1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 10:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Proof the Earth is about 6000 years old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72h2R4FO0k

No refutation yet. Still waiting.
    yes, little boy that hasn't have his first shave yet comes up with a extraordinary discovery that will shake the foundations of science.

he presents it via youtube

totally legit, i am now a young earth creationist because off this video
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 10:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Well if the world really is < 10K years old then people are wrong about a great
    many things with respect to species and several other things.
    Kelly
    We would be wrong about:
    At least half of Biology.
    Most of Astronomy.
    Most of Geology.
    Half of Physics.
    Some Chemistry.
    Some History.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 10:47
    You can search this site and go back years and you'll always see me do that!
    I maintain I do not know how old the earth is, could be billions of years old
    or thousands, and I lean towards thousands.
    Kelly
    yes, but why? if you are presented with 2 choices and you pick the wrong one, you must have a reason.

is it the fact that the bible supports a young earth ? do you not accept the possibility it was a metaphor for getting to the real point of the book?

we have the book of genesis which you say is 100% accurate, but we also have the book of job which tells us of god making a bet with satan(or some bad dude) that Job will never do a bad thing. He then gives Job, who is said to be the most righteous man in existance at that time, over to Satan who then proceeds to torture him in every way possible.

Tell me, this really happened? Or is it more likely a metaphor for how we should love God even in the face of adversity? Just to put things in perspective, God killed the wicked people of Sodom and Gomorrah through fire and brimstone, which might be considered a quick death. However, he allowed Job, the most righteous man, to suffer torture at the hands of satan just to satisfy Satan's curiosity(because God is omniscient he already knew job won't give in to satan), just so god can tell him "I told you so".

Tell me, does this story support a literal bible?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 10:47
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes, little boy that hasn't have his first shave yet comes up with a extraordinary discovery that will shake the foundations of science.

YouTube

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 11:034 edits
    What Ailed Old Neanderthal Man?

In 1912 the famous Piltdown skull was found in a gravel bed in southern England by Charles Dawson. It created a sensation since it clearly was a creature halfway between man and beast. Evolutionists were ecstatic.

While a few scientists were skeptical, it was accepted by scholarly opinion throughout the world. It is n he obvious truth that Neanderthal man was fully human.

http://www.rae.org/ch08tud.html
    I have read part of your post which is interesting. I'll finish it now. But first I read and reacted to this.

No orthodox expert would dare to propose a recent beginning of man which would correspond to the Biblical account. Although various authorities have pointed out that the variability found among human fossils is really no different from the amazing variability found among people today, little or nothing is made of this fact in the textbooks. White, middleclass scientists should not necessarily make themselves the model from which fossil bones are judged and compared (Custance, 1968, p.26-31).

Arthur Custance is Old Earth, you know ? He's strong on Gap Theory.

See Doorway Papers website. See his book Without Form and Void.

And his article Who Taught Adam How to Speak? is interesting. Custance can get very technical and is not always easy to follow without repeated passes through his articles.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 11:10
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

No he's not. He's YEC because he noticed Piltdown Man needed a shave too.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 12:39
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I have read part of your post which is interesting. I'll finish it now. But first I read and reacted to this.

[quote] No orthodox expert would dare to propose a recent beginning of man which would correspond to the Biblical account. Although various authorities have pointed out that the variability found among human fossils is really no different from th ...[text shortened]... very technical and is not always easy to follow without repeated passes through his articles.
    What? I can't quote someone unless I agree with everything that person believes in? When did that rule come in to effect and by what authority?
  8. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 13:12
    You can search this site and go back years and you'll always see me do that!
    I maintain I do not know how old the earth is, could be billions of years old
    or thousands, and I lean towards thousands.
    Kelly
    I don't lean? i'm 100% it's thousands - hallelujah praise the lord!
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 17:22
    Wrong. FAIL!!!
    you failed linguistics, not that you ever took the class, or any class for that matter.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 17:24
    Yes, I understand perfectly what I believe and why.
    good, you should have no problem making a case. anytime you're ready...
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 18:29
    I do not care how long it took God to create the universe. I am only concerned with what the Holy Bible says about how long ago the Earth was made ready for life and how long ago life began on this earth. That calculates out to a little over 6000 years ago. That does not give evolution enough time to work by building on small mutations to mutate over time into all the creatures we see today.
    Please explain you "calculation" and why you think it is critical to your belief.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 18:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    We would be wrong about:
    At least half of Biology.
    Most of Astronomy.
    Most of Geology.
    Half of Physics.
    Some Chemistry.
    Some History.
    🙂 Yea...if it were true than you'd have to say people were quite full of
    themselves thinking they had it all thought out and really were not even close
    if they could be so wrong. I doubt however those percentages are really that
    high since typically the only thing they would be wrong about would be ages
    and some causes.
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 19:01
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    thousands or billions (?)

What about millions or hundreds of thousands?
    You can pick any time frame you want in between I don't care since as I pointed
    out already....I don't know.
    Kelly
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 19:26
    You can pick any time frame you want in between I don't care since as I pointed
    out already....I don't know.
    Kelly
    Why do you let your mind be ruled by fantasy, why not reason things out for yourself, look things up, read a science book or two, look at the way science came up with the conclusions they did. You go from step a to step b and see step c. It is not that big a deal.

RJ is trying to say the sun doesn't have a mass of 1.99 E 30 Kg when all he has is some nutty 16 yo with the handle 'exchristian88' and doesn't even know that video is a parody he is so stuffed with himself.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '12 21:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why do you let your mind be ruled by fantasy, why not reason things out for yourself, look things up, read a science book or two, look at the way science came up with the conclusions they did. You go from step a to step b and see step c. It is not that big a deal.

RJ is trying to say the sun doesn't have a mass of 1.99 E 30 Kg when all he has is some nu ...[text shortened]... 'exchristian88' and doesn't even know that video is a parody he is so stuffed with himself.
    No, I did not say that. Look at the figures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

From the article the main figures we need to consider are:
    1. Sun fusion rate - 620 million metric tons
    2. Mass-energy conversion rate - 4.26 million metric tons
    3. Age of the Sun - 5.57 billion years
    4. Mass of sun today - 2×10^30 kilograms

To determine if the kid is right we need to calculate how big the Sun should have been 5.57 billion years ago. The kid said the sun was 6 billion years old verses 5.57 billion years old. The only other figure he stated was 5 million tons of hydrogen every second, which does appear to be an over-estimate of the 4.26 million tons stated by wikipedia. He appears to have rounded up instead of down. But the kid claims the Sun would have swallowed the Earth if it had been big enough to have had that much hydrogen a few million years ago using his figures.

So can you calculate what the mass of the Sun was 5.57 billion years ago? It is now 330,000 times bigger that the Earth, according to this article.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree