1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 11:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If he had any sense, he would not go around shooting people just because he read "If you meet Buddha on the road, shoot him" somewhere.
    A Sinhala fundamentalist with common sense? That's more funny than my joke twhitehead dude!
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 11:461 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Cape Town.
    Hot and dry in Cape Town? You obviously haven't been to a really hot and dry place. I've been here 5 years and never seen the mercury go over 35 Celsius.
    Or is it one of those Buddhist things?
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 11:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Hot and dry in Cape Town? You obviously haven't been to a really hot and dry place. I've been here 5 years and never seen the mercury go over 35 Celsius.
    Or is it one of those Buddhist things?
    It's relative, isn't it? 35 is plenty hot for me, thanks.

I found Namibia quite pleasant -- in winter.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 11:50
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I think the climate is more like Greece. Technically, it's a 'Mediterranean climate' (winter rainfall).
    Temperature relatively high in summer but rarely above 35, very rainy winters... Are you sure you're not in Porto?
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 11:54
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Temperature relatively high in summer but rarely above 35, very rainy winters... Are you sure you're not in Porto?
    Especially when I'm sitting in the cafe down the road.

I've just discovered that an old schoolfriend of mine has been living on a farm somewhere in Portugal -- I may have to make use of this knowledge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree