1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 21:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well it's certainly not of Christ.
    But if Christ IS God,and all things are of God, then wouldn't metal be as well.
    (This is just just one line of thought here)
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 21:58
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I think Suzianne is right. Metal is safe. The caveat is, it's people that are prone to be subliminally influenced that should avoid not only certain types of music, but certain movies as well.

As a Christian--and I don't have kids but if I did--I would not allow my children listening to certain types of music or seeing certain movies until they reach an ...[text shortened]... cause if so, then you might as well outlaw every country song ever written.
    What about positive subliminal thoughts (thought "implants"? ), are they bad as well?
    Some people try those subliminal tapes to try to purposefully alter their minds (for the better). What do you think of stuff like that?

Also Ozzy and Zep and co. are not considered heavy metal these days. "Hard rock" at best.

you cant be sure that that kid reacted to that song. Perhaps it played a part I would guess it would be highly unlikely that that one song alone prompted him to kill himself.
    All things being considered normal (ie the kid had a decent upbringing, had sound r'ships with peers and other "normal" stuff that generally makes for a sane child), I would say he would have had to have had some pretty nasty pcycological disease.
    He also may have just broken up with a girlfriend or a number of other things that could be factors.

I dont think you can blame heavy metal music for some taking their own life. It may play an indirect influence, but UNLESS IT WAS THE ARTISTS' INTENTION TO WANT TO KILL PEOPLE, then no blame should lay with the artist..
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 22:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    But if Christ IS God,and all things are of God, then wouldn't metal be as well.
    (This is just just one line of thought here)
    Whilst i appreciate this "one line of thought", please could you kindly put some more thought into it.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 23:09
    Whilst i appreciate this "one line of thought", please could you kindly put some more thought into it.
    How so? On what angle/aspect would you like me to expand on?

(Remember that if I dont know I will tell you and if it is my opinion,(which it usually is) then I will also indicate that)

I honestly dont know in which direction to take this or from what point of view I should be arguing form. There are literally dozens of different ways I could approach this
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 23:151 edit
    It may seem that I have not put much thought into it, I was a but rushed when posting that, so you are right to ask for clarification/more thought.

But just about ever thing I post on here has had several years of thought put into it and it has been challenged several times. Also , every now and then (say 1 in a100), says something like "Dude!! that s mind blowing, I also have a far out story like that...)" where he/she proceeds to tell me their story. I think they tell me because after hearing my story they think I might be the sort of guy that wont judge and actually listen to their story and not just right them off as"crackpots"-as it is clear many "listeners" before have done
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 23:15
    How so? On what angle/aspect would you like me to expand on?

(Remember that if I dont know I will tell you and if it is my opinion,(which it usually is) then I will also indicate that)

I honestly dont know in which direction to take this or from what point of view I should be arguing form. There are literally dozens of different ways I could approach this
    Tongue-in-cheek play on words, that was all.

Except that not "all comes from Christ".
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 23:21
    Tongue-in-cheek play on words, that was all.

Except that not "all comes from Christ".
    Joke was it, but also serious. Is that right? (please put a smiley for us/me when making light of something, remember your british sense of humor is hard for dimwits like me to pick up on).

So not all comes from christ? Lets start afresh then shall we. Is "Christ" not "God"? (thats of course if you dont mind, if you do I will not judge you in any way different and your refusal is totally valid ,imo, in this case.)
  8. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 23:39
    (Sorry about my spelling, there seems to have been a glitch when I attempted to fix it).
    Some metal music makes direct references to satan, some allude to it while others dont even mention it at all, however some christian groups (usually the more fundie types) like to brand all heavy metal music as "satanic".
    It is clear that that some of these bands ...[text shortened]... good laugh, and possibly doing it for attention -any publicity is good publicity.

Thoughts?
    Metal music is not "satanic". My favorite band, August Burns Red, is a Christian metalcore band. They're pretty damn heavy, but pay special attention to the lyrics:

YouTube

Satanic? Quite the opposite. You see, it all depends on the lyrics that are written for the song, and the connotation. Genres of music are not satanic. But I'm sure there are plenty of bands out there that are, with songs that exemplify that quality.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 23:481 edit
    Originally posted by Wildfire
    Metal music is not "satanic". My favorite band, August Burns Red, is a Christian metalcore band. They're pretty damn heavy, but pay special attention to the lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1z2zAXEBAQ

Satanic? Quite the opposite. You see, it all depends on the lyrics that are written for the song, and the connotation. Genres of music are not sa m sure there are plenty of bands out there that are, with songs that exemplify that quality.
    Thanks for your input. (This thread was "screaming" out for another point of view like this,thnx dude)

So where do you draw the line with lyrics? (i realize this is a tough subject so let me simplify it by asking it this way): Do you think subliminal (indirect lyrics) are enough to say that the artist had some part in the suicide (or whatever act that is supposed to be inspired by the artist), or does it need to be direct lyrics, (ir "Go kill you mother" )?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 00:02
    Originally posted by Wildfire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1z2zAXEBAQ

Satanic? Quite the opposite. You see, it all depends on the lyrics that are written for the song, and the connotation. Genres of music are not sa ...[text shortened]... m sure there are plenty of bands out there that are, with songs that exemplify that quality.
    Do you think that christian rock makes an iota of difference on the people listening to it ?

and I'm not talking about the already converted or a "friend" that this (converted) person would be bringing with him. (The fact they are attending at that place shows they already have an interest in christianity,(either that or music, but you have to be living in China not to know your mate was taking you to a christian rock concert), so therefore there is already a 'good' chanced of getting converted. Add to this that the fact that the average age of these concerts goers would be like 16 (correct me if I'm wrong), this brings is up to to 'highly likely' that they will be converted.

But you are right when you say you shouldn't judge music on genre.
    And music is a powerful tool especially in a young man or young woman's life. I dont believe the parents should control the music that their kids are listening to. I believe that is attacking the "branch" of the problem. They should be attacking the "root" of the problem , as thats how to weed it out permenantly,
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 04:44
    YouTube

Man I love the older Sabbath 🙂 God forgive me. Not quite metal but were Metal came from.

Manny
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 11:27
    Originally posted by menace71
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIyjSgbia58

Man I love the older Sabbath 🙂 God forgive me. Not quite metal but were Metal came from.

Manny
    I just been listening to "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"
    Not bad,not bad at all, there's a bit of prog rock in there which I enjoy
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 21:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I certainly did not call any Christians in this forum that.
    Any joy recollecting this one yet?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 22:19
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You sure about that?

I'll give you a clue 13th September 2011.
    Good catch.

On the above date, I did, in fact, call Zahlanzi a CiNO.

Again, I say I didn't call any Christians in this forum a CiNO.

This man has such a deranged version of Christianity going on that I cannot, in good conscience, call him a Christian. It's like he accepts the Gospels, but does not accept, nor condone, any of the rest of the Bible. I'm not sure if he even believes the Bible was divinely inspired.

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." -- Matthew 7:23, KJV

Blaspheming God and calling His motives irrational, *while claiming to be Christian*, is "working iniquity" in my book.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Dec '11 12:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Good catch.

On the above date, I did, in fact, call Zahlanzi a CiNO.

Again, I say I didn't call any Christians in this forum a CiNO.

This man has such a deranged version of Christianity going on that I cannot, in good conscience, call him a Christian. It's like he accepts the Gospels, but does not accept, nor condone, any of the rest of the Bible. ...[text shortened]... s motives irrational, *while claiming to be Christian*, is "working iniquity" in my book.
    I see, so we have the True Christian® card being played.

It's like he accepts the Gospels, but does not accept, nor condone, any of the rest of the Bible.

Well that is the section about Christ, and your religion is called 'CHRIST'ianity'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree