25 Nov '11 01:25
    Where's RJ's opinion when you want it?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 01:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    strangely enough i am not you and you are not me, indeed that i have different
    sensibilities to you seems to come as a surprise, this begs the question, why do you
    think that everyone is the same as you, if you do not think that, then why are you
    using your conscience, which is different from mine, to assess and judge mine? stating
    that a band rocks, is, in a moral context, irrelevant.
    Oh, no, Robbie, I fully realize that you are not me, because I would never go so far as to dis my fellow Christians by refusing their Christianity.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 03:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, no, Robbie, I fully realize that you are not me, because I would never go so far as to dis my fellow Christians by refusing their Christianity.
    killing people is not Christian, no matter what way you look at it, simply pointing out
    that the churches of Christendom have a legacy of this is not judging, its a statement
    of fact.

I apologise to the Op for going off topic, some things cannot remain unsaid.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 03:16
    This is just further proof that metal is Devil music. 😕
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 03:23
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    This is just further proof that metal is Devil music. 😕
    country and western is the devils music, every one knows that!
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 03:42
    you dis me all the time, in fact, it has been said many times by your Christian friends
    that me and the Gman are not Christians because we find no evidence in scripture
    that Jesus is God Almighty, do you see us, bitchin about it, no way, we know you dont
    know what you are talking about and leave it at that.
  7. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 03:433 edits
    I think Suzianne is right. Metal is safe. The caveat is, it's people that are prone to be subliminally influenced that should avoid not only certain types of music, but certain movies as well.

As a Christian--and I don't have kids but if I did--I would not allow my children listening to certain types of music or seeing certain movies until they reach an age where they can discern, and have a solid foundation from which to draw upon, regarding right and wrong.

There are some people who are prone to subliminal influence beyond childhood and into adulthood. It's not something to be ashamed of, we all have certain chinks in our armor.

So all that said, I enjoy Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Led Zeppelin, and all the rest. I do not allow them to influence my actions, and I listen to them because I simply enjoy the sound of the music.

By the way, remember when Ozzy got into all kinds of trouble for his song on the Blizzard of Oz album called "Suicide Solution?" Some kid killed himself listening to that album and Ozzy was blamed and taken to court. The interesting thing is--and I'm sure I'm correct on this--it's not the song "Suicide Solution" that would drive anyone to kill themselves. Because that song is about the dangers of alcohol and how it can kill you. It's the song AFTER "Suicide Solution" that the kid killed himself over, and it's called "Goodbye to Romance" and it's a sad song about a major heartbreak and the singer bids everyone goodbye saying "we'll meet in the end." Yep, that's the song that the kid reacted to.

But seriously was the songwriter at fault? Because if so, then you might as well outlaw every country song ever written.
  8. England
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 09:40
    yes i am influenced by sounds, as twithead points out, music influences the emotions.
    Indeed one does not have to look very far to see its effects on people, after all, why
    do punk rockers have mohawks, because the music has influenced their life, why did
    Mods buy lambrettas and wear green parkas, because music influenced their lives,
    why do ...[text shortened]... stances affiliation with a type of music leads to a particular action
    as a culture is created.
    im not sure which way round it is music - culture.. or culture-music. but why the who were for mods and stones for rockers but i liked both music i also wore suits and jeans tho not together. later i looked like a john lennon reject but went to rock concerts. music should enhance your life as im of a senior age i like more gentle sounds to the ear but it only gives me a enjoyment not incitement and that is how it should be
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 16:27
    you dis me all the time, in fact, it has been said many times by your Christian friends
    that me and the Gman are not Christians because we find no evidence in scripture
    that Jesus is God Almighty, do you see us, bitchin about it, no way, we know you dont
    know what you are talking about and leave it at that.
    Maybe you should think about that before you go calling Christians plastic Christians, or whatever phrase you think is hip this week.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 16:34
    Maybe you should think about that before you go calling Christians plastic Christians, or whatever phrase you think is hip this week.
    CiNO ring any bells?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 17:06
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    CiNO ring any bells?
    I certainly did not call any Christians in this forum that.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 17:191 edit
    I certainly did not call any Christians in this forum that.
    You sure about that?

I'll give you a clue 13th September 2011.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 18:22
    you yourself used the phrase, plagiarised me, to describe persons who apostatised and
    who would fall away in your perception of the Christian Holocaust.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 19:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    (Sorry about my spelling, there seems to have been a glitch when I attempted to fix it).
    Some metal music makes direct references to satan, some allude to it while others dont even mention it at all, however some christian groups (usually the more fundie types) like to brand all heavy metal music as "satanic".
    It is clear that that some of these bands ...[text shortened]... good laugh, and possibly doing it for attention -any publicity is good publicity.

Thoughts?
    Well it's certainly not of Christ.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 21:44
    killing people is not Christian, no matter what way you look at it, simply pointing out
    that the churches of Christendom have a legacy of this is not judging, its a statement
    of fact.

I apologise to the Op for going off topic, some things cannot remain unsaid.
    Feel free to go off topic on my threads. You know the saying : do unto others as they would have do to you 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree