1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 03:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why don't you relay that special communication "conversation" that you had "from God's own mouth to your ears"?
    Lol. I'm not an elder so I have not been appointed by his spirit.

Why don't you and dive dude man up, go to your bible and show us just a couple scriptures that backs up your belief that the elders or not chosen by God's spirit and used by him to remove ones who do not follow God's rule, is wrong?
    Because so for neither of you have quoted 1 scripture from the bible to support all your rantings.
    I'll be waiting.....
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 04:06
    Originally posted by galveston75

Why don't you and dive dude man up, go to your bible and show us just a couple scriptures that backs up your belief that the elders or not chosen by God's spirit and used by him to remove ones who do not follow God's rule, is wrong?
    Because so for neither of you have quoted 1 scripture from the bible to support all your rantings.
    I'll be waiting.....
    Where in the Bible does it state that the so-called "elders" belonging to local branches of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Brooklyn, New York, are "chosen by God's spirit and used by Him"?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 04:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Where in the Bible does it state that the so-called "elders" belonging to local branches of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Brooklyn, New York, are "chosen by God's spirit and used by Him"?
    Either back up your accusations with scriptural proof or keep your opinions to yourself. Period.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 04:152 edits
    Either back up your accusations with scriptural proof or keep your opinions to yourself. Period.
    What accusations? It was a question. Are there not literally thousands of Christian organisations whose members live their Christian lives and carry out what they believe is God's work? Are their managers and organisers all "appointed by God's spirit" in your view, or only in the case of the corporation you just so happen to be a member of?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 11:591 edit
    "How are elders and ministerial servants appointed in each congregation?

In the first century C.E., the apostle Paul told the elders who served in the congregation in Ephesus: “Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed you overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blo ...[text shortened]... ich no one has done, this is nothing but a bunch of foolish talk from a few foolish tiny humans.
    Every Christian church, denomination, faction, cult and gathering in the entire world believes that their version of God appointed their leaders. Your lot are just one of them.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 12:01
    What accusations? The evidence of your treatment of beauroberts in this thread is completely apparent.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 12:02
    I wonder why...
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 20:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Every Christian church, denomination, faction, cult and gathering in the entire world believes that their version of God appointed their leaders. Your lot are just one of them.
    Erm... no. There are churches who believe that all their members are equals and their leaders are only such for organisational reasons. AIUI the Quakers don't go even that far.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 22:211 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    There are churches who believe that all their members are equals and their leaders are only such for organisational reasons.
    I wasn't contesting what the leaders function was.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 22:43
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Erm... no. There are churches who believe that all their members are equals and their leaders are only such for organisational reasons. AIUI the Quakers don't go even that far.
    According to the bible the ones who take the lead in the organization are the servants of the flock. They are heald to a higher degree of responsibility and would have to answer to God in a most serious fashion.
    No different then a shephard who was given the position to look after a flock of sheep he was entrusted with by their owner.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 23:34
    About beauroberts

I have resigned all of my games and will be taking a sabbatical from this site in order to focus on family, friends and faith.

Cheers,

Beau

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree