1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 21:451 edit
    Originally posted by FischerMH
    Further, it is a religion based on violence.
    Have you ever read the Old Testament?

Didn't God's chosen people commit horrible acts of violence in his name and at his command?
  2. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 21:531 edit
    The Muslim religion is obviously false, in that it was started by a man that led an unholy life. Further, it is a religion based on violence.

Thus, I am not afraid of Allah condemning me to hell. He has no power over me unless I allow his evil to affect me. I pray that Our Blessed Lady will protect me from him.
    If the Muslim religion were obviously false, then not so many people would believe it. It may be false, but its falsity isn't obvious, at least not to the multitude.

That Muhammad let an unholy life doesn't imply his theology was false. After all, God could be omnipotent, omniscient, but not very nice either.

"Based on violence" is a vague generalization--and arguably pejorative, especially from a religion that supported the Crusades and the Inquisition. But it isn't incompatible with Allah's existence either.

You seem to believe that Allah exists, apart from God, as opposed to being a false account of the One God in whom you do believe. That's interestingly idiosyncratic of you.
  3. Joined
    05 Aug '01
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 21:56
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Have you ever read the Old Testament?

Didn't God's chosen people commit horrible acts of violence in his name and at his command?
    Yes and No
  4. Joined
    05 Aug '01
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 22:00
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    If the Muslim religion were obviously false, then not so many people would believe it. It may be false, but its falsity isn't obvious, at least not to the multitude.

That Muhammad let an unholy life doesn't imply his theology was false. After all, God could be omnipotent, omniscient, but not very nice either.

"Based on violence" is a vague general ...[text shortened]... account of the One God in whom you do believe. That's interestingly idiosyncratic of you.
    Numbers do not make right.

The Crusades were defensive wars and the inquisition in theory and most of the time in practice was justified. Read Belloc for the true perspective.

Besides the Crusaders and Inquisitors were not the founders of the Church. Our Lord, the second person of the Holy Trinity, founded the Church and his life was sinless.

Allah is the devil.
  5. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 22:11

The Crusades were defensive wars and the inquisition in theory and most of the time in practice was justified. Read Belloc for the true perspective.

Besides the Crusaders and Inquisitors were not the founders of the Church. Our Lord, the second person of the Holy Trinity, founded the Church and his life was sinless.

Allah is the devil.
    I never claimed numbers make a right. That's don't prove Allah isn't going to send you to hell for not believing in him.

There is still plenty of evidence, in the Crusades alone, of a shameful association between violence and Christianity. I wouldn't like to put myself in the position of using it as a recommendation for Christianity, would you? And yes, the Inquisition wasn't all bad; but certainly it had it's shameful moments too.

Why is Allah the devil?
  6. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 22:18
    Oh that is precious, my arrogance. LOL
    So you believe in ernest that Jesus would behave similarly to you
    if He were posting in this forum, using terms like 'moronic' or
    suggestion people are 'lacking intelligence.'

Nemesio
  7. Joined
    05 Aug '01
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 22:27
    Originally posted by Nemesio

Nemesio
    No, I do not think He would be posting on a forum.
  8. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 22:30
    Originally posted by Nemesio

Nemesio
    Well, that Jesus guy did stir up some trouble at the temple, I believe. What was that about bringing, not peace, but a sword?
  9. Joined
    05 Aug '01
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 22:31
    I never claimed numbers make a right. That's don't prove Allah isn't going to send you to hell for not believing in him.

There is still plenty of evidence, in the Crusades alone, of a shameful association between violence and Christianity. I wouldn't like to put myself in the position of using it as a recommendation for Christianity, would you? And y ...[text shortened]... wasn't all bad; but certainly it had it's shameful moments too.

Why is Allah the devil?
    Allah is the devil, because he is a spirit that is not God nor an angel. He has set himself up as a false God, therefore he is against the true God.

As in any war, there are some soldiers that commit sins. That does not make the Crusades immoral or wrong. The Inquisition shameful moments were far out weighed by its goos moments.
  10. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 22:32
    No, I do not think He would be posting on a forum.
    Ye shall not know the day, nor the hour.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 22:37
    The Crusades were defensive wars
    You must be kidding!
  12. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 22:46
    Allah is the devil, because he is a spirit that is not God nor an angel. He has set himself up as a false God, therefore he is against the true God.

As in any war, there are some soldiers that commit sins. That does not make the Crusades immoral or wrong. The Inquisition shameful moments were far out weighed by its goos moments.
    Well, I think we'll have to agree to disagree about the morality of the Crusades.

So, you believe Allah is not God misdescribed, but an independent spirit. What is the evidence of his existence?
  13. Joined
    05 Aug '01
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 23:06
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    You must be kidding!
    Lets see, the Muslims invaded the Holy Land, Africa and Europe. To me that is an offensive immoral war. The Crusades attempted to reclaim the lands that the butchers took. That seems to me to be a defensive war.

Now the Muslims are attacking the US and Europe. History does repeat itself. Too bad that we did not learn. If we did, we would not allow our enemy to live among us.
  14. Joined
    05 Aug '01
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 23:06
    Well, I think we'll have to agree to disagree about the morality of the Crusades.

So, you believe Allah is not God misdescribed, but an independent spirit. What is the evidence of his existence?
    That so many worship him.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    02 Sep '06 23:10

Allah is the devil.
    This post says it all. Live out your life in ignorance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree