1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 03:12
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    SwissGambit,
    We don't understand who God is unless He tells us who He is.
    Ummm...you just got through telling me about how cruel he said he would be.

You seem confused.
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 05:23
    SwissGambit,
    What I want you to see is that God is not 1 way only. He is muti-faceted.

He will punish sinners, and He will save sinners in Christ at the same time. But what human knows how many more facets Gos has to Himself? So, why do you disbelieve both
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 05:282 edits
    SwissGambit,
    What I want you to see is that God is not 1 way only. He is muti-faceted.

He will punish sinners, and He will save sinners in Christ at the same time. But what human knows how many more facets Gos has to Himself? So, why do you disbelieve both
    I do not believe because I think it far more likely than men invented hell to keep people in line. Think about it. Say you are trying to think of the most severe threat of punishment possible. Is there a worse threat? Eternal suffering. Hard to top that.

I think it worked back in the day, when people had less hope of a fulfilling existence, and looked to the afterlife for hope. But now, in today's times, the hand is overplayed. It is too obviously mind control designed to steer us into belief out of fear.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 05:32
    Dear People,
    How long will you discredit God's ways shown in the bible? Will you do so long enough until it is too late to be redeemed? How long will you deny that God in the bible will do what He wants to do even though it may go against our wants. Christ is the way to eternal life.

King James Version
    ==================
    John 3: 14-18
    And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 05:38
    SwissGambit,
    A person who believes in Christ for salvation will lose nothing of his soul by God if that believer was wrong, But if you don't believe in Christ, and you are wrong, then you will suffer eternally.

What is more valuable to you? Your pleasure in life to do all that you can do for your short life span, or your eternal soul to have peace with God for eternity?

What is your desire? What do you want most of all.
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 05:44
    SwissGambit,
    I have my own problems and my own questions about my destiny, but I want God to be my God, no matter how much messed up I am. And by human standards, I am messed up. My eternity means more to me than this human life in which I wish that I was not having to go through. I suffer daily, but I want more than this hateful life offers. I want God. I want Christ.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 22:03
    SwissGambit,
    A person who believes in Christ for salvation will lose nothing of his soul by God if that believer was wrong, But if you don't believe in Christ, and you are wrong, then you will suffer eternally.

What is more valuable to you? Your pleasure in life to do all that you can do for your short life span, or your eternal soul to have peace with God for eternity?

What is your desire? What do you want most of all.
    Truth isn't dependent on my desires. If there is no afterlife, then yearning for the afterlife is an utter waste of time. It is my best determination, given the evidence, that this physical life is all we have.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 22:04
    SwissGambit,
    I have my own problems and my own questions about my destiny, but I want God to be my God, no matter how much messed up I am. And by human standards, I am messed up. My eternity means more to me than this human life in which I wish that I was not having to go through. I suffer daily, but I want more than this hateful life offers. I want God. I want Christ.
    If that is what you want, then go for it. Follow your own path. Just don't expect that everyone else's path should be the same.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 22:32
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Truth isn't dependent on my desires. If there is no afterlife, then yearning for the afterlife is an utter waste of time. It is my best determination, given the evidence, that this physical life is all we have.
    I would bet that you don't know even 1% of all the knowledge available in the world. I suspect your knowledge of an afterlife would be even less than that. So if I were you I were you I would not put to much faith in "my best determination" about the afterlife, given the evidence is not complete.

Have you ever heard of stories of the afterlife from those that were dead and brought back to life? I would not be too quick to dismiss all of them as just crackpots.
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 05:07
    SwissGambit,
    Not preparing your soul for eternity is a (I want to say foolish, if God will allow me) way to live your human life. You have no idea whether you have a living soul or not. You do not experience it with your 5 senses.

Furthermore, you don't know many things of your future if you live on this earth longer, yet they will occur. You may think to prepare for them or you may ignore preparing for them, but they will occur. Why not prepare for a future that relates to your soul out of wisdom that can even be gained in your human life time?

John 8: 23, 24
    And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 14:15
    Whatever we do, joking about the bible will not change God into "our wishes" for ourselves or other people. Please don't joke or make light of what the bible tells for your own sakes. Even if you don't believe, joking may be mockery to God.
    Please, give me a break!!! Mocking God, ok water under the bridge, i know He is bigger than that. But not having fun with the bible. God's humor is all over the place in it. You are way too serious!!! I love the part where the donkey talks. And they think Shrek is original.

What of the humor of God when He goes after Moses. Ok mister smarty pants, mister all logical (like the J. W.s) here is a burning bush that is not consumed, figure that one out. Or my favorite, Jonah. Yup, i'ld poop my pants too if i saw a guy get puked out of a fish.
  12. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 14:19
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Please, give me a break!!! Mocking God, ok water under the bridge, i know He is bigger than that. But not having fun with the bible. God's humor is all over the place in it. You are way too serious!!! I love the part where the donkey talks. And they think Shrek is original.

What of the humor of God when He goes after Moses. Ok mister smarty pants, mist ...[text shortened]... out. Or my favorite, Jonah. Yup, i'ld poop my pants too if i saw a guy get puked out of a fish.
    😀
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 14:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I would bet that you don't know even 1% of all the knowledge available in the world. I suspect your knowledge of an afterlife would be even less than that. So if I were you I were you I would not put to much faith in "my best determination" about the afterlife, given the evidence is not complete.

Have you ever heard of stories of the afterlife from thos ...[text shortened]... ad and brought back to life? I would not be too quick to dismiss all of them as just crackpots.
    R. J. this is benieth you. Why allow mockery to rule your thinking. We are all in the same boat. You and i don't have 1 % of the knowledge in the world, and we don't have all the answers either.
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 14:20
    Originally posted by CalJust
    😀
    thanks for the face, ha, ha.
  15. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 15:25
    I don't think that God had a donkey talk because He was trying to be funny. A great fish putting out Jonah, why would God intend that to be funny? The bible does show that God is holy, but it doesn't show God is funny or a joker.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree