In The Beginning

In The Beginning

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
These spitual things would include things like the Kingdom of God in Heaven, God's throne, cherubim, seraphim, angels, Hell, Lucifer or Satan and demons.
Yeah but God's Kingdom has always been I would think in one form or another.
And yes you are right he created all the angels which would include the angel that turned against God and made himself into the devil.
But hell? Why would he create or make that in the beginning? Was there a need for it then?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Aug 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Yeah but God's Kingdom has always been I would think in one form or another.
And yes you are right he created all the angels which would include the angel that turned against God and made himself into the devil.
But hell? Why would he create or make that in the beginning? Was there a need for it then?
I do not believe "In the beginning" in Genesis is referring to the beginning of all spiritual and physical things, only physical things. As far as I know, the Holy Bible says nothing about the beginning of the spiritual Realm or if it had a beginning. It appears that this is left up to our imaginations or perhaps it is something that is planned for our future learning and entertainment.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Aug 12

I do not agree with your teacher. I believe it is describing the Earth in the unfinshed condition when the land was completely covered with water and void of any living thing. The Earth is NOT described as being good and then being bad, because God did not finish it on that first day. For it was not until the third day that God made the dry land appear by ...[text shortened]... ess and void of living things and [b]God saw it was good.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord![/b]
The Teacher said that the cataclysmic event with satan being cast down happened between verse 1 and 2, thereby explaining satan's tampering with creation. Of course this is just theory as I mentioned, but he believed it. He also mentioned that millions of years could have elapsed between the two verses.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 12

We were not given the details of the spiritual creations of God in this account, because this account is beginning with the physical creations of God. The spiritual creations of God were already completed when this account begins. I see no other way to read it.
I don't see that, as I said I see in the beginning God created the Heavens and
the Earth, so unless your telling me the beginning is not the beginning I see them
coming up together at the same time, but since there is a lack of detail on that
matter I would not want to argue the point either way.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Amazing how you discuss this stuff almost like it was real instead of fairy tales for the weak.
People discuss things they believe to be true about the beginning all the time as
they do evolution too, and what they are saying may not be true either. I discuss
this as if it were true, because I believe it is.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Aug 12
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
the Earth, so unless your telling me the beginning is not the beginning I see them
coming up together at the same time, but since there is a lack of detail on that
Kelly
Don't you believe the serpent that tempted Eve in the Garden of eden was possessed by Satan the Devil? Satan is an invisible spirit creature, right? There is nothing in this beginnings account that says spirit creatures were also created during this beginnings time. So it makes more sense to me that this is an account of only the creation of the physical universe. Everything is going Good in this physical universe until this spiritual creature comes out of nowhere and possesses the body of the serpent. Everyone knows that a serpent does not have the ability to speak on its own.

P.S. John sees a vision of a dragon and it is identified as that old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan. (Revelation 12:9 and 20:2)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 12

Don't you believe the serpent that tempted Eve in the Garden of eden was possessed by Satan the Devil? Satan is an invisible spirit creature, right? There is nothing in this beginnings account that says spirit creatures were also created during this beginnings time. So it makes more sense to me that this is an account of only the creation of the physical ...[text shortened]... y of the serpent. Everyone knows that a serpent does not have the ability to speak on its own.
I agree nothing was said about it, that does not mean that it didn't happen only
that nothing was said about it. You are assuming things because....the truth is
nothing was said, we don't know, what we do know is in the beginning God did
create two things....even there we can glean that not everything about both the
heavens or the earth were clearly shown as to what God at first.

God created the Heavens and the Earth,, yet we see when getting more detail that
there was water on the earth....it didn't say God created the Heavens, Earth, and
water....but it was there in the beginning....we were not given details and I don't
like running a head and assuming things I cannot back up in scripture or other
places when trying to come up with the truth.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Aug 12
1 edit

I agree nothing was said about it, that does not mean that it didn't happen only
that nothing was said about it. You are assuming things because....the truth is
nothing was said, we don't know, what we do know is in the beginning God did
create two things....even there we can glean that not everything about both the
heavens or the earth were clearly sho I cannot back up in scripture or other
places when trying to come up with the truth.
Kelly
But you are assuming that the Heaven where God's throne is and where God dwells was not in existence until God created them in the beginning mentioned in Genesis. You seem to be assuming that the heavens mentioned there, includes the spiritual Heaven to me.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Aug 12

Everyone knows that a serpent does not have the ability to speak on its own.

Yep.

... only snakes possessed by imaginery creatures can talk ....

😞

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 12

But you are assuming that the Heaven where God's throne is and where God dwells was not in existence until God created them in the beginning mentioned in Genesis. You seem to be assuming that the heavens mentioned there, includes the spiritual Heaven to me.
I'm sorry show me where I said that?
Kelly

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Aug 12

The Bible refers to many heavens:

Outer space.

The physical “heavens” extend through earth’s atmosphere and beyond to the regions of outer space with their stellar bodies, “all the army of the heavens”—sun, moon, stars, and constellations. (De 4:19; Isa 13:10; 1Co 15:40, 41; Heb 11:12) The first verse of the Bible describes the creation of such starry heavens prior to the development of earth for human habitation. (Ge 1:1) These heavens show forth God’s glory, even as does the expanse of atmosphere, being the work of God’s “fingers.” (Ps 8:3; 19:1-6) The divinely appointed “statutes of the heavens” control all such celestial bodies. Astronomers, despite their modern equipment and advanced mathematical knowledge, are still unable to comprehend these statutes fully. (Job 38:33; Jer 33:25) Their findings, however, confirm the impossibility of man’s placing a measurement upon such heavens or of counting the stellar bodies. (Jer 31:37; 33:22; see STAR.) Yet they are numbered and named by God.—Ps 147:4; Isa 40:26.

“Midheaven” and ‘extremities of heavens.’

The expression “midheaven” applies to the region within earth’s expanse of atmosphere where birds, such as the eagle, fly. (Re 8:13; 14:6; 19:17; De 4:11 [Heb., “heart of the heavens”]) Somewhat similar is the expression “between the earth and the heavens.” (1Ch 21:16; 2Sa 18:9) The advance of Babylon’s attackers from “the extremity of the heavens” evidently means their coming to her from the distant horizon (where earth and sky appear to meet and the sun appears to rise and set). (Isa 13:5; compare Ps 19:4-6.) Similarly “from the four extremities of the heavens” apparently refers to four points of the compass, thus indicating a coverage of the four quarters of the earth. (Jer 49:36; compare Da 8:8; 11:4; Mt 24:31; Mr 13:27.) As the heavens surround the earth on all sides, Jehovah’s vision of everything “under the whole heavens” embraces all the globe.—Job 28:24.

Spiritual Heavens.

The same original-language words used for the physical heavens are also applied to the spiritual heavens. As has been seen, Jehovah God does not reside in the physical heavens, being a Spirit. However, since he is “the High and Lofty One” who resides in “the height” (Isa 57:15), the basic sense of that which is “lifted up” or “lofty” expressed in the Hebrew-language word makes it appropriate to describe God’s “lofty abode of holiness and beauty.” (Isa 63:15; Ps 33:13, 14; 115:3) As the Maker of the physical heavens (Ge 14:19; Ps 33:6), Jehovah is also their Owner. (Ps 115:15, 16) Whatever is his pleasure to do in them, he does, including miraculous acts.—Ps 135:6.

In many texts, therefore, the “heavens” stand for God himself and his sovereign position. His throne is in the heavens, that is, in the spirit realm over which he also rules. (Ps 103:19-21; 2Ch 20:6; Mt 23:22; Ac 7:49) From his supreme or ultimate position, Jehovah, in effect, ‘looks down’ upon the physical heavens and earth (Ps 14:2; 102:19; 113:6), and from this lofty position also speaks, answers petitions, and renders judgment. (1Ki 8:49; Ps 2:4-6; 76:8; Mt 3:17) So we read that Hezekiah and Isaiah, in the face of a grave threat, “kept praying . . . and crying to the heavens for aid.” (2Ch 32:20; compare 2Ch 30:27.) Jesus, too, used the heavens as representing God when asking the religious leaders whether the source of John’s baptism was “from heaven or from men.” (Mt 21:25; compare Joh 3:27.) The prodigal son confessed to having sinned “against heaven” as well as against his own father. (Lu 15:18, 21) “The kingdom of the heavens,” then, means not merely that it is based in and rules from the spiritual heavens but also that it is “the kingdom of God.”—Da 2:44; Mt 4:17; 21:43; 2Ti 4:18.

Also because of God’s heavenly position, both men and angels raised hands or faces toward the heavens in calling upon him to act (Ex 9:22, 23; 10:21, 22), in swearing to an oath (Da 12:7), and in prayer (1Ki 8:22, 23; La 3:41; Mt 14:19; Joh 17:1). At Deuteronomy 32:40 Jehovah speaks of himself as ‘raising his hand to heaven in an oath.’ In harmony with Hebrews 6:13, this evidently means that Jehovah swears by himself.—Compare Isa 45:23.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Aug 12

I'm sorry show me where I said that?
Kelly
In reply to my post below:

We were not given the details of the spiritual creations of God in this account, because this account is beginning with the physical creations of God. The spiritual creations of God were already completed when this account begins. I see no other way to read it.

You write:

coming up together at the same time
, but since there is a lack of detail on that
Kelly

What I get from the above is that you see the Creation of the Spiritual, which includes the Heaven where God and all the spirit beings dwell as happening at the same time. Am I misunderstanding you? Explain please.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 12
1 edit

[b]In reply to my post below:

You write:

I don't see that, as I said I see in ...[text shortened]... it beings dwell as happening at the same time. Am I misunderstanding you? Explain please.[/b][/b]
I'm saying the scripture says it, for me that is good enough, as I pointed out
to you more than once....details about that are not given and I'm not prone to
just filling in the blanks on no details. Your acting like an evolutionist here. 🙂
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Aug 12
2 edits

I'm saying the scripture says it, for me that is good enough, as I pointed out
to you more than once....details about that are not given and I'm not prone to
just filling in the blanks on no details. Your acting like an evolutionist here. 🙂
Kelly
Maybe, I am missing your point; but if you think the Genesis account is stating that the spiritual Heaven and creatures happened at the same time then you must be filling in the blanks, not me. I see nothing said about the spiritual Heaven and creatures there. There is nothing said about the creation of cherubim or seraphim or anything else associated with the spiritual Heaven. Therefore, I have left them out of this account just like Moses did and I am considering this just an account of the creation of the physical universe only.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Aug 12

....just filling in the blanks on no details. Your acting like an evolutionist here. 🙂
Don't make accusations you can't substantiate.