1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 15:13
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Eternity is comprised of endless moments that come and go. You seem to view an eternal universe as static in time. I don't.
    My view of time is one moment passing to the next, we live in "now" which is quite small, a tiny sliver of time whose beginning and ending occupy the same place, what is before and what is after are divided by this. You want to claim eternity is different, I actually believe we are about to wake up in the eternal once we get to the next life which will be without the limitations of now.

Now, until we see God as He really is, so He changes us, in this life time I have to ask questions like this, "What time is it?"
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 15:24
    @KellyJay

"... so the two big dodges revolve around God did it, or it happen a long time ago."

Why in the world can't both be true? It doesn't have to be one or the other. You're making it "one or the other".
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 15:29
    @kellyjay said
    Well the books are out there, and I have several. You have come to the place where all you have to say is your wrong go read a book, that is as good as it gets, okay, moving on.
    But can't you see that there is no reason why science cannot be right, and because of what we can see with our own eyes and instruments, it almost certainly has to be right? And that this does not negate there being a God? Why all the "my way or the highway"? Just like RJHinds before you, you're putting God into a little tiny box of your own design.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 15:51
    @suzianne said
    @KellyJay

"... so the two big dodges revolve around God did it, or it happen a long time ago."

Why in the world can't both be true? It doesn't have to be one or the other. You're making it "one or the other".
    They can be both true, but normally for some it is one or the other with and without God. I don't think really changes anything in the discussions. Slow guided evolution is creation, it is not the unguided process using natural laws. Personally, I think the longer time periods don't make sense if God did do it, why waist the time?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 15:521 edit
    @suzianne said
    But can't you see that there is no reason why science cannot be right, and because of what we can see with our own eyes and instruments, it almost certainly has to be right? And that this does not negate there being a God? Why all the "my way or the highway"? Just like RJHinds before you, you're putting God into a little tiny box of your own design.
    It is the truth that matters, and if blinders are applied so that only the material world is looked at for all answers, any answer outside of the material world even if it is required will not be acknowledge no matter how compelling.

Can you give a reason for the universe that resides with only the universe itself?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 15:59
    @suzianne said
    Science isn't always right, keeping in mind that when we say science says this or that it is really the people looking at thing and you know as well as I we are not perfect and can make mistakes, and we can avoid acknowledging things we don't want to see.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 17:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I was going for DiMaggio.
    I'll take it.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 18:49
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I'll take it.
    'Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio
    Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you...'
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 19:03
    @kellyjay said
    Can you give a reason for the universe that resides with only the universe itself?
    How do you define "a reason" in this question?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '19 20:02
    @fmf said
    How do you define "a reason" in this question?
    If you cannot work that out I'm not going to try and explain it to you.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Mar '19 20:46
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

'Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio
    Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you...'

That was years ago. Now they turn their lonely eyes toward Michael Jackson.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 00:36
    @kellyjay said
    If you cannot work that out I'm not going to try and explain it to you.
    I am asking you to define it, if you can.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 09:43
    @fmf said
    I am asking you to define it, if you can.
    Use your brain and work it out.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 10:09
    @kellyjay said
    Use your brain and work it out.
    I am asking you what you mean by using the words "a reason" in your question. I am asking you what you think. The answer is not in my head. The answer is in your head. I am asking you about what is in your head.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 10:132 edits
    @suzianne said
    We seem to have somewhat of a common perspective on stuff like this and I do notice that despite your partisan entrenchment (although I have noticed you going in on a few tackles recently, like this post), you are often more open to not taking some biblical scripture as a literal.

As I understand it the 6,000 years thing comes from OT genealogies doesn’t it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree