1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 04:451 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You have to be the biggest dunce on this forum and this is why I dont normally respond to you, and even when I do I regret it.

I made no comment on when 'that point' comes because the Bible does not tell you any number of times. There must be something sadly wrong with you people who request and expect that kind of answer. If I say that Christ says to do ...[text shortened]... t will be acceptable. End of story .. no number.

Im sure now .. this is my last post to you.
    What is the verse in the Holy Bible that says there comes a point that if you sin there is no more repentance that will be acceptable. End of story .. no number?
  2. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 05:592 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So are you just going to ignore the following two verses?

[b]And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(Revelation 20:18 KJV)

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

(Revelation 21:8 KJV)[/b]
    In my OP I specifically referred to this passage, and, yes, I believe they must mean something else. Have you never been fearful? Never told a lie? On the basis of THIS VERSE ALONE the entire population of the world ends up here - all eventualities are covered.

But mainly, would you be prepared to listen to the incessant and demanding screams of your unsaved loved ones for all eternity, whilst they beg you for a drop of water to cool their lips?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 06:04
    Originally posted by CalJust
    In my OP I specifically referred to this passage, and, yes, I believe they must mean something else. Have you never been fearful? Never told a lie? On the basis of THIS VERSE ALONE the entire population of the world ends up here - all eventualities are covered.

But mainly, would you be prepared to listed to the screams of your unsaved loved ones for all eternity, whilst they beg you for a drop of water to cool their lips?
    In this matter, coercing human free will to accept a free gift would nullify its overarching plan and eternal purpose.
  4. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 06:191 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    In this matter, coercing human free will to accept a free gift would nullify its overarching plan and eternal purpose.
    That has always been the official cop-out answer, which I reject.

I am not the first to make the point here - if somebody refuses the invitation and urging of a fireman to leave a burning building - employing their "free will" - then it is the fireman's duty to knock them unconscious and drag them out. Everybody normal would praise such behaviour!
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 06:41

I am not the first to make the point here - if somebody refuses the invitation and urging of a fireman to leave a burning building - employing their "free will" - then it is the fireman's duty to knock them unconscious and drag them out. Everybody normal would praise such behaviour!

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 human beings can "make the point here" and it in no way changes God's Grace Plan whether CalJust presumes to refer to it as a "cop-out" or not. Any member of the human race can be saved from the prospect of separation from God in both time and eternity and have an eternal relationship with Him by believing in Jesus Christ as Savior. "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." Acts 16:31

"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name." John 1:12 Its simplicity irritates arrogance.
  6. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 06:48
    [b]That has always been the official cop-out answer, which I reject.

I am not the first to make the point here - if somebody refuses the invitation and urging of a fireman to leave a burning building - employing their "free will" - then it is the fireman's duty to knock them unconscious and drag them out. Everybod ...[text shortened]... od, even to those who believe in His name." John 1:12 Its simplicity irritates arrogance.
    Simply restating the scripture verses in no way responds to the OP that the implications drawn are preposterous.

Or not thought through properly by those who hold this view...
  7. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 06:53
    [b]That has always been the official cop-out answer, which I reject.

I am not the first to make the point here - if somebody refuses the invitation and urging of a fireman to leave a burning building - employing their "free will" - then it is the fireman's duty to knock them unconscious and drag them out. Everybod ...[text shortened]... od, even to those who believe in His name." John 1:12 Its simplicity irritates arrogance.
    I responded to your claim of the inviolability of free will.

How would you respond to my fireman example? Is my conclusion true or false?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 06:55

But mainly, would you be prepared to listen to the incessant and demanding screams of your unsaved loved ones for all eternity, whilst they beg you for a drop of water to cool their lips?
    That can't happen because the Holy bible tells there is a big gulf between the saved souls and those that are lost.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 06:56
    Simply restating the scripture verses in no way responds to the OP that the implications drawn are preposterous.

Or not thought through properly by those who hold this view...
    OP reflects human viewpoint; the Word of God, divine viewpoint. Thanks for allowing me in this conversation with RJH.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 07:00

No one is claiming that everybody is normal or has the ability to counteract God's justice.
  11. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 07:04
    That can't happen because the Holy bible tells there is a big gulf between the saved souls and those that are lost.
    .....and you can hold conversations across it.
  12. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 07:101 edit
    No one is claiming that everybody is normal or has the ability to counteract God's justice.
    Can either GB or RJH answer the simple question whether a fireman or lifeguard is right in saving somebody from death against their will?

Try to avoid quoting scriptures or religiosity - from a simply human point of view, is the fireman to be praised or reprimanded?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 07:23
    Can either GB or RJH answer the simple question whether a fireman or lifeguard is right in saving somebody from death against their will?

Try to avoid quoting scriptures or religiosity - from a simply human point of view, is the fireman to be praised or reprimanded?
    It is always right to save a life. All morons no that, even ...

The Moron Instructor
  14. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 07:45
    It is always right to save a life. All morons no that, even ...

The Moron Instructor
    Good answer.

Now can you extrapolate that from saving a mortal life to an infinitely more valuable immortal one?
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 07:46
    Good answer.

Now can you extrapolate that from saving a mortal life to an infinitely more valuable immortal one?
    You're just going to confuse him if you use big words like 'extrapolate'. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree