1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 10:07
    Originally posted by mikelom
    “Income levels of America’s major religious groups compared to the average U.S. income distribution.
    Over $100,000 per year:”

8% Black Christians
    9% of Jehovah’s Witnesses
    13% of Evangelicals
    16% Mormons
    16% Muslim
    18% National Average
    18% (Other)
    19% Unaffiliated
    19% Catholic
    21% Christian (Mainline)
    22% Buddhist
    23% Christian (other)
    28% ...[text shortened]... the USA...... ahum?

What say ye white American Christians about this diversive?

-m. 🙁
    What are trying to show here, someone’s work ethic is better, or that somehow someone is cheating?
    Kelly
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 10:491 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What are trying to show here, someone’s work ethic is better, or that somehow someone is cheating?
    Kelly
    That Jehovahs witnesses are the least materialistic of all denominations. Why? because
    they heed the counsel of the Christ, not top be storing up treasures, where moth and
    rust consume.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 10:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    That Jehovahs witnesses are the least materialistic of all denominations. Why? because
    they heed the counsel of the Christ, not top be storing up treasures, where moth and
    rust consume.
    Why would there be any at all with over $100,000 per year?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 11:183 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why would there be any at all with over $100,000 per year?
    Perhaps they are part time judges, lawyers, doctors, persons with businesses. Perhaps
    they are materialistic, but nine percent compared to 46% of Jews and Hindu's is highly
    significant. It is of course no coincidence that what we teach with regard to the
    acquisition of material wealth has a bearing on our income, as the study clearly indicates.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 11:25
    Perhaps they are part time judges, lawyers, doctors, persons with businesses. Perhaps
    they are materialistic, but nine percent compared to 46% of Jews and Hindu's is highly
    significant. It is of course no coincidence that what we teach with regard to the
    acquisition of material wealth has a bearing on our income, as the study clearly indicates.
    In your view, are the Jehovah's Witnesses who are the most materialistic, say those that earn more than $100,000, therefore the least characteristic in terms of both the reality and the ideal for Jehovah's Witnesses?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 11:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    In your view, are the Jehovah's Witnesses who are the most materialistic, say those that earn more than $100,000, therefore the least characteristic in terms of both the reality and the ideal for Jehovah's Witnesses?
    Its up to their consciences what they do, never the less, they are, as the study
    demonstrates, not typical, representing only 9 percent over all, I thought this fact
    would be self evident from the figures, apparently not. The ideal is to be a loving and
    caring Christian, wealth or lack of has absolutely no bearing on this capacity.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 11:42
    Its up to their consciences what they do, never the less, they are, as the study
    demonstrates, not typical, representing only 9 percent over all, I thought this fact
    would be self evident from the figures, apparently not. The ideal is to be a loving and
    caring Christian, wealth or lack of has absolutely no bearing on this capacity.
    You said that Jehovah's Witnesses are the least materialistic of all denominations "because they heed the counsel of the Christ" not to be materialistic. So I don't quite see how a couple of posts later you can claim that "wealth or lack of has absolutely no bearing" on their capacity to be a Christian, and to be a Christian who follows Christ's counsel that you cited.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 11:45
    would be self evident from the figures, apparently not.
    By being "not typical", in terms of their materialism, are the 9% who earn over $100,000 a year further away from the ideals that are manifested in Jehovah's Witnesses who make up the other 81%, or indeed those who earn considerably less?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 12:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    By being "not typical", in terms of their materialism, are the 9% who earn over $100,000 a year further away from the ideals that are manifested in Jehovah's Witnesses who make up the other 81%, or indeed those who earn considerably less?
    I have already answered this, i will not do so again, what is it about the ideals of being
    a loving and caring Christian are not dependent upon wealth or lack of that you do not
    understand?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 12:041 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You said that Jehovah's Witnesses are the least materialistic of all denominations "because they heed the counsel of the Christ" not to be materialistic. So I don't quite see how a couple of posts later you can claim that "wealth or lack of has absolutely no bearing" on their capacity to be a Christian, and to be a Christian who follows Christ's counsel that you cited.
    One can be wealthy and not be the least materialistic, one can be poor and be
    materialistic, materialism is not dependent upon wealth or lack of, its a state of mind. I
    realise that this takes some spiritual comprehension to understand, perhaps that's why
    you are having difficulties, these things being examined, spiritually.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 12:07
    One can be wealthy and not be the least materialistic, one can be poor and be materialistic, materialism is not dependent upon wealth or lack of, its a state of mind. I realise that this takes some spiritual comprehension to understand, perhaps that's why you are having difficulties, these things are examined, spiritually.
    If, as you say, "[o]ne can be wealthy and not be the least materialistic, one can be poor and be materialistic, materialism is not dependent upon wealth or lack of", then why did you draw conclusions specifically about "materialism" from the statistics about "wealth" in the OP?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 12:13
    I have already answered this, i will not do so again, what is it about the ideals of being
    a loving and caring Christian are not dependent upon wealth or lack of that you do not
    understand?
    Because I am not talking about the "loving and caring" aspect of being a Christian that you have since introduced. I am talking specifically about what you claimed to be Christ's counsel with regard to "materialism" which is another aspect of being a Christian, and the one I am asking you about. Are the 9% of people in your denomination who earn over $100,000 annually, more remote from - or in danger of being more remote from - the ideal that less wealthy Jehovah's Witnesses perhaps personify in their efforts to follow the counsel of Christ about "materialism" that you yourself quoted earlier?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 12:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    If, as you say, "[o]ne can be wealthy and not be the least materialistic, one can be poor and be materialistic, materialism is not dependent upon wealth or lack of", then why did you draw conclusions specifically about "materialism" from the statistics about "wealth" in the OP?
    why, isn't that obvious, 9 percent is the smallest of any of the denominations and there
    must be a reason for it, how else are we to account for 46 percent of Jews and Hindus,
    in comparison? I believe that its a materialistic disposition, for we are counselled to
    avoid materialism, this is the reason for the disparity, you are of course free to dispute
    the claim, but its my belief, or offer your own reasons.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 12:161 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because I am not talking about the "loving and caring" aspect of being a Christian that you have since introduced. I am talking specifically about what you claimed to be Christ's counsel with regard to "materialism" which is another aspect of being a Christian, and the one I am asking you about. Are the 9% of people in your denomination who earn over $100,000 an ts to follow the counsel of Christ about "materialism" that you yourself quoted earlier?
    you asked abut the ideal, i told you what the ideal was, you have no idea what you are
    talking about to be honest, remote??? the less wealthy personify the ideal? clearly you
    have not the slightest idea what you are talking about. Being a loving and caring
    Christian is what personifies the ideal, please don't be so thoroughly tedious.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 12:19
    why, isn't that obvious, 9 percent is the smallest of any of the denominations and there
    must be a reason for it, how else are we to account for 46 percent of Jews and Hindus,
    in comparison? I believe that its a materialistic disposition, for we are counselled to
    avoid materialism, this is the reason for the disparity, you are of course free to dispute
    the claim, but its my belief, or offer your own reasons.
    You've just said, and I quote, "One can be wealthy and not be the least materialistic, one can be poor and be materialistic, materialism is not dependent upon wealth or lack of". So if this true for the 9% of Jehovah's Witnesses who earn over $100,000 a year, why can't it also be true of the
    13% of Evangelicals or the 16% of Mormons or the 19% of Catholics, for instance, who do the same?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree