1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 01:001 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    They're not Christians and I know how you feel about non-Christians.
    they still are GOD'S chosen people
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 01:09
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    they still are GOD'S chosen people
    How so? I keep hearing that Christians are the chosen people.
  3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Oct '05 07:41
    The children of Israel has always been GOD'S chosen people. The Christan are GOD'S addoptive children. The Chritian are going to share in the Blessings that were promised the Children of Israel.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 00:351 edit
    Jews were called God's chosen in the OT. But they failed to live up to their calling. They were called to be Light to the world(Gentiles). They failed here too. Then they rejected the Messiah and now Christians who were not "a people of God" have been "adopted" to carry on the mission as Lights to the world.

Gen 18:17-18
    17 And the LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing,
    18 "since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
    (NKJ)

Isa 42:6
    6 "I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness, and will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, as a light to the Gentiles,
    (NKJ)

Isa 49:6
    6 Indeed He says, 'It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, that You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.'"
    (NKJ)

And now in the NT....

Acts 13:47
    47 "For so the Lord has commanded us: 'I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, that you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.' "
    (NKJ)

But now I must say Israel are still called the "Chosen" as well because God made certain promises to them that He will keep as He does all His promises.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 01:10
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Jews were called God's chosen in the OT. But they failed to live up to their calling. They were called to be Light to the world(Gentiles). They failed here too. Then they rejected the Messiah and now Christians who were not "a people of God" have been "adopted" to carry on the mission as Lights to the world.

Gen 18:17-18
    17 And the LORD said, " ...[text shortened]... as well because God made certain promises to them that He will keep as He does all His promises.
    But isn't the concept of being "chosen" a set up for disaster? Any parent knows that when favoritism is shown the lamentations are just beginning.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 01:20
    But isn't the concept of being "chosen" a set up for disaster? Any parent knows that when favoritism is shown the lamentations are just beginning.
    He had to choose someone.
  7. Joined
    15 Jul '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 01:35
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Those that say that they are an Atheist. You do all you can to live a good and honest life. Even though that live is so unfair, And you believe that there is no Ultimate Justice. Most still strive to be good loving and kind. You are trying to be in your own way like GOD. If there were no GOD, why are you instintively trying to be in your way good, lovi ...[text shortened]... im. There is something in us, that wants us to think about why we don't believe HE does exsist.
    I highly doubt many people instinctively pine to be good. In fact, I would argue that the feelings of temptation are more akin to instincts...
    As for why one might choose to act in a "good," loving, and kind manner without God or indeed any deity isn't that hard to understand--it just requires a philosophical or intellectual person or persons to get it started.
    If I kill people, what is going to happen to me? No one will like me. Everyone will want to either get away from me, or kill me in turn. This isn't good for me.
    If I steal from others, they will become angered with me and either fight with me (not good), steal their things back (not good), or go away (not good, since I can't keep stealing from them).
    However, if I share with others, then they will feel like sharing back. If I protect them from wild animals, they will feel like helping me, since my life becomes useful for them.
    In fact, if a small band of people were to start behaving like this, out of a large number of individual, feral humans, who are the most likely to survive for multiple generations, the loners or the small cooperative society?
  8. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 01:58
    He had to choose someone.
    Why? Why not just say,"Dammit, I'm Lord of the universe. I made your sorry asses. Now go along and get along like ya luv me fo what I did."
  9. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 03:23
    Originally posted by echecero
    I highly doubt many people instinctively pine to be good. In fact, I would argue that the feelings of temptation are more akin to instincts...
    As for why one might choose to act in a "good," loving, and kind manner without God or indeed any deity isn't that hard to understand--it just requires a philosophical or intellectual person or persons to get it ...[text shortened]... he most likely to survive for multiple generations, the loners or the small cooperative society?
    Loners have never been really to survive. In fact man was not created to be Loners. GOD gave Adam and helpmeet so he, would not be lonely. It's something like unbelievers are only able to exsist because of the mistakes of believers.
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 03:24
    Why? Why not just say,"Dammit, I'm Lord of the universe. I made your sorry asses. Now go along and get along like ya luv me fo what I did."
    GOD never created a purpose for that.
  11. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 05:48
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 20:42
    Wouldn't that attitude kinda make Him a Redneck?
    😛
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 20:56
    Wouldn't that attitude kinda make Him a Redneck?
    😛
    You gotta problem with incarnational theology?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 23:40
    You gotta problem with incarnational theology?
    LOL...I don't believe in incarnate anything.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    05 Oct '05 23:46
    LOL...I don't believe in incarnate anything.
    This is indeed a revelation! You don't believe that Jesus is God's only begotten son?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree