Ingredients, tools, mechanical drawings

Ingredients, tools, mechanical drawings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Apr 23
1 edit

@suzianne said

Let's say that "God is real" is a subjective opinion, pending proof. If proof is never delivered, then naturally, some people will believe it, and some won't.
The statement “god is real” is a subjective opinion. This is a fact.

If the entire population of the world held the same subjective opinion it still wouldn’t make the reality of their opinion and objective fact.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Apr 23

@fmf said
KellyJay's opinion about God my be correct but as long as he cannot demonstrate that God's existence is an objective empirical fact, his belief remains a subjective opinion. I had you pegged as a Christian who understands what faith is.
Arguing the merits of logic (even when taking a devil's advocate stance) does not ipso facto suggest that I do not know what faith is. So please do not insult my intelligence here. (I understand it's far more likely that you are simply attempting to score cheap internet brownie points.)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Apr 23

@divegeester said
The statement “god is real” is a subjective opinion. This is a fact.

If the entire population of the world held the same subjective opinion it still wouldn’t make the reality of their opinion and objective fact.
In case you missed the conversation being held in this very thread, IF God is real, then "God is real" is an objective fact.

Regardless your attempts to play KellyJay as some sort of bumbling fool.

Moves
20 Apr 23

@suzianne said
In case you missed the conversation being held in this very thread, IF God is real, then "God is real" is an objective fact.
Clearly it is you who is missing the conversation.

Moves
20 Apr 23

@suzianne said

Regardless your attempts to play KellyJay as some sort of bumbling fool.
An interesting choice of adjective.

F

Moves
20 Apr 23

@suzianne said
Arguing the merits of logic (even when taking a devil's advocate stance) does not ipso facto suggest that I do not know what faith is. So please do not insult my intelligence here. (I understand it's far more likely that you are simply attempting to score cheap internet brownie points.)
Like KellyJay, you are conflating the meaning of subjectivity and objectivity. Even IF God is real, KellyJay's opinion that he is real is subjective. I did not bring up the issue of your intelligence, you did

F

Moves
20 Apr 23

@suzianne said
KellyJay is not saying "if". He is stating that God is real. This is a subjective opinion until the objectivity of the claim that "God is real" is demonstrated to be true.

Presumably once we die, at which point it may or may not be established as true.

If "God is true" were an objective truth, that would negate the claims that you have been making about free will here for over a decade.

OAa

Moves
21 Apr 23

I'm not sure it's all mechanical; certainly though, given structural quality and the unity of scripture on the subject, the fact a temple drawing plan is included in sacred writings yields significance to a consecrated work or in general purposes of going into architecture.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Apr 23

@fmf said

If "God is true" were an objective truth, that would negate the claims that you have been making about free will here for over a decade.
And that's why we can't have proof of concept.

A thing can easily be true without proof.

True or false, it's your call to make, only for yourself. That is free will.

F

Moves
21 Apr 23

@suzianne said
And that's why we can't have proof of concept.

A thing can easily be true without proof.

True or false, it's your call to make, only for yourself. That is free will.
You are talking about subjectivity and not objectivity.

F

Moves
21 Apr 23

@suzianne said
And that's why we can't have proof of concept.A thing can easily be true without proof.True or false, it's your call to make, only for yourself. That is free will.
There can be proof that something is true AND free will in terms of whether to obey the instructions stemming from that truth. They are not mutually exclusive.

Moves
21 Apr 23

@of-ants-and-imps said
I'm not sure it's all mechanical; certainly though, given structural quality and the unity of scripture on the subject, the fact a temple drawing plan is included in sacred writings yields significance to a consecrated work or in general purposes of going into architecture.
“Unity of scripture” about the creation of the universe?

What “temple drawing plan” in what “sacred scriptures”?
Are you reading the under 10s “Good News” version?

OAa

Moves
21 Apr 23
1 edit

It's Ezekiel's temple in the living bible. Who needs maps of geographical origin? The altar of holiness and his vision is laid out accurately.

Moves
21 Apr 23
1 edit

@of-ants-and-imps said
It's Ezekiel's temple in the living bible.
And you think that diagram in your bible which was added by the publisher equates to being “temple drawing plan included in sacred writings” ?

I

Moves
23 Apr 23