If the flood happened, why are the oceans salty?

If the flood happened, why are the oceans salty?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12

Originally posted by humy
-which doesn't answer my question.
"You can either believe it or not" logically applies to ALL beliefs if one was to exclude the “don't know / not sure” options so you are not explaining a lot here!
I don't know what needs to be explained. It is self-explanatory.

h

Moves
01 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I don't know what needs to be explained. It is self-explanatory.
Why should we believe that it ( the scriptures in the Bible ) is inspired by a God just because it says so?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12

Why should we believe that it ( the scriptures in the Bible ) is inspired by a God just because it says so?
Because it is the word of God.

h

Moves
01 Jun 12
1 edit

Because it is the word of God.
that answer simply begs the similar question:

Why should we believe that the Bible is the word of God just because it says so?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12

that answer simply begs the similar question:

Why should we believe that the Bible is the word of God just because it says so?
The Holy Bible contains prophecies revealed from God that have come true as evidence and proof that it is truly the inspired word of God as it says it is.

That begs the question:

Why should we believe a theory of man that has no evidence or proof that mankind has evolved from apes or other creatures with out proof, when that contradicts the true word of God?

h

Moves
01 Jun 12
1 edit

The Holy Bible contains prophecies revealed from God that have come true as evidence and proof that it is truly the inspired word of God as it says it is.

[b]That begs the question:

Why should we believe a theory of man that has no evidence or proof that mankind has evolved from apes or other creatures with out proof, when that contradicts the true word of God?
[/b]

which prophecies are this “proof” that the Bible is the word of God?
give just one specific verifiable falsifiable example.
Why should we believe a theory of man that has no evidence or proof that mankind has evolved from apes or other creatures

we have already shown you proof that we evolved.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12
1 edit

which prophecies are this “proof” that the Bible is the word of God?
give just one specific verifiable falsifiable example.
Why should we believe a theory of man that has no evide ...[text shortened]... evolved from apes or other creatures

we have already shown you proof that we evolved.
Today because of the indoctination of evolutionists even human skin color is said to be proof of evolution. But it fact, it is proof that God made man with the same ability to adapt to our environments as he did all the other creatures with variety of colors. All these claims of proof of evolution is in fact proof of adptation of the same human KIND. Ever since creation humans have remained humans, birds have remained birds, dogs have remained dogs, and apes have remained apes. There is still no proof otherwise. There are only speculation and claims. And we know how dishonest mankind can be in making claims if you have ever encountered a salesperson.

AS for proof of fulfillment of prophecies from the Holy Bible, there are many books detailing all the prophecies and their fulfillment and I bet you can google "Prophecies in the Bible" and get hundreds. Let us see.

Yes, there is even one from the false teacher Hugh Ross, with all his belief in the evolution of the universe, has to admit to the fact that there are fulfilled prophecies in the Holy Bible.

http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-prophecy-evidence-for-the-reliability-of-the-bible

h

Moves
01 Jun 12

Today because of the indoctination of evolutionists even human skin color is said to be proof of evolution. But it fact, it is proof that God made man with the same ability to adapt to our environments as he did all the other creatures with variety of colors. All these claims of proof of evolution is in fact proof of adptation of the same human KIND. Ever ...[text shortened]... www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-prophecy-evidence-for-the-reliability-of-the-bible

Today because of the indoctination of evolutionists even human skin color is said to be proof of evolution. But it fact, it is proof that God made man with the same ability to adapt to our environments as he did all the other creatures with variety of colors.

whether a 'god' had anything to do with it or not, genetic adaptation via natural selection IS evolution.
The rest of what you say about that is irrelevant because of this.

http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-prophecy-evidence-for-the-reliability-of-the-bible

what a load of crap!
For example, it says:
“...
( Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 107 ) .

(11) The day of Elijah's supernatural departure from Earth was predicted unanimously—and accurately, according to the eye-witness account—by a group of fifty prophets (2 Kings 2:3-11).
...”

for starters, what proof would there be that there would have been a “ Elijah's supernatural departure” 😛
and where did the figure of “ ( Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 107 ) . “ come from? How could that be sensibly mathematically worked out? Answer, it couldn’t, That is just pure stupid nonsense.

All of those so called “prophecies” are like that.

So you have NO proof that “The Holy Bible contains prophecies revealed from God that have come true as evidence and proof that it is truly the inspired word of God as it says it is. “ as you claim.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 12
1 edit

Today because of the indoctination of evolutionists even human skin color is said to be proof of evolution. But it fact, it is proof that God made man with the same ability to adapt to our environments as he did all the other creatures with variety of colors.

whether a 'god' had anything to do with it or not, genetic adaptation via natural idence and proof that it is truly the inspired word of God as it says it is. “ as you claim.
Didn't I inform you that Dr. Hugh Ross is a false teacher. But I said even he sees evidence of fulfilled prophecies in the Holy Bible. Where did I endorse his interpretations? But the prophecies are there for you to see and there are accurate interpretations available. If you refuse to look for them, then this is all I can say for you...

&feature=related

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Jun 12

Didn't I inform you that Dr. Hugh Ross is a false teacher. But I said even he sees evidence of fulfilled prophecies in the Holy Bible. Where did I endorse his interpretations? But the prophecies are there for you to see and there are accurate interpretations available. If you refuse to look for them, then this is all I can say for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlBifX0H3yg&feature=related
So there are stories in the bible that you consider prophesies only if they are interpreted right, eh. How elitist.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
So there are stories in the bible that you consider prophesies only if they are interpreted right, eh. How elitist.
Prophecies are still prophecies regardless if anyone interprets them or not. But unless the correct interpretation is given they are not likely to be understood.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Jun 12

Prophecies are still prophecies regardless if anyone interprets them or not. But unless the correct interpretation is given they are not likely to be understood.
And of course only the ones YOU have vetted are the correct ones to interpret the bible. Like I said, how elitist.

h

Moves
02 Jun 12
1 edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlBifX0H3yg&feature=related
Didn't I inform you that Dr. Hugh Ross is a false teacher. But I said even he sees evidence of fulfilled prophecies in the Holy Bible. Where did I endorse his interpretations?

so let me get this straight;

1, first I ask you “Why should we believe that it ( the scriptures in the Bible ) is inspired by a God just because it says so? “

2, then, after I had to ask you twice before you actually answered, you answer with “Because it is the word of God. “

3, then I point out that this answer simply begs the similar question: “Why should we believe that the Bible is the word of God just because it says so? “

4, then you answer this by claiming there is evidence of fulfilled prophecies in the Holy Bible

5, then I ask you for evidence of this by means of an example

6, then you respond to my request by giving Ross's examples

7, then I point out that his said examples are nonsense

8, then you criticise me for pointing out that his said examples are nonsense because you had implied they were nonsense earlier as implied by “Didn't I inform you that Dr. Hugh Ross is a false teacher. ...Where did I endorse his interpretations? ...” ( your last quotes )

But that means, at stage 4 above, you knowingly gave me what even you believed to be false evidence of fulfilled prophecies in the Holy Bible -why?
Is it because you have no specific example of evidence of fulfilled prophecies in the Holy Bible that you think is valid?

So far you have not given us any rational reason to believe that the scriptures in the Bible is the word of God like you claim it is.

But the prophecies are there for you to see and there are accurate interpretations available. If you refuse to look for them, then this is all I can say for you...

&feature=related

I don't refuse to look at the link. I have just seen the link. It is just a video giving a boring song about the “blinding light”.
What the hell is that to do with evidence of fulfilled prophecies in the Holy Bible? 😛
How the hell does that song represent “the prophecies” that “are there for you to see” and with “accurate interpretations available”? 😛
Perhaps you can show me something that is at least vaguely RELEVANT?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 12

Didn't I inform you that Dr. Hugh Ross is a false teacher. But I said even he sees evidence of fulfilled prophecies in the Holy Bible. Where did I endorse his interpretations?

so let me get this straight;

1, first I ask you “Why should we believe that it ( the scriptures in the Bible ) is inspired by a God just because it says so? “

...[text shortened]... available”? 😛
Perhaps you can show me something that is at least vaguely [b]RELEVANT
?[/b]
You must be trying to speed read and not very good at it, for you are skipping over things and even jumping to the wrong post. Perhaps you should come back when you have more time to actually read the post at a slow pace so your mind can catch up with your darting eyes.

h

Moves
02 Jun 12

You must be trying to speed read and not very good at it, for you are skipping over things and even jumping to the wrong post. Perhaps you should come back when you have more time to actually read the post at a slow pace so your mind can catch up with your darting eyes.
which post are you referring to?