1. England
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 19:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    are you saying that music cannot influence some to the point of action?
    you can not blame the music for your actions.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 19:45
    Originally posted by stoker
    are you saying that music has no influence on a persons actions?
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 19:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    (Sorry about my spelling, there seems to have been a glitch when I attempted to fix it).
    Some metal music makes direct references to satan, some allude to it while others dont even mention it at all, however some christian groups (usually the more fundie types) like to brand all heavy metal music as "satanic".
    It is clear that that some of these bands ...[text shortened]... good laugh, and possibly doing it for attention -any publicity is good publicity.

Thoughts?
    Haven't you see beyond belief on ABC? They had a guy who plays christian music now and in the past he played heavy metal. He even should what the devil's string cord sounded like and note.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 20:16
    Music definitely affects mood or at the very minimum enhances mood. Thats a large part of why we listen to it. Of course I don't buy the whole blame game thing. Its similar to alcohol, if you know you act stupid when drunk, either take responsibility for acting stupid, or don't get drunk. Don't blame the alcohol.
    But similarly, if certain music makes you sad or angry then you may choose not to listen to it.
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 20:32
    Metal is evil, avoid it!!
  6. England
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 22:15
    are you saying that music has no influence on a persons actions?
    how could it?? it can however enhance your emotion, but not your actions.
    are you saying you are easily influenced by sounds.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '11 22:224 edits
    how could it?? it can however enhance your emotion, but not your actions.
    are you saying you are easily influenced by sounds.
    yes i am influenced by sounds, as twithead points out, music influences the emotions.
    Indeed one does not have to look very far to see its effects on people, after all, why
    do punk rockers have mohawks, because the music has influenced their life, why did
    Mods buy lambrettas and wear green parkas, because music influenced their lives,
    why do goths dress all in black, because music has influenced their lives. In each and
    every one of these instances affiliation with a type of music leads to a particular action
    as a culture is created.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 00:00
    if one takes the inside of Led Zepplin four, the picture with the hermit upon the top of
    the mountain and puts it against a mirror there are clearly occult signs in the rock
    structure. Page himself was clearly influenced by Crowley, whether of course it makes
    one want to leave the Christian faith, i dunno, would listening to Queen make you
    b ...[text shortened]... inal Iron Maiden, sadly there are very few tracks that i can listen to in good
    conscience now.
    "Good conscience"?

Oh, please.

I have the faith of the mustard seed, and yet I listen to AC/DC, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin all the time because they rock out. Of all things, music isn't going to send me to hell. As someone said, it's not what goes in that damns you, it's what comes out.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 00:02
    yes i am influenced by sounds, as twithead points out, music influences the emotions.
    Indeed one does not have to look very far to see its effects on people, after all, why
    do punk rockers have mohawks, because the music has influenced their life, why did
    Mods buy lambrettas and wear green parkas, because music influenced their lives,
    why do ...[text shortened]... stances affiliation with a type of music leads to a particular action
    as a culture is created.
    No.

It wasn't the music that did this.

These people are weak. That's what does this.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 00:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No.

It wasn't the music that did this.

These people are weak. That's what does this.
    yeah your right Lord Vader, ill try to find different methods to motivate them 🙄
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 00:17
    yeah your right Lord Vader, ill try to find different methods to motivate them 🙄
    You think I'm wrong?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 00:23
    "Good conscience"?

Oh, please.

I have the faith of the mustard seed, and yet I listen to AC/DC, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin all the time because they rock out. Of all things, music isn't going to send me to hell. As someone said, it's not what goes in that damns you, it's what comes out.
    strangely enough i am not you and you are not me, indeed that i have different
    sensibilities to you seems to come as a surprise, this begs the question, why do you
    think that everyone is the same as you, if you do not think that, then why are you
    using your conscience, which is different from mine, to assess and judge mine? stating
    that a band rocks, is, in a moral context, irrelevant.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 00:24
    You think I'm wrong?
    I think you demonstrate a worrying disposition towards being judgemental, for a
    professed Christian.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 01:20
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    Karoly - Any particular songs or artists that you have in mind?
    Not really.

how about Black Sabbath?
    Where do they rank?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 01:25
    I think you demonstrate a worrying disposition towards being judgemental, for a
    professed Christian.
    I am just a Christian. The ones who "profess" to be Christians are the ones you cite as "judgemental", in my experience.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree