Is God punishing the USA?

Is God punishing the USA?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Lets face it, there are no unbelievers in Hell. If they didn't believe in God here on Earth, they do in Hell. Those that go there are theYou evil ones (I believe that most people are good) and who don't change there ways before they die.

How can you ask who decides when the debt is paid? The Lord does as Jesus said in the parable. After the d ...[text shortened]... , and II Timothy 1:7 says that God has given us a sound mind. It would be a pitty not to use it.
You want to believe that, as some do, that once you go to hell, you are there for awhile, and you get out. But that's like saying that GOD, is going to defeat HIS enemies. Then release them to allow them to attack HIM again. Or, once someone goes to hell, suddenly they become a Believer. All is forgiven and GOD gives them another opportunity. Then you have a group of Believers that can claim, that if they did not go to hell, they would not have never believed. Something like Doubting Thomas. But how could someone the rejected the Crucifixtion of JESUS CHRIST, could enter into GOD'S Kingdom of Heaven? Would that not make the testimony of JESUS CHRIST out to be a lie? When HE said: I am the way the truth and the Life. No one comes unto the father except through me. JOHN 14:6

L

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
You want to believe that, as some do, that once you go to hell, you are there for awhile, and you get out. But that's like saying that GOD, is going to defeat HIS enemies. Then release them to allow them to attack HIM again. Or, once someone goes to hell, suddenly they become a Believer. All is forgiven and GOD gives them another opportunity. Then yo ...[text shortened]... I am the way the truth and the Life. No one comes unto the father except through me. JOHN 14:6
how can one be deserving of eternal punishment? how can it be considered just for god to torture someone for all eternity? under what circumstances could we say that it is justifiable to punish someone to an infinite degree?

you keep saying that your god is a god of justice, but i am just not seeing it. it sounds like your god is just an example of "might makes right," and he is bullying you into your blind faith.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by LemonJello
how can one be deserving of eternal punishment? how can it be considered just for god to torture someone for all eternity? under what circumstances could we say that it is justifiable to punish someone to an infinite degree?

you keep saying that your god is a god of justice, but i am just not seeing it. it sounds like your god is just an example of "might makes right," and he is bullying you into your blind faith.
espcially since you can be a perfectly good person and follow most of his 10 commandments and be better to your fellow human beings than most christians, but if you don't believe in jesus, you go to hell and are punished for all eternity.

b

Moves
27 Sep 05

Lets face it, there are no unbelievers in Hell. If they didn't believe in God here on Earth, they do in Hell. Those that go there are the evil ones (I believe that most people are good) and who don't change there ways before they die.

How can you ask who decides when the debt is paid? The Lord does as Jesus said in the parable. After the debt ...[text shortened]... , and II Timothy 1:7 says that God has given us a sound mind. It would be a pitty not to use it.
Since the LORD decides when the debt is paid. If they pay their debt ,where do the go? They cannot go to The Kingdom of Heaven can they? For JESUS CHRIST had said," I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." JOHN 14:6
They cannot go to the new Heaven and new Earth can they? What debt would they be paying anying. Not accepting JESUS CHRIST? That is not a debt. That's a choice.
The WORD OF GOD, yes, GOD is talking both to the Believers and Unbelievers. Is HE not warning the Unbelievers? Warning them to mend their ways. Is HE not encouraging the Believers that HE will keep HIS WORD, HIS PROMISES. If the unbelievers chose to not to accept CHRIST, in this short life of ours. Is GOD going to permit one to go to hell and say " Ok GOD you're right. I got the message. You can let me out now. I summit." I think not.
You are right II TIMOTHY 1:7 does say God gives us a sound mind. Does a sound mind reject CHRIST? Does someone in their right mind, reject CHRIST? Not meaning to offend anyone. But does not an Unbeliever offend GOD?

b

Moves
27 Sep 05

[b]He has given us the opportunity to learn from our mistakes.

finally an example in which you failed to take full advantage of the SHIFT key. maybe you aren't a robot after all.

GOD could have rightfully destroyed us when we first sinned.

what would have been right about it?[/b]
What would have been right. As the Creator is not GOD within HIS rights to punish us?

b

Moves
27 Sep 05

If one is to believe that God is all powerful, more powerful than the devil, and that he hates evil, then it is necessary to believe that God allows evil.

Personally I believe that God allows evil to happen primarily for one reason, to get us to turn to him. When things are perfect, God gets forgotten. When people get into trouble then God is ...[text shortened]... ally we just have ourselves to blame.

Anyway, that's my scope on it. Take it or leave it. 🙂
You are Right, completely. If we never sinned in the first place. Would life be a lot different? Is that not why JESUS CHRIST, came in the first place. To get us back to where we were first with GOD, when we were first created.

b

Moves
27 Sep 05

One more little detail I forgot to mention. In the King James version, the word authority is not used. Instead, it is power that the devil offers Jesus. This makes a difference in the following way. Since God has given us free will, we may choose to give the devil power by giving into his temptations. If you take a city like Sodom for example, wher ...[text shortened]... to speak, and now can't do anything about it. Legal pitfalls are probably an Earthly phenomena.
Right again.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
27 Sep 05
2 edits

You want to believe that, as some do, that once you go to hell, you are there for awhile, and you get out. But that's like saying that GOD, is going to defeat HIS enemies. Then release them to allow them to attack HIM again. Or, once someone goes to hell, suddenly they become a Believer. All is forgiven and GOD gives them another opportunity. Then yo ...[text shortened]... I am the way the truth and the Life. No one comes unto the father except through me. JOHN 14:6
Look at it like this. You obviously consider yourself a believer right? Do you consider yourself perfect? That is do you claim to never sin? I hope not. I'll assume not. So what is the difference between you and somebody who has gotten out of hell? Both of you have sinned and will probably sin again, both of you now accept God (Jesus if you prefer), and both of you are forgiven. So why would God forgive you when you haven't even been to hell and repaid your debt? Because you accept God into your life now in this time. It's really the difference between learning the easy way, or learning the hard way. One way or another, we do learn. Jesus confirms this in Mathew 5:25-26 (as well as the parable I mentioned). Evil is the enemy. Sin is the enemy. That's why the bible refers to the devil as "the enemy" in some places. We are God's children. If the sin is forgiven, then we are sin free.

b

Moves
27 Sep 05

Ask the opposite of those questions. GOD gave man the option in the very beginning. Man had the choice to obey GOD. Or disobey GOD. When man was given that choice was he not told, what the punishment was if he disobeyed?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
27 Sep 05

Originally posted by shavixmir
With all these storms battering the US, is this God's way of punishing the US for breaking the ten commandments on so many levels?

And if so, can we expect such storms to reach London anytime soon?
I wouldn't say that he is punishing the U.S. becuase right now God is giving Grace to people. God will not punish till Christ comes again.

L

Moves
27 Sep 05

What would have been right. As the Creator is not GOD within HIS rights to punish us?
As the Creator is not GOD within HIS rights to punish us?

a mother and father are well within their rights to punish their child in constructive ways -- for example, the revocation of certain privileges and rights to which the child may be accustomed. however, it is not within the parents' rights to revoke certain basic and inalienable rights and needs of the child. for example, the parents would not be justified in physically torturing the child, or locking the child in a closet indefinitely to starve, or throwing the child into a well-made fire. if you think that god can justifiably carry out these and other related forms of punishment just because he is god, then i think you are morally handicapped.

b

Moves
27 Sep 05

Look at it like this. You obviously consider yourself a believer right? Do you consider yourself perfect? That is do you claim to never sin? I hope not. I'll assume not. So what is the difference between you and somebody who has gotten out of hell? Both of you have sinned and will probably sin again, both of you now accept God (Jesus if you prefer ...[text shortened]... he enemy" in some places. We are God's children. If the sin is forgiven. Then we are sin free.
No I am a Sinner. Yes I have sinned since I got CHRIST'S Salvation. I have repented. I have repented and asked GOD to forgive me. Yes I know that as a man I was born into a world in sin. I also know that CHRIST, dyng on the cross, died for me and my sin.
The differrence between me and someone who is gotten out of hell is this. I have chosen to let JESUS CHRIST be my Savior. I have chosen to live as HOLY as I can through JESUS CHRIST. Ihave chosen to let JESUS CHRIST go to GOD on my behalf, ( you can say as my Lawyer), and ask GOD to not only forgive me of my sin, but to pardon me as well.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
27 Sep 05

No I am a Sinner. Yes I have sinned since I got CHRIST'S Salvation. I have repented. I have repented and asked GOD to forgive me. Yes I know that as a man I was born into a world in sin. I also know that CHRIST, dyng on the cross, died for me and my sin.
The differrence between me and someone who is gotten out of hell is this. I have chosen to let J ...[text shortened]... u can say as my Lawyer), and ask GOD to not only forgive me of my sin, but to pardon me as well.
So what you're saying is that there is no difference. The ones in hell ask for God's forgiveness as you do.

b

Moves
27 Sep 05

[b]As the Creator is not GOD within HIS rights to punish us?

a mother and father are well within their rights to punish their child in constructive ways -- for example, the revocation of certain privileges and rights to which the child may be accustomed. however, it is not within the parents' rights to revoke certain basic and inalienable rights ...[text shortened]... er related forms of punishment just because he is god, then i think you are morally handicapped.[/b]
Has not GOD revoked our privileges? Did he not move us out The Garden of Eden. And tell us that we are going to die? Is that not constructive? If mankind refuses to obey GOD, is he not an unbeliever?

b

Moves
27 Sep 05

So what you're saying is that there is no difference. The ones in hell ask for God's forgiveness as you do.
There is a difference. The ones in Hell can not get out.