1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 23:531 edit
    3. Genetic commonalities.
    "Human beings have approximately 96% of genes in common with chimpanzees, about 90% of genes in common with cats, 80% with cows, 75% with mice, and so on. This does not prove that we evolved from chimpanzees or cats, though, only that we shared a common ancestor in the past. And the amount of difference between our genomes corresponds to how long ago our genetic lines diverged."

No it doesn't. It only proves we have a common creator.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 00:241 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'd love to know more about many things.

That is not the issue here and it's not what this post is about.

Again.......prove to me that evolution is a fact especially when it comes to showing in black and white the actual changing of one kind of species into another.
    As has been said before with all the millions of years and all of the millions ...[text shortened]... ils all over the planet to show this fact. Just even one might help you guys but where are they?
    I see you're now screwing with the people who were crazy enough to actually present some evidence for you, as if you actually wanted to know about it. Nice.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 02:09
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I see you're now screwing with the people who were crazy enough to actually present some evidence for you, as if you actually wanted to know about it. Nice.
    I would like to see this experiment in human evolution: Get two populations, separate them by who believes in evolution and who believes in creationism.

Come back in 100 years and see which one is further along on many specs, like level of education of each population, scientific growth, who still uses coal to heat with and so forth.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 03:17
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I'm not screwing with anyone. I'm asking a very simple question to all to show proof and so far no one has given it.
    Just a bunch of what if's and could be's is not a fact.

In reality I want to see the bones of all the fossils that connect the process of any kind of any animal that changes from one kind to another kind as evolution claimed happened. Why is that so hard to understand and show?
    If a whale over ions of time turned into a horse, I want to see the proof in the fossil record.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 03:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I would like to see this experiment in human evolution: Get two populations, separate them by who believes in evolution and who believes in creationism.

Come back in 100 years and see which one is further along on many specs, like level of education of each population, scientific growth, who still uses coal to heat with and so forth.
    So I guess your implying that the evolutionist would be better off?
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 05:181 edit
    Why is that so hard to understand and show?
    Because of the audience. 😕

Edit: remember the parable about the seeds not growing in the rocky soil?
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 08:311 edit
    I'm not screwing with anyone. I'm asking a very simple question to all to show proof and so far no one has given it.

In reality I want to see the bones of all the fossils that connect the process of any kind of any animal that changes from one kind to another kind as evolution claimed happened ...[text shortened]... If a whale over ions of time turned into a horse, I want to see the proof in the fossil record.
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 08:381 edit

In reality I want to see the bones of all the fossils that connect the process of any kind of any animal that changes from one kind to another kind as evolution claimed happened ...[text shortened]... If a whale over ions of time turned into a horse, I want to see the proof in the fossil record.
    Who says that you get to demand what is or is not proof? You have simply selected a test that you happen to know can't be achieved.

Oh, and by the way, I think it would be more accurate to say a horse turned into a whale. Hopelessly, hopelessly, wrong, but still more accurate than what you said.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 08:48
    It's still bacteria, not a new species and never will be.
    What do you understand by the word 'species'? Do you know that the scientific definition is not only not very specific, but does not have 'bacteria' as a species? So you must have a non-scientific definition, what is it?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 08:50
    In reality I want to see the bones of all the fossils that connect the process of any kind of any animal that changes from one kind to another kind as evolution claimed happened.
    Please define 'kind'.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 08:53
    I'll answer in a bit. Just got back from the doctor..
    I am still waiting despite the fact that you have pretended that nobody is willing to take up your challenge.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 09:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Please define 'kind'.
    Look it up in a dictionary.

The Instructor
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 09:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Look it up in a dictionary.

The Instructor
    I want to know galveston75's definition as he is clearly not using the dictionary definition. After all, he knows perfectly well that the kind of dog with long hair is related to the kind of dog with short hair.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 11:13

A whale turning into a lion? What on earth are you talking about? How can a man who claims to have studied evolution all his life come out with such nonsense?

There's a nice chapter on the evolution of cetaceans in the book you refuse to read. Send us the address of your Kingdom Hall and we'll get it sent to you.
  15. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 16:05
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    A whale turning into a lion? What on earth are you talking about? How can a man who claims to have studied evolution all his life come out with such nonsense?

There's a nice chapter on the evolution of cetaceans in the book you refuse to read. Send us the address of your Kingdom Hall and we'll get it sent to you.
    To be fair to galveston75, he said whale into a horse. I think you misread ions (which was meant to be 'eons' I assume).

However, the rest I think stands.

I was, however, struck by the irony that the question of how whales evolved is dealt with in the very book that galveston75 refuses to read at my expense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree