maintain salinity.
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 May '12 22:03
    That the seas are salty is just a theory. It is not a FACT. We might be mistaken (all of us) or tricked by Lucifer (Satan? Beelzebub?).

Actually, maybe Lucifer salted the sea to confuse us.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '12 22:20
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    God zapped some people into pillars of salt to maintain salinity.
    Well, lets run with that. Estimated population back then? Call it 1 million?
    So average body weight, say 150 pounds. So 150 million pounds or 75,000 tons, lighter than an aircraft carrier. Hmm, one aircraft carrier made of salt dissolves in several ocean of what now is fresh water. Have a feeling that won't do it๐Ÿ™‚
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 May '12 22:26
    Why wouldn't they be? What happens to water when those two mix out of rivers?
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 May '12 22:28
    Today most creationists believe most of the water for the worldwide flood came from the "fountains of the deep" Genesis 7:11. Some think the "fountains of the deep" was around the earth as an ice canopy and others believe it refers to water under the crust of the Earth. The third reference is long; but there is one page that refers to large salt deposits that have been found under the oceans. I can not explain it. But these people seem to have made an attempt. I can not say they are completely accurate; but maybe, something in the following will help you understand.

http://creationwiki.org/Springs_of_the_great_deep

http://www.evanwiggs.com/articles/fountain.html

http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/HydroplateOverview4.html

YouTube
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '12 23:31
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why wouldn't they be? What happens to water when those two mix out of rivers?
    Kelly
    It would out weigh all the oceans by 3 to 1 at least, so that would lead to a loss of salinity, which would kill many species of salt water fish directly.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '12 23:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Today most creationists believe most of the water for the worldwide flood came from the "fountains of the deep" Genesis 7:11. Some think the "fountains of the deep" was around the earth as an ice canopy and others believe it refers to water under the crust of the Earth. The third reference is long; but there is one page that refers to large salt deposits t ...[text shortened]... cience.com/onlinebook/HydroplateOverview4.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5t7setGSN4
    I'm happy for you, thinking you have it all figured out. All except the part that the flood never happened.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 May '12 23:44
    Well, lets run with that. Estimated population back then? Call it 1 million?
    So average body weight, say 150 pounds. So 150 million pounds or 75,000 tons, lighter than an aircraft carrier. Hmm, one aircraft carrier made of salt dissolves in several ocean of what now is fresh water. Have a feeling that won't do it๐Ÿ™‚
    When you dilute a saturated solution in contact with precipitated solute it will dissolve more solute. I'm thinking undersea salt deposits.

Plus people cried a lot when it flooded. That adds some salt. Angels might have cried some too.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '12 23:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    When you dilute a saturated solution in contact with precipitated solute it will dissolve more solute. I'm thinking undersea salt deposits.

Plus people cried a lot when it flooded. That adds some salt. Angels might have cried some too.
    Not to mention all those people who peed in their pants when all that water showed up. That had to raise the salinity a bit๐Ÿ™‚
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    27 May '12 01:19
    never mind that, why are there still animals and plants living in the sea or any body of water? did noah build special tanks for all the freshwater and saltwater animals and plants?

that would've been some ark. imagine blue whales swimming in giant saline tanks for 40 days. i wonder what they ate?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 May '12 02:34
    I'm happy for you, thinking you have it all figured out. All except the part that the flood never happened.
    If it never happened why do you even bring it up?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 May '12 03:12
    Not to mention all those people who peed in their pants when all that water showed up. That had to raise the salinity a bit๐Ÿ™‚
    Even though you are wrong, you still have a good sense of humor. But how is your humor going to be at judgment day?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 May '12 03:14
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    never mind that, why are there still animals and plants living in the sea or any body of water? did noah build special tanks for all the freshwater and saltwater animals and plants?

that would've been some ark. imagine blue whales swimming in giant saline tanks for 40 days. i wonder what they ate?
    As the old saying goes: You are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 May '12 03:17
    If it never happened then explain why whale bones are being found on mountains. Did they just crawl of the mountains to die?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree