1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 14:42
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    And if your god-given gift is using your position as CEO to buy a bunch of stock options and then lay off a bunch of workers so that your stock goes up, that's just good old fashioned hard work. 😞

[And please note: the CEO hasn't done anything with the money yet.]
    he was claiming earning money automatically makes one satan's pet toy. i was debunking that by telling him earning money (in an honest fashion, thought that was obvious) doesn't make one evil

do you honestly believe i am claiming that bonking people over the head and mugging them or stealing old ladies pension funds is being a good christian?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 14:431 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    You saying blacks don't work hard? 🙄

Whoa! 😞

-m.
    i was making a different point. congrats on missing it.

earning 100k a year and over means someone did some work. if someone does some work it doesn't mean he/she will earn 100k.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 16:05
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he was claiming earning money automatically makes one satan's pet toy. i was debunking that by telling him earning money (in an honest fashion, thought that was obvious) doesn't make one evil

do you honestly believe i am claiming that bonking people over the head and mugging them or stealing old ladies pension funds is being a good christian?
    Money is printed in the depths of Hell. It corrupts absolutely. A monetary economy results in the systematic corruption of an entire populace. The Kingdom will practice a blend of a time bank means of exchange and a gift economy, although the exact proportions are impossible for me to predict.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 02:05
    Where the hell did you get that idea? 😕
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 19:561 edit
    i was making a different point. congrats on missing it.

earning 100k a year and over means someone did some work. if someone does some work it doesn't mean he/she will earn 100k.
    Need to be looking at net income for comparisons anyway, how much is left after tax theft, etc.

100K, after 40% tax = 60K (state & federal taxes combined in rate)
    50K after 20% tax = 40K
    30K after 0% tax = 30K

The resultant disparity is not really as great as the liberals would have you believe.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '12 10:302 edits
    Originally posted by mikelom
    “Income levels of America’s major religious groups compared to the average U.S. income distribution.Over $100,000 per year:”
    8% Black Christians
    9% of Jehovah’s Witnesses
    13% of Evangelicals
    16% Mormons
    16% Muslim
    18% National Average
    18% (Other)
    19% Unaffiliated
    19% Catholic
    21% Christian (Mainline)
    22% Buddhist
    23% Christian (other)
    28% the USA...... ahum?
    46% of Jews
    What about agnositics and atheists?

Btw being Jewish is not a religion.
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    02 Sep '12 10:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What about agnositics and atheists?

Btw being Jewish is not a religion.
    No, it's completely unorthodox! 😛

-m.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Sep '12 22:471 edit
    Originally posted by CLL53
    Need to be looking at net income for comparisons anyway, how much is left after tax theft, etc.

100K, after (40% tax - loophole after loophole) = 100K (state & federal taxes combined in rate)
    50K after 30% tax = 35K
    20K after 0% tax = 20K

The resultant disparity is really as great as the liberals would have you believe.
    Fixed!!
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Sep '12 22:56
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Keeping money, any amount of money, for your own exclusive use, to the exclusion of all others, is an abomination in the eyes of god*. This conception that your livelihood can be divided and separated out from the whole that sustains it is what causes one to be separated from the wholeness of humanity, and consequently from the wholeness of god*. Only by me ...[text shortened]... you have been judged guilty in the eyes of god.*

*Whatever your definition for that is.
    You'll be coming over to our (the Christians) side soon. I'll save you a spot on the pew!

🙂
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 08:461 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Money is printed in the depths of Hell. It corrupts absolutely. A monetary economy results in the systematic corruption of an entire populace. The Kingdom will practice a blend of a time bank means of exchange and a gift economy, although the exact proportions are impossible for me to predict.
    money is necessary for our economy and civilization to function. money isn't evil or good, it is a tool, just like a hoe is. what you do with it is evil or not

edit: still hoping you're joking. bad joke anyway.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 08:49
    Where the hell did you get that idea? 😕
    you claimed i was claiming that greedy ceo's making their fortunes by stealing from their employees' pension funds is hard work.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 15:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Fixed!!
    (a) You altered my original post, obvious lack of any courtesy. Post what you like, but do not mislead others by alteration of the original material.

(b) Not to belabor the utter stupidity revealed when someone supposedly somewhat intelligent thinks that anyone with an income of ~100K had any "loopholes" whatsoever. 100K is not rich, there are no loopholes at that income level, unless you count home mortgage interest deductions. There are areas in the country that for a family of five, both husband and wife work, three children, two cars to upkeep, house payment, etc., that 100K would just barely make ends meet. When you talk "rich" or "CEOs", etc., you better aim a bit higher than 100K.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 15:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yeah, ask Mitt Romney about this. He'll say the same thing. He's probably never actually worked a day in his life.
    Neither has Obama. College to law school to "community organizer" (read that as unemployed, unemployable, and freeloader) to government.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 16:35
    you claimed i was claiming that greedy ceo's making their fortunes by stealing from their employees' pension funds is hard work.
    So how did you get from there to "bonking people over the head and mugging them or stealing old ladies pension funds is being a good christian"?

Oh, and I didn't say anything about pension funds.

You just kind of add whatever you want to people's posts in your mind, don't you?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '12 09:46
    So how did you get from there to "bonking people over the head and mugging them or stealing old ladies pension funds is being a good christian"?

Oh, and I didn't say anything about pension funds.

You just kind of add whatever you want to people's posts in your mind, don't you?
    what is the point of this discussion? i am confused.

do you think i believe anyone who makes over 100k a year is a hard working christian regardless of how he earns that money?

if you do think that, you're wrong, i don't
    if you don't think that, you're right, i don't.

either way, discussion over

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree