1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 16:472 edits
    If you were God, what would the universe look like? Would you have created the heavens and the earth? Would you have created living beings as well as creating man? Would they be created in your image or reflect you in any way? How would you interact with that creation if you chose to create it? Would you love what you had created, hate it, or be indifferent to it? Would they have free will? Or would you just assume not interact with them at all and just watch amusingly on the sidelines?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 17:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    If you were God, what would the universe look like? Would you have created the heavens and the earth? Would you have created living beings as well as creating man? How would you interact with that creation if you chose to create it? Would you love what you had created, hate it, or be indifferent to it? Would they have free will? Or would you just assume not interact with them at all and just watch amusingly on the sidelines.
    If I was God and I created a race of humans who I claimed to love more than all other creations, I would at least reveal myself to them and provide proof of my existence so that 95% of them wouldn't have to burn in hell when all is said and done.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 17:20
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If I was God and I created a race of humans who I claimed to love more than all other creations, I would at least reveal myself to them and provide proof of my existence so that 95% of them wouldn't have to burn in hell when all is said and done.
    So you would ensure that all of creation had no doubts as to your existence as did Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. Very well, but what of free will? Do you force them to behave in any manner in relation interactions with you or just let them do thier own thing?
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 17:25
    So you would ensure that all of creation had no doubts as to your existence as did Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. Very well, but what of free will? Do you force them to behave in any manner in relation interactions with you or just let them do thier own thing?
    Of course I would give them free will and let them do their own thing. Why would I or anyone else be interested in a society of automatons? I could just build an antfarm and watch that for thousands of years.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 17:42
    Of course I would give them free will and let them do their own thing. Why would I or anyone else be interested in a society of automatons? I could just build an antfarm and watch that for thousands of years.
    So you would choose not to interact with creation, rather, just watch them go about their business unconcerned about their welfare? Their value to you is as comparable as an ant?
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 17:44
    So you would choose not to interact with creation, rather, just watch them go about their business unconcerned about their welfare? Their value to you is as comparable as an ant?
    How did you get all that from what I said? 😕

If you have a point, please get to it immediately. I will waste no more time with this ridiculous banter.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 17:54
    Is there an underlying point to this exercise, whodey?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:063 edits
    How did you get all that from what I said? 😕

If you have a point, please get to it immediately. I will waste no more time with this ridiculous banter.
    You said you could just build an ant farm and watch them for thousands of years. That was my interpretation of what you had said. If I am wrong you are free to clarify.

What is my point? I just think its is a fun excercise. It's kinda like watching people rail against a politician who they say may not even exist, but when confronted with the same issues and put in the same role, can they do any better? Could you improve upon reality?
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:21
    You said you could just build an ant farm and watch them for thousands of years. That was my interpretation of what you had said. If I am wrong you are free to clarify.

What is my point? I just think its is a fun excercise. It's kinda like watching people rail against a politician who they say may not even exist, but when confronted with the same issues when put in the same role, can they do any better? Could you improve upon reality?
    "Why would I or anyone else be interested in a society of automatons? I could just build an antfarm and watch that for thousands of years."

What I meant was that if I wanted a society of automatons, I could just build an antfarm, comparing such a society to the banal daily routine of ants. Obviously, this is not something that I would want as the main characteristic of my "great creation".

"It's kinda like watching people rail against a politician who they say may not even exist, but when confronted with the same issues when put in the same role, can they do any better? Could you improve upon reality"

What are you talking about? A politician that may not exist? 😕 I could indeed improve over our current reality by employing the startegy stated in my first post. To make things that much better, I wouldn't require all of my creation to worship me and praise me like some bizarre egomaniac. It would be a society free of religious disputes and conflicts.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:22

What is my point? I just think its is a fun excercise. It's kinda like watching people rail against a politician who they say may not even exist, but when confronted with the same issues and put in the same role, can they do any better? Could you improve upon reality?
    Any god worthy of the name could do better than the incompetant christian god.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:31
    To make things that much better, I wouldn't require all of my creation to worship me and praise me like some bizarre egomaniac. It would be a society free of religious disputes and conflicts.[/b]
    So you are required to worship and praise God? Since when?

You also say that there would also be a society free of conflict and disputes? This could only occur if our wills never conflicted in any way, no?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:33
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Any god worthy of the name could do better than the incompetant christian god.
    So do you have any input other than the Christian God is incompetent? It's like saying a politian is incompetitent but not saying why or not providing a better solution. Remember you are in charge now. So now what boss?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:371 edit

What I meant was that if I wanted a society of automatons, I could just build an antfarm, comparing such a society to the banal daily routine of ants. Obviously, this is not something that I would want as the main characteristic of my "great creation".
    So you don't want creation regulated to a banal and automated existence but at the same time without conflict or disputes?
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:39
    Are you suggesting that Adam and Eve did not have free will?
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:411 edit
    So you are required to worship and praise God? Since when?

You also say that there would also be a society free of conflict and disputes? This could only occur if our wills never conflicted in any way, no?
    LOL. Are you trying to tell me that the Christian Bible is overstating the importance of giving all glory to God and singing his praises, etc.? I suppose David was well-liked by God for his great sheepherding skills?

"You also say that there would also be a society free of conflict and disputes? This could only occur if our wills never conflicted in any way, no?"

No, I didn't. I said that it would be a society free of religious disputes and conflicts. I would imagine that no society of free willed human beings would be free of personal or political conflicts. If people have philosophical differences with respect to me (as their creator) I would offer a toll-free 1-800 number and have a crack staff of angels working 24/7 to provide all answers with respect to my existence. my expectations and the purpose of human life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree