Individualism & the human spirit

Individualism & the human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Feb 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
However, the average Japanese person who has been living in a middle class environment by parents who also grew in a middle class environment is more likely to have a higher IQ than the average German or American white person, and as the "Flynn effect" has fully actualized itself in both soceities, the implication would be that the greater number of neur ...[text shortened]... s a greater natural aptitude and a predominant of genes that correlate with higher intelligence.
...the greater number of neurons that the Asian has reflects a greater natural aptitude and a predominant of genes that correlate with higher intelligence.

Do the Koreans around you in your everyday life have greater natural aptitude and higher intelligence than you?

F

Moves
27 Feb 18

I merely think [IQ] is a useful tool for measuring intelligence in general, and that, generally speaking, a group of people with an avg IQ of 120 would be far more likely to produce people I'd deem intellectuals than a group of people with an average IQ of 80.
When you meet a black person, are you able to put your thoughts about the number of neurons they may have in their brain to the back of your mind or do you find thinking about it is a useful tool for measuring their intelligence when you are interacting with them?

S. Korea

Moves
27 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
What would be the case if they were?
Oh yes, on average, a Japanese person or an East Asian who has had a similar enough lifestyle to a white person in full school attendance and exposure to the expected stimulus of modern life, they would be more likely to have a higher IQ than a white German or American.

S. Korea

Moves
27 Feb 18

[b]...the greater number of neurons that the Asian has reflects a greater natural aptitude and a predominant of genes that correlate with higher intelligence.

Do the Koreans around you in your everyday life have greater natural aptitude and higher intelligence than you?[/b]
The average ethnic Korean has an IQ higher than the average person of ethnic white descent.

Of course, individual whites are smarter than individual Koreans, and individual blacks are smarter than individual Koreans, and any one from any group can be a genius...

It is merely that the higher average belongs to the Northeast Asian groups and Ashkenazim.

S. Korea

Moves
27 Feb 18

When you meet a black person, are you able to put your thoughts about the number of neurons they may have in their brain to the back of your mind or do you find thinking about it is a useful tool for measuring their intelligence when you are interacting with them?
No that'd be unethical.

And I cannot speculate as to the IQs of people. So I don't try.

But hey, even if something is ugly, it does not mean that it is not true.

Many primitive peoples practiced cannibalism. Quite an ugly thought -- all these cannibal cavemen and tribesmen.

But that's the truth of it and even if we don't like it we can't change it. So even if these realities are unpleasant, what can I do?

F

Moves
27 Feb 18

But hey, even if something is ugly, it does not mean that it is not true. Many primitive peoples practiced cannibalism. Quite an ugly thought -- all these cannibal cavemen and tribesmen.
Are you still talking about black people now or have you moved on to a different topic?

F

Moves
27 Feb 18

The average ethnic Korean has an IQ higher than the average person of ethnic white descent.
How does this manifest itself in your everyday life in Korea? In practical terms what does it mean for you to be from a 'lower IQ race' living the culture of a 'higher IQ race'?

F

Moves
27 Feb 18

FMF: When you meet a black person, are you able to put your thoughts about the number of neurons they may have in their brain to the back of your mind or do you find thinking about it is a useful tool for measuring their intelligence when you are interacting with them?

No that'd be unethical.
Unethical? How so?

F

Moves
27 Feb 18
1 edit

Yeah, honestly, I think it is all quite an interesting topic. The question of what affects people, and what is the best way for people to live, is very interesting.
What do you think is the best way for someone with an IQ of 89 to live? And what about the best way to live for someone with an IQ if 115? If the question of what is the best way for people with different IQs to live is "very interesting" to you, you must have given it some thought.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Feb 18

What do you think is the best way for someone with an IQ of 89 to live? And what about the best way to live for someone with an IQ if 115? If the question of what is the best way for people with different IQs to live is "is very interesting" to you, you must have given it some thought.
FMF’s IQ is over 600; of course he’s given it some thought. More thought than 20 men doing nothing but thinking for three weeks straight.

But he is unable to share his thoughts because they must be “dumbed down” by someone with an IQ of 300 who is able to understand how must humans think and communicate with them.

S. Korea

Moves
27 Feb 18

Are you still talking about black people now or have you moved on to a different topic?
Oh my, FMF, what a red herring!

It is believed that every primitive group, at some point, during their developmental history, practiced cannibalism.

S. Korea

Moves
27 Feb 18

How does this manifest itself in your everyday life in Korea? In practical terms what does it mean for you to be from a 'lower IQ race' living the culture of a 'higher IQ race'?
LOL, it doesn't work that way because if the average IQ o fthe American caucasian is like 100, the avg IQ of the ethnic Korean is about 106. This is not great enough of a difference to cause much or any measurable difference in what would amount to day to day life.

But, invariably, it is reflected in Korea's lower crime statistics and safety as well as general convenience livability.

S. Korea

Moves
27 Feb 18

My family is, of course, of means. We do not live in a state of want or need.

It is noteworthy that my family in the US lives on the outskirts of a city where we cannot go to certain parts of it at certain hours due to the literal danger of crime. It is also nto unheard of to have one's car broken into. I know several people who have been mugged.

And this is a decent part of the US. But, still, this is all unthinkable in Seoul.

I know some South Africans who fled literal third world levels of violence and instability.

If you want to laugh about this stuff or make jokes about it, that is inappropriate.

F

Moves
27 Feb 18

It is believed that every primitive group, at some point, during their developmental history, practiced cannibalism.
And why are you talking about that?

F

Moves
27 Feb 18

My family is, of course, of means. We do not live in a state of want or need.

It is noteworthy that my family in the US lives on the outskirts of a city where we cannot go to certain parts of it at certain hours due to the literal danger of crime. It is also nto unheard of to have one's car broken into. I know several people who have been mugged.
...[text shortened]... bility.

If you want to laugh about this stuff or make jokes about it, that is inappropriate.
Are you able to link this to the OP in any way?