Is God punishing the USA?

Is God punishing the USA?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Sep 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
That's an interesting position. God created the Earth, but gave Satan authority over it. Does that authority extend to us or just the natural world? To me it makes no difference as we live in the natural world. I have a hard time making sense of this.

If Satan had authority over the Earth, how could nature be so good? Why does nature sustain us ...[text shortened]... bit too much like the old blame it on the Devil argument? We are the ones who make the choices.
Yes, we are the ones who make the choices. I guess I am just not getting my point accross....I did not say God gave Satan anything!
You keep reading something else. I said Adam "delivered" this authority to satan. That is why the bible calls him the god of this world.
I didn't say just the Jews either....but nevertheless....Peace and God bless.
🙂

b

Moves
29 Sep 05

Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
Please give us some EXAMPLES of the [b]EVIDENCE you CLAIM he gives on a DAILY basis.[/b]
If you chose not to believe. You problely never will. There can never be enough Scientific proof. Because GOD is not Physical or Material. HE is Spiritual and infinite. GOD cannot exsist as part of this universe or the space of time as we know it. GOD is not composed of matter and cannot exsist in what we know as time. We Believers, believe that GOD always exsisted. GOD exsists to bring other things whatever they may be.
If we are wrong and there is no GOD. What harm have we done to ourselves. we have done no harm. In fact belief in GOD, has allowed Believers to lead much happier livess. If there is no GOD, again we have done no harm to ourselves. We donot believe in GOD, because it is in our best interrest. We believe in GOD because of our Hope and Faith. Our faith in GOD gives us the power to be happy today, tomorrow, and for eternity. A person of Faith knows the reason knows the reason for our faith. we know that because, we have acceptted the Salvation of JESUS CHRIST. We have become a child of GOD. A child that will one day be reunited once again with our Creator.
When we look up at the stars of the night. we know that someone placed them there in the Sky. The rocks of the ground, when we pick one up we know that it did not always exsist, Someone had to create it. When you lokk at the Universe inwhich the earth travels in. We look and see how immense and beautiful it is. We see that it has some sort of order. Even as the Earth travels arround the Sun, there is order. Year by year it takes about the same amount of time to travel arround the sun. There is something that is/has held the earth in place. The earth is not roaming of on its own, or traveling outside our own Universe.
We humans are born into this life into circumstances that are beyond our control. The hurt, the pain, hunger,and misery. Life in itself has little really to do with us. Life is here when we are born, and it will be here after we die.

b

Moves
29 Sep 05

Please give us some EXAMPLES of the [b]EVIDENCE you CLAIM he gives on a DAILY basis.[/b]
Is it really acceptable to believe that we have been condenmed to unimaginable sufferring all the days of our lives, for no reason or purpose. Is it reall acceptable to believe that, we live in an universe that is so vast and orderly in its purpose. That life on this planet is so disorderly. That life on this planet is so unfair, that it just happened and this is the way that its supposed to be. Why were we born with a conscience, to know right and wrong? Why do we have a sense of Justice, that tells us that this unfair? Why are there those of us that believe or feel, that those that; cherat, lie, steal, are mean, or selfish. are very often those that are most successful in life. Where as those that are kind, loving, or caring persons,have or living in poverty, or have some time of sickness or disease. Do we all hope or believe that somewhere there must be some kind of accounting.. Where injustice is dealt with. do we not all wonder or have the common sense to hope to know that somewhere there is devine justice?
do we not instinctively try to be good. Is not that instinct our conscience. Where did that conscience com from? Have we ever been face to face with our conscience? Does not our conscience give us our rights and wrong, our dos and don'ts?
If there was a GOD would HE not come to earth to give us information about ourselves and Himself. Would He not come to earth or speak to us in some way to give us our dos and don'ts? Well He has.
He came to this earth in the form of a man. What HE showed and taught us was simply Love and Forgiveness. There was nothing that was said or done that is not in complete agreement with each person's desire to do/be good and right.

b

Moves
29 Sep 05

There are those of us that are searching for Natural Solutions, for problems such as to how or why the Universe came into being. Or how or why man came into being. The simple solution to that problem is GOD. That of course does satisfy your natural solution. Why? Your natural soltion would have to satisfy certainn requrements. Your solution could not be made out of none of the material that the rest of the universe, is made out of. It would have to exsist outside of tme as we know it. It would have to account for love, hate, beauty, conscience, and all those things that pertain to "lets say" our five senses. Since we have nothing in our Natural Realm that has the answers to those questions We need to admit that it had to be done by GOD.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
30 Sep 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
There are those of us that are searching for Natural Solutions, for problems such as to how or why the Universe came into being. Or how or why man came into being. The simple solution to that problem is GOD. That of course does satisfy your natural solution. Why? Your natural soltion would have to satisfy certainn requrements. Your solution could not b ...[text shortened]... al Realm that has the answers to those questions We need to admit that it had to be done by GOD.
Would you ever go see a doctor? How about a Jewish doctor?

b

Moves
30 Sep 05

Those that say that they are an Atheist. You do all you can to live a good and honest life. Even though that live is so unfair, And you believe that there is no Ultimate Justice. Most still strive to be good loving and kind. You are trying to be in your own way like GOD. If there were no GOD, why are you instintively trying to be in your way good, loving, and kind? If there were no GOD, why do you have these feelings?
As an intellegent person, you would have figured out that enjoyment of life, has to be gotten here, right now. Stealing, muder, and the like, would be no problem. Because you would get away with it and be satisfied. You would not do anything for anyone unless it benefited you and you only.
Of course most will say that is not the type of person that you are. You therefore you must have a conscience. Therefore deep within you, you know that being a good person is your best option, in life. Which means GOD has expectations for you. And that HE does exsist.
If GOD does indeed exist, what Scientific evidence,do we need to discover HIM. Before science wa even thought of, Billions of people(mankind) believed in GOD. Someway, some how mankind has found a way to believe in HIM. There is something in our charater that we use to reconize HIM. Even when we claim not to want to know him. There is something in us, that wants us to think about why we don't believe HE does exsist.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
30 Sep 05

Those that say that they are an Atheist. You do all you can to live a good and honest life. Even though that live is so unfair, And you believe that there is no Ultimate Justice. Most still strive to be good loving and kind. You are trying to be in your own way like GOD. If there were no GOD, why are you instintively trying to be in your way good, lovi ...[text shortened]... im. There is something in us, that wants us to think about why we don't believe HE does exsist.
So GOD exists because GOD exists?

Well I'm convinced.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Sep 05
1 edit

Those that say that they are an Atheist. You do all you can to live a good and honest life. Even though that live is so unfair, And you believe that there is no Ultimate Justice. Most still strive to be good loving and kind. You are trying to be in your own way like GOD. If there were no GOD, why are you instintively trying to be in your way good, lovi ...[text shortened]... im. There is something in us, that wants us to think about why we don't believe HE does exsist.
Its the atheists duty to MAKE one.
Also why does god always have to be a HE?
Couldn't god have a vagina? heck, why not both?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 05

Originally posted by sonhouse
Its the atheists duty to MAKE one.
Also why does god always have to be a HE?
Couldn't god have a vagina? heck, why not both?
Because He calls Himself "He".

Isa 40:13
13 Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, or as His counselor has taught Him?
(NKJ)

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
01 Oct 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter

(NKJ)
So you are saying God is male?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
01 Oct 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter

(NKJ)
I can't seem to get Blindfaith to answer my questions anymore. Would you go see a Jewish doctor?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
So you are saying God is male?
No, He is Spirit, but calls Himself He....that is all I know.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Oct 05

I can't seem to get Blindfaith to answer my questions anymore. Would you go see a Jewish doctor?
Sure, why wouldn't I?

b

Moves
01 Oct 05

Something wrong with Jewish doctors?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
01 Oct 05

Something wrong with Jewish doctors?
They're not Christians and I know how you feel about non-Christians.