Incomes relative to Religions in USA.

Incomes relative to Religions in USA.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Being a loving and caring Christian is what personifies the ideal, please don't be so thoroughly tedious.
You just quoted Christ's counsel on eschewing "materialism". Isn't that a Christian "ideal" too?

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

why, isn't that obvious, 9 percent is the smallest of any of the denominations and there
must be a reason for it, how else are we to account for 46 percent of Jews and Hindus,
in comparison?
So do you interpret the stats in the OP to mean that Jehovah's Witnesses (9% earning over $100,000) are more "materialistic" than Black Christians (8% earning over $100,000)?

rc

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
You just quoted Christ's counsel on eschewing "materialism". Isn't that a Christian "ideal" too?
Its a piece of advice you are free to follow or reject.

rc

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
So do you interpret the stats in the OP to mean that Jehovah's Witnesses (9% earning over $100,000) are more "materialistic" than Black Christians (8% earning over $100,000)?
I do not recognise the division, there are many African American Jehovahs witnesses,
Black Christians is a nonsense as far as i am concerned, either one is a Christian or
one is not.

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

Its a piece of advice you are free to follow or reject.
Christ's counsel on "materialism" is either a Christian "ideal" or it's not. Are all members of your denomination free to reject it, assuming it is only "advice" and not an "ideal", and yet still be holding to Christian ideals?

rc

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Christ's counsel on "materialism" is either a Christian "ideal" or it's not. Are all members of your denomination free to reject it, assuming it is only "advice" and not an "ideal", and yet still be holding to Christian ideals?
That is for their consciences to decide. Gotta go to gym, lose a few pounds , bye.

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

I do not recognise the division, there are many African American Jehovahs witnesses,
Black Christians is a nonsense as far as i am concerned, either one is a Christian or
one is not.
Well presumably the "Black Christians" are not Jehovah's Witnesses as, if they were, then they would have been surveyed as "Jehovah's Witnesses". That would be the "division" that we clearly accept if we accept the survey findings at all. So do you interpret the stats to mean that Jehovah's Witnesses [of any ethnicity] are more "materialistic" than the Black Christians they surveyed?

rc

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Well presumably the "Black Christians" are not Jehovah's Witnesses as, if they were, then they would have been surveyed as "Jehovah's Witnesses". That would be the "division" that we clearly accept if we accept the survey findings at all. So do you interpret the stats to mean that Jehovah's Witnesses [of any ethnicity] are more "materialistic" than the Black Christians they surveyed?
I have stated i do not recognise the division, its a nonsense to me.

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

That is for their consciences to decide. Gotta go to gym, lose a few pounds , bye.
So if, as you claim, a person can be wealthy and yet not be the least bit materialistic, and then apply this to the 9% of Jehovah's Witnesses who earn over $100,000 a year, why can't it also be applied, for example, to the 13% of Evangelicals or the 16% of Mormons or the 19% of Catholics who also earn over $100,000 a year?

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

I have stated i do not recognise the division, its a nonsense to me.
Well the "division" is obviously "Jehovah's Witnesses" and "Black Christians (who are not Jehovah's Witnesses)".

If you now say that you "do not recognise the division" in the OP and reckon it is "nonsense", then why did you draw conclusions specifically about "materialism" with regard to the "division" called "Jehovah's Witnesses" and base those conclusions on the divisions and statistics laid out in the OP?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 12

one is not.
And of course, God forbid they actually be black, eh?

rc

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
And of course, God forbid they actually be black, eh?
actually, African Americans appear to me to be varying shades of brown, black is an
American appendage, we Europeans never think in these terms, Hispanic, black or any
other designation that you wish to utilise to classify people, your country is racially
divided, that is why you need these designations, we as christians, have no use for
them. When is the most racially divided time in America? Sunday morning when its
time for church, or chuch, depending on where your at, you know its true.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 12

actually, African Americans appear to me to be varying shades of brown, black is an
American appendage, we Europeans never think in these terms, Hispanic, black or any
other designation that you wish to utilise to classify people, your country is racially
divided, that is why you need these designations, we as christians, have no use for
them ...[text shortened]... day morning when its
time for church, or chuch, depending on where your at, you know its true.
or Kingdom Hall, no doubt.

rc

Moves
04 Sep 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
or Kingdom Hall, no doubt.
I am afraid not, one world wide brotherhood, as it should be.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 12

I am afraid not, one world wide brotherhood, as it should be.
Oohhhhhhh, no no no no.

You're not gonna get away with that here.

I tell you what. You go to your next regularly scheduled service at your Kingdom Hall and you count for me the number of African-Americans there and report back to me with what percentage of your congregation they represent.

I'll frankly be shocked if it's more than 10%.