If the world was really 10,000 years old:

If the world was really 10,000 years old:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
10 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
If we had believed in evolution from the begining of creation, we would still be going into caves to get out of the weather and shiitting behind bushes. That is because we would have been waiting for evolution to do something we should be doing.

Thank God, our ancestors believed and taught that we were created in the image of God with the ability to creat ...[text shortened]... g. But due to the economy, I have the push-button type; besides, it gives me a little exercise.
your ancestors believed in many different gods and many different myth stories.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
10 Jun 12
1 edit

A better one has come along. You can read it in the first book of the Holy Bible. It is called creation and that is the one I accept.
unfortunately for you, that is not a better one. that is an outdated one which evolution replaced by presenting a superior explanation for everything contained in the bible concerning origin of species.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
that is no so, by definition.
How so?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 12

unfortunately for you, that is not a better one. that is an outdated one which evolution replaced by presenting a superior explanation for everything contained in the bible concerning origin of species.
Now after the discovery of DNA in the cell, the fairy tale of evolution for grownups can be filed in the fiction section of the library, where it belongs.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Jun 12

Now after the discovery of DNA in the cell, the fairy tale of evolution for grownups can be filed in the fiction section of the library, where it belongs.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
your uninformed opinions have no worth.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
How so?
belief requires a conviction/confidence of truth. acceptance of something until it is disproved or falsified does not imply confidence or conviction in the truth of that something.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
11 Jun 12

belief requires a conviction/confidence of truth. acceptance of something until it is disproved or falsified does not imply confidence or conviction in the truth of that something.
I don't see how one can accept a scientific theory without having at least some confidence that it is true.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I don't see how one can accept a scientific theory without having at least some confidence that it is true.
if they have confidence that it is true, then they have a belief. belief requires acceptance, acceptance does not require belief.

it should be noted that the phrase "reasonable belief" is sometimes used synonymously with the concept of acceptance by those who are unwilling to give up the term "belief"

this is a good article on critical rationalism, if you care to understand why belief is not required.
http://www.iep.utm.edu/cr-ratio/

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 12

your uninformed opinions have no worth.
How about my informed opinion? Does it have worth?

n

Moves
11 Jun 12

How about my informed opinion? Does it have worth?
The only informed opinion you ever give is when your mouth remains closed.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by nook7
The only informed opinion you ever give is when your mouth remains closed.
I have given a huge amount of informed opinions on this website without opening my mouth.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!

n

Moves
11 Jun 12

I have given a huge amount of informed opinions on this website without opening my mouth.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
Case in point.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Jun 12

beliefs are a mental illness.
You are out to lunch...you believe the universe is how old? You believe life
came from non-life? You believe when you walk out to your car it will start
when you turn the key? We are creatures of faith and beliefs, we try to base
our faith and beliefs on that which we think is solid and true which we don't
always do in science or religion.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jun 12

Originally posted by nook7
Case in point.
How do you like KellyJay's opinion?

n

Moves
11 Jun 12

How do you like KellyJay's opinion?
l like that KellyJay holds true (from of the posts l have read over the years) to the beliefs that his religion tells him to exhibit.

And l respect him for this.

l do not agree with them , however l respect them.

You on the otherhand are an assclown of the highest order and l fart in your general direction.