1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '22 08:42
    @suzianne said
    Yes, nothing.

Not even space.

The limits of space that we have now were created in the Big Bang. There was nothing, nothing for the singularity to explode INTO, because there was nothing. The Big Bang created space as we know it. Literally everything that is anything came into being at the Big Bang. This makes it a perfect analogy for creation, because it was literally a "Let there be Light" moment.
    Indeed.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '22 08:55
    @divegeester said
    Why do you “hope” I won’t be there when I’ve told you I’m a Christian?

This is just more nasty inferences from you.

Hey maybe I’m a tare??
    There are going to be a lot of people in Hell who call themselves Christian, the
    label we fashion on ourselves and each other are meaningless; God is the judge, not
    us. Is Jesus doing a work IN YOU, is Christ IN YOU? It is more than just a profession
    there is a conversion involved unless you think Jesus was kidding when He said we
    must be born again. Do you think this is serious stuff or just fluff for you? It doesn't
    at all matter?

I don't know whether your relationship with Christ is genuine or not; you do, not
    me. More than a few will hear the words depart from me; I never knew you; I hope
    you are not one of those. I have told you, I'm not a once saved, always saved
    Christian; I take the verses that tell us to watch out least we fall seriously; there are
    too many warnings in the Word to think once 'you believe,' you have a get out of
    Hell card that allows you to do anything you want.

1 Corinthians 10:12
    Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '22 09:03
    @divegeester said
    This is just a pile of piffle.

I could ask FMF to write a post explaining what I believe and why I believe it and he’d get most of it right.

You keep pretending you don’t understand, you’re a liar, you do understand, you just pretend not to because you don’t want to face up to what I’m writing.

I’ve just demonstrated that by juxtaposing sonship completely unde ...[text shortened]... don’t get it.

I don’t get it
    I don’t get it
    I don’t get it

It’s not good by you kellyjay,
    Jesus was and is the Son of God there was never a time He wasn't, so you saying
    that Jesus and Jehovah are one and the same I agree because Jehovah is God and
    so is Jesus. I'm not pretending anything, Jesus is God incarnate, Jesus claimed to be
    "I AM" everyone who heard Him say that knew exactly what that meant they wanted
    to kill Him for it. My questioning you isn't that I don't get it, I do, you are the one
    that has issues with the text realizing that the Father is not the same person as the
    Son, that the Holy Spirit is not the same person as the Son, but all are One and God.

You asking FMF to write why you are right isn't a ringing endorsement of someone
    who claimed to have a relationship with Christ and not denies Him.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '22 09:111 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You asking FMF to write why you are right isn't a ringing endorsement of someone
    Don't be so disingenuous, KellyJay. divegeester did not say I could write about "why [he] is right" or that I agree with or "endorse" his beliefs.

He said I could easily explain what divegeester believes, which I can.

This is in stark contrast to you, who appears, of late, to be pretending not to have [1] read or [2] understood what other people have clearly stated about what they believe.

I don't know what's amiss with you recently, KellyJay, but a lot of your rhetorical devices and gimmicks [here, for e.g., you are deliberately getting what divegeester said wrong... where was the word "endorsement" used? You added that to change what was said...] smack of low integrity. Sorry to say.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '22 09:12
    @kellyjay said
    The "relationship with Christ" I had back in the day is the same as the "relationship with Christ" you have now.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '22 09:17
    @fmf said
    Don't be so disingenuous, KellyJay. divegeester did not say I could write about "why [he] is right" or that I agree with or "endorse" his beliefs.

He said I could easily explain what divegeester believes, which I can.

This is in stark contrast to you, who appears, of late, to be pretending not to have [1] read or [2] understood what other people have clearly stated about ...[text shortened]... endorsement" used? You added that to change what was said...] smack of low integrity. Sorry to say.
    My point to him was you backing him on what a Christian is wouldn't mean much to
    me since you deny who Christ is.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '22 09:22
    @kellyjay said
    My point to him was you backing him on what a Christian is wouldn't mean much to
    me since you deny who Christ is.
    You're STILL pretending to not understand.

He said: "I could ask FMF to write a post explaining what I believe and why I believe it and he’d get most of it right."

So, he's right, I could write a post explaining what he believes and why he believes it, and I’d get most of it right.

You are being disingenuous.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '22 12:10
    @fmf said
    You're STILL pretending to not understand.

He said: "I could ask FMF to write a post explaining what I believe and why I believe it and he’d get most of it right."

So, he's right, I could write a post explaining what he believes and why he believes it, and I’d get most of it right.

You are being disingenuous.
    One who has never had Christ in them doesn't know because only Jesus can make us
    holy before God, giving us the born again experience.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '22 13:16
    @kellyjay said
    One who has never had Christ in them doesn't know because only Jesus can make us
    holy before God, giving us the born again experience.
    I could describe divegeester's beliefs. You spend much of your pretending that you can't.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '22 14:15
    @fmf said
    I could describe divegeester's beliefs. You spend much of your pretending that you can't.
    Yes I believe you could but what you can not do is know if Christ is in Him, that you deny by default.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '22 14:25
    @kellyjay said
    Yes I believe you could but what you can not do is know if Christ is in Him, that you deny by default.
    You are flogging a dead red herring, KellyJay.

divegeester said: "I could ask FMF to write a post explaining what I believe and why I believe it and he’d get most of it right."

He is right. I could. Me being an ex-Christian is not the issue.

For what it's worth, I don't think Christ is in him. Nor do I think Christ is in you.

I think you both believe that Christ is in you just as I once did.

Such is the nature of Christian faith.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '22 16:09
    @fmf said
    You are flogging a dead red herring, KellyJay.

divegeester said: "I could ask FMF to write a post explaining what I believe and why I believe it and he’d get most of it right."

He is right. I could. Me being an ex-Christian is not the issue.

For what it's worth, I don't think Christ is in him. Nor do I think Christ is in you.

I think you both believe that Christ is in you just as I once did.

Such is the nature of Christian faith.
    Believing in God is different than believing God.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '22 16:20
    @kellyjay said
    Believing in God is different than believing God.
    Thanks for the schlocky bumper sticker: sounds vaguely plausible but doesn't withstand scrutiny.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 May '22 16:32
    @fmf said
    Thanks for the schlocky bumper sticker: sounds vaguely plausible but doesn't withstand scrutiny.
    Jesus told Nicodemus the truth.

John 3:3
    Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree