Invitation to prove evolution...

Invitation to prove evolution...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ro

Moves
02 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm not screwing with anyone.
OK - but can I clarify one thing?

You have claimed that the only reason that you won't read the book I suggested is that you don't want to give out your address online.

Is this true or not?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
I want to know galveston75's definition as he is clearly not using the dictionary definition. After all, he knows perfectly well that the kind of dog with long hair is related to the kind of dog with short hair.
The dictionary gives several definitions depending on the context. You should be able to figure out which one is the best fit for the context. This one probably works:

2. Race; genus; species; generic class; phylum; domain; order; kingdom; as, in mankind or humankind. Come of so low a kind. Every kind of beasts, and of birds. (James III.7)

The Instructor

Cape Town

Moves
02 Nov 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
The dictionary gives several definitions depending on the context. You should be able to figure out which one is the best fit for the context. This one probably works:

2. Race; genus; species; generic class; phylum; domain; order; kingdom; as, in mankind or humankind. Come of so low a kind. Every kind of beasts, and of birds. (James III.7)

The Instructor
I have failed to figure it out which is why I asked him to clarify.
I see you haven't figured it out either as the definition you listed is to general to work in the context of what he said.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Nov 13

Originally posted by Rank outsider
OK - but can I clarify one thing?

You have claimed that the only reason that you won't read the book I suggested is that you don't want to give out your address online.

Is this true or not?
I've answered you clearly. It's obvious you can't answer the question in this thread so that must prove you can't as no one else can either.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Nov 13

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Who says that you get to demand what is or is not proof? You have simply selected a test that you happen to know can't be achieved.

Oh, and by the way, I think it would be more accurate to say a horse turned into a whale. Hopelessly, hopelessly, wrong, but still more accurate than what you said.
See how the horse and whale thing sounds so stupid no matter who climbed in our out of the water first? Lol

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Nov 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
A whale turning into a lion? What on earth are you talking about? How can a man who claims to have studied evolution all his life come out with such nonsense?

There's a nice chapter on the evolution of cetaceans in the book you refuse to read. Send us the address of your Kingdom Hall and we'll get it sent to you.
Geeez you guys are trying all you can to NOT give an answer with the proof, aren't you? How supprising, Not.
I never said anything about a lion...

Point blank as this seems way too deep for you and the others to get, there is nothing I can read that will ever prove evolution as it's all a bunch of made up crap that is only to make things seem so complicated that all it does for ones who are gullable as you are, to finally give in and believe this stupid THEORY which is such a simple word that even you don't understand it's definition.

If you can't find the proof to show me yourself then leave this thread. You have proved nothing at all....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 13
1 edit

See how the horse and whale thing sounds so stupid no matter who climbed in our out of the water first? Lol
I think the EVIL-lutionists say the hippopotamus evolved into a whale. I believe the hippopotamus is sometimes referred to as a water horse. Maybe that is how the horse to whale idea came about.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090318153803.htm

The Instructor

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
02 Nov 13

Geeez you guys are trying all you can to NOT give an answer with the proof, aren't you? How supprising, Not.

Point blank as this seems way too deep for you and the others to get, there is nothing I can read that will ever prove evolution as it's all a bunch of made up crap that is only to make things seem so co ...[text shortened]... 't find the proof to show me yourself then leave this thread. You have proved nothing at all....
I repeat my last post since you didn't respond first time.

Five Proofs of Evolution

by Richard Peacock

1. The universal genetic code.
All cells on Earth, from our white blood cells, to simple bacteria, to cells in the leaves of trees, are capable of reading any piece of DNA from any life form on Earth.  This is very strong evidence for a common ancestor from which all life descended.

2. The fossil record.
The fossil record shows that the simplest fossils will be found in the oldest rocks, and it can also show a smooth and gradual transition from one form of life to another.

3. Genetic commonalities.
Human beings have approximately 96% of genes in common with chimpanzees, about 90% of genes in common with cats, 80% with cows, 75% with mice, and so on.  This does not prove that we evolved from chimpanzees or cats, though, only that we shared a common ancestor in the past.  And the amount of difference between our genomes corresponds to how long ago our genetic lines diverged.

4. Common traits in embryos.
  Humans, dogs, snakes, fish, monkeys, eels (and many more life forms) are all considered "chordates" because we belong to the phylum Chordata.  One of the features of this phylum is that, as embryos, all these life forms have gill slits, tails, and specific anatomical structures involving the spine.  For humans (and other non-fish) the gill slits reform into the bones of the ear and jaw at a later stage in development.  But, initially, all chordate embryos strongly resemble each other. 

In fact, pig embryos are often dissected in biology classes because of how similar they look to human embryos.  These common characteristics could only be possible if all members of the phylum Chordata descended from a common ancestor.

5. Bacterial resistance to antibiotics.
Bacteria colonies can only build up a resistance to antibiotics through evolution.  It is important to note that in every colony of bacteria, there are a tiny few individuals which are naturally resistant to certain antibiotics.  This is because of the random nature of mutations.

When an antibiotic is applied, the initial innoculation will kill most bacteria, leaving behind only those few cells which happen to have the mutations necessary to resist the antibiotics.  In subsequent generations, the resistant bacteria reproduce, forming a new colony where every member is resistant to the antibiotic.  This is natural selection in action.  The antibiotic is "selecting" for organisms which are resistant, and killing any that are not.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Nov 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Pianoman1
I repeat my last post since you didn't respond first time.

Five Proofs of Evolution

by Richard Peacock

1. The universal genetic code.
All cells on Earth, from our white blood cells, to simple bacteria, to cells in the leaves of trees, are capable of reading any piece of DNA from any life form on Earth.  This is very strong evidence for a commo ...[text shortened]...   The antibiotic is "selecting" for organisms which are resistant, and killing any that are not.
Antibiotics are like snake venoms and poisons. A person can build up an immunity over time to increasing amounts of snake venom. The poisons naturally selected some to kill and those that are not killed are naturally selected to live. Is that evilution or just good luck?

The Instructor

Ro

Moves
02 Nov 13

I've answered you clearly. It's obvious you can't answer the question in this thread so that must prove you can't as no one else can either.
I'll pass on your offer only because I do not give out my addres to anyone online that I do not know. Fair enough?

You said this, not me.

It is easy to get you a copy of the book without you revealing your address. So, if it were true, you should now accept my offer.

The above statement was never true, was it?

Ro

Moves
02 Nov 13

It's all explained in the book you are refusing to read. And it doesn't sound stupid, it sounds simple, logical and convincing.

And no-one told any lies in its writing.

Ro

Moves
02 Nov 13
3 edits

Point blank as this seems way too deep for you and the others to get, there is nothing I can read that will ever prove evolution as it's all a bunch of made up crap that is only to make things seem so co ...[text shortened]... 't find the proof to show me yourself then leave this thread. You have proved nothing at all....
So, would you say you were open or closed minded on the issue?

To be honest, I don't care whether you believe in evolution or not. I do resent, however, the lie you told when you said that the only reason you would not accept my offer was because you did not want to give your address out online. That was not true and you knew it was not true.

And you still haven't responded to twhitehead's request, despite promising to do so. So stop claiming you have won, as you are ignoring a person who has taken up your challenge, despite saying you would respond to them.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Nov 13

...... as no one else can either.
Yet oddly you refuse to answer my very simple questions or even acknowledge that you understand the first post I made in this thread. Not so sure of yourself are you?

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
02 Nov 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Yet oddly you refuse to answer my very simple questions or even acknowledge that you understand the first post I made in this thread. Not so sure of yourself are you?
He oddly refuses to answer my 5 point theory for evolution as well. Challenges us to provide a platform for our views and then cannot refute them or at any rate repond to them.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Nov 13
1 edit

You are correct you said nothing about a lion. My mistake.

As for the rest of your post - 😴